» Character Theme songs
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:17 pm by Azalea

» Racial Techniques (WIP)
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:41 pm by Azalea

» It's a Party! (Invite only)
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:40 pm by Non-Player Character

» Changing Race on Damnation
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:51 pm by Azalea

» The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:51 am by The Wandering Scholar

» Flames of Redemption (A What If Plot)
Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:16 am by Shiroki

» End of Waiting (Va'tet/Kibo)
Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:22 am by Va'tet

Flames of Redemption (A What If Plot)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Flames of Redemption (A What If Plot)

Post by Ma'kine on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:05 pm

In this What If Scenario, Sabre had only partially Hollowfied in 1761 when she was met by Ma'kine, Kido Commander and Grand Kido Chief. Unable to restrain the former Noble, Ma'kine was forced to use Forbidden Kido to kill the Hollowfied Shinigami woman. However, the use of the Kido caused him to be sentenced to just over two hundred and fifty years in the sixth level of the Central Gotei Underground Prison, imprisoned without his Zanpakuto, his Kido, and stripped of all his titles. After over two and a half centuries of being locked in Azazael, Ma'kine emerges a free, but possession-less, man.

The changes to the timeline would include there being no rivalry between the Baozhai and the Tsuyosa, and Sabiruchi's sister Ao is now head of the Family.

Ma'kine stretched his wings, still bent and broken since the Civil War. He was surprised his sentence was over. It went surprisingly fast, but his heart was cold and his mind lonely. He stood outside the Second Division, where his personal belongings had been kept. It wasn't much. His Vastech garment, a pair of black pants, and his Zanpakuto which he cradled to himself immediately. He hadn't felt its presence in so many years and now that it was returned, he felt whole. Ma'kine had been allowed to maintain his form, but his spiritual pressure had been suppressed to nothing during his imprisonment, and now that he was free he was letting it roll off him, causing the Second Division to become unseasonably warm.

Ma'kine was told he would have to go back to the Academy and retake all his classes if he wished to return to being a Shinigami or rejoin the Kido Corps. His home and store were long gone, his possessions taken by the Gotei and sold while he was imprisoned. Other than the clothes on his back and the knife in his hands, Ma'kine owned nothing and there was nothing else to his name within Seireitei.

Ma'kine thanked the Shinigami who returned his meager belongings. It wasn't their fault. It was likely most of them hadn't even been out of the Academy by the time he was arrested for practicing the Forbidden Kido and using it to kill a Noblewoman. The fact that she had been a Hollow at the time was the only true reason his sentence was so lenient.

Ma'kine walked out of the Second Division offices and stood outside, his wings catching the sun for the first time in two hundred and fifty six years. The heat waves rolling off his body were practically visible and he had to make a conscious effort to suppress his spiritual pressure. "Once again, I find myself with nothing to my name and no direction..." he wondered out loud.

A girlish voice responded in his mind, the voice of his Zanpakuto spirit who manifested in a way only he could see. As the harpy girl wrapped herself around his body in a loving, possessive embrace she said, "You'll always have me,
now, Ma'kine~
"
Ma'kine

Species : Vastine Amorte
Race : Shinigami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Flames of Redemption (A What If Plot)

Post by Shiroki on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:41 pm

This feeling... Such reiatsu--he had not felt anything quite like it for a couple hundred years.

Two hundred and fifty five, to be exact. And he knew who it belonged to intimately. How could he not?

Sensei

Abandoning the kido trap intended for Captain Pekku (it had become habit to make one at least once a week even though she didn't seem to get caught in them--the inner offices were starting to take on the appearance of a minefield), Shiroki skirted his way past old still-active traps and headed for the exit. The sudden flash and yelp of an unseated officer getting caught in one of their traps (again, a weekly occurrence) didn't faze him in the slightest. He would deactivate it later, or Taiyo would. None of their traps were intended to be fatal anyway.

The burning presence of reiatsu grew stronger as he ventured outside, snagging Zanpakuto and officer's badge as he did so from force of habit. Though no longer a student, he remembered Ma'Kine being particular about matters of attire and bearing. Along the way, he wondered what he would say. Although not one of his regular teachers, Ma'Kine was almost entirely responsible for the philosophy Shiro still followed today. The memory of being completely overwhelmed by the Kido Chief's Hado was still fresh; even though that event had occurred centuries prior. Since then he had vowed never to walk into a fight he couldn't win, to always be relying on Reikaku to scope out opponents before attempting to engage.

And there he was now, standing alone outside their Division offices in the sun. Nor was there any sign of anybody coming to fetch him; surely someone in the Kido Corps would have been dispatched to pick up their former leader? His imprisonment was more of a formality than the result of an actual crime committed, after all. The notion that no one had come bothered him more than he cared to admit. Would it be the same if their positions had been reversed? If Shiroki had been the one to resort to forbidden techniques to save the Gotei and been imprisoned for it, could he count on anyone to meet him after he served his time? Maybe Hanzo would come, or the younger Baozhai-dono, but he couldn't be sure of it. It was just depressing; the idea of being forgotten like that after only a few centuries.

The pup shook his head to rid himself of these gloomy thoughts. No use dwelling about such things. If not a single soul in Seireitei proved loyal enough to acknowledge a war hero for his tireless service, then he would do so. It was the least he owed to someone who taught him, after all.

"Sensei," not wanting to startle his quarry into accidentally Hado-ing his head off, the lieutenant addressed Ma'kine from a polite distance away. "Are you looking for lodgings or anything? I could come along, if you don't mind the company,"
Shiroki

Species : Werewolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagayakashi Kibo on Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:01 am

Kibo quirked up an eyebrow from his napping spot on the roof of his division's headquarters. That reiatsu, he would recognise it anywhere. The old man was finally out, eh? He slowly got up from the spot and stretched a bit. Maybe it would be nice to pay the guy a visit. The guy who he considered to be a friend of sorts.

Kibo shunpo'ed towards the spot where he felt the reiatsu emanate from. He stopped on top of the roof of a building, some distance away. He could see the old man. A small smile graced his lips. But what caught his eye was the lieutenant of second division rushing towards the old man. So.. it seemed that there were other people who were excited to meet the old man as well.

Not wanting to delay any further, he made his way towards the old man, a couple of steps behind the lieutenant. Finally coming face to face with the man after over two centuries, he smiled. The reiatsu was palpable in the air and the whole area had become warm. A familiar effect.

"You don't look as well as you did the last time... Old man", Kibo said with a grin.
Kagayakashi Kibo

Species : Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'kine on Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:21 am

Ma'kine had his eyes closed to the light, having been soaking in the light on his skin and feathers before he turned. These two, he remembered, though they seemed to have both advanced a fair bit since his imprisonment.

The Vastine Amorte man opened his eyes, the swirling liquid rainbows focusing on the two males. "It seems you both have done well for yourselves since my... absence," he said, guesturing with his left hand at the Lieutenant badge the Werewolf now wore and the white Captain's Haori Kibo wore. "And I find that the life of a prisoner does not suit me, Captain Kagayakashi Kibo. Though I know not what I will do with myself now that my sentence is over, though I'm of a mind that I'm far too old to be taking courses at the Academy anymore. Truths said, I am just pleased to finally hear my Zanpakuto again after so many quiet days."

The ancient former Shinigami folded his wings as best he could, his brow furrowing as his poorly healed injuries caused a phantom pain between his wings. "Perhaps one or both of you would be of mind to accompany myself and tell me of all the wonders I have missed since my sentencing?"
Ma'kine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:21 pm

"Oh, nothing much. Civil unrest, a monster ryoka invasion...you know; the usual, although--" the boy grinned. "You'll never believe it, Oji-san. They finally kicked me out. Said there's nothing else to learn and I had to graduate. Me--graduate; can you imagine?"

He unhooked his sealed tonfa baton from his obi and tapped it against its sheath in a casual action; activating Shikai release without speaking the command phrase. The harmless wooden T baton warped, lengthened and merged with its sheath to become a set of wicked chain-linked tonfa blades--one for each hand. What once had been wood was now razor sharp metal, its hooked edges calling to mind vicious claws. "Guess I'm not a hatchling anymore, Sensei?"
Shiroki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagayakashi Kibo on Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:18 pm

Kibo laughed at the excitement of the lieutenant. It was understandable, seeing one's teacher after a long time. Maybe, even he would have been so if it was his sensei.

"Now now lieutenant, let's give the old man some space shall we. Its not wise to brandish your shikai so casually. As for you old man, we are going to get you some treatment from the fourth first. Then, its all about the sight seeing and complaining about how the system has gone from bad to worse"
Kagayakashi Kibo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'kine on Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:54 am

Ma'kine gave a soft chuckle, sliding the multi-bladed dagger of his into a complicated loop off the end of his Vastech. It hung handle downward, the complex blades upwards and to his left. "I'd be of a mind that that is enough of the 'old man', Captain. You're not looking as young as you once were yourself."

As for the Lieutenant, Ma'kine smiled, commenting that a lot has changed since he was gone yet if a rascal like Shiroki was second seat of the Second Division.

Ma'kine had slowly moved so the trio was no longer in front of the offices, slowly making their way away from the Barracks. "And what,
pray tell, could the fourth division possibly do for me now, young Captain?In my time, the Fourth only healed Shinigami and those wounded in battle,
not former felons.
"
Ma'kine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Fri Sep 29, 2017 8:16 am

Ah, right--they weren't exactly alone, were they? Crap.

Shiro quickly re-sealed his weapon and dipped into Reikaku, but it seemed as though no one else was around to see. Good: the Captain wouldn't be happy if he went on another killing spree to remove witnesses. He would have to update his list of people who knew the release later that day. Sometimes the no-killing rule could be a real pain. Stupid society.

Thinking about Shikai prompted an idle curiosity in what form of release Captain Seventh and the ex-Kido Chief manifested. Their paths had crossed rarely thus far, but the information seemed like something that would come in handy. The fact that Captain Kido had also recently returned from a solo training sojourn in some secret location made his need to know much more pressing.

"You're just sore because he wouldn't take you along," laughed Inukaze in his head. "And neither would Captain Taiyo. Admit it,"

Am not!

It was plain annoying losing an argument with your own self. He wished Hanzo had come along. A piggyback ride would have cheered him up.
Shiroki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagayakashi Kibo on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:22 am

"I am under constant rejection that I am getting any older. So, you are going to stay a old man, dear old man. Deal with it", Kibo replied with a chuckle.

"As for the fourth, you are anything but a felon. They will accept you. In fact, if I had my way with central, you would've been awarded by now. But, unfortunately I am not much of a noble am I? And if the fourth do reject you, I'll just pull my authority. Besides, I don't thing the young lieutenant would stay calm if you were not treated as a hero by the fourth", Kibo said pointing to the excited lieutenant walking with them.
Kagayakashi Kibo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'kine on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:38 am

Ma'kine shook his head, frowning. "It is alright, Captain. You can admit to yourself and me that I am indeed a felon. The use of those Kido was forbidden, even knowledge of them restricted. I should have used a different method to... Restrain the late Tsuyosa when she turned into a Hollow. I still do not know how it happened, but I know I saw her change. Perhaps with a different Kido, I could have saved her rather than destroy her. I'll be truthful, I was not expecting my spell to have been so powerful and I regret the decision I made to use it."

Ma'kine turned to look at Shiroki as they walked away from the offices. "Tell me, hatchling, do they still have the practice grounds for combat at the Second's barracks? Before I do anything else- not to say that I will be attending the Fourth, my health is quite fine despite my recent sedentary lifestyle- I would like to give Infanaruasshu Tori here the chance to stretch her wings; you're welcome to help with that." As he talked, Ma'kine affectionately ran his palm along the main blade the dagger at his hip.
Ma'kine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:48 am

"I think we've just the place, but--"

They weren't very far away; a distance that could easily be crossed with a flash step or two. Nope, location wasn't a problem at all. The real problem was something else entirely.

"You'll have to watch your step," He said this more for Captain Kibo's benefit than Ma'kine's. Because there was no way the Vastine could fail to notice the tell-tale traces of kido presence lingering about the grounds and even the very air. The 2nd's practice grounds had; over time, gained its fair share of colorful nicknames from the various people who used it: The Playground. Minefield. Ground Zero.

And, more recently--the Killing Grounds.

What was gratifying was how many of those names cropped up only after a certain Lieutenant had made a few *ahem* adjustments to the Onmitsukido training program. Captain Taiyo had been fully enthusiastic from the start. Unfortunately not everyone else shared her opinion.

The trio would shortly find themselves in a large field which appeared; at first glance, to be little different from any other Division's training grounds. Neatly painted lines divided a section into rows; each one complete with a practice kido dummy waiting at the far end. A small orchard was planted in another corner, with target boards and streamers dangling from branches. And in pride of place at the center of it all was situated what seemed to be a zen meditation garden with rock formations, furrowed sand pits, shallow ponds and a small elevated hill plateau in the middle. It was; in short, a very picturesque location...

That was; assuming one was willing to ignore the occasional black-garbed Onmitsukido trainee frozen in awkward positions here and there throught the course--some sprawled flat and unconscious, others suspended in midair by some sort of force most would be unable to see. Even at his level of Reiatsu perception, Shiroki was unable to actually see the intricate layers of traps both he and Pekku had contributed to over the course of many years; relying on some 'sixth sense' instead to discern their location. But if anyone could see them, a Vastine Amorte could. Especially this one in particular.

Most of the action seemed to be focused on the elevated hillock in the middle of the rock gardens, where a masked ninja was currently engaged in taking on all comers. Wooden practice sword in hand, he fended off waves of Onmitsukido assaulting his location; each side taking care to avoid the traps as they did so. Their footfalls left no impression in the unstable sand that surrounded them.

Grin turning feral now, Shiro crossed the distance separating them from the sandpit and drew his sealed baton as he did so. Wood met wood in a resounding crack as he bore down from overhead, tabi-clad feet balancing upon the ninja's arm for an instant. Following a brief pause both disengaged, the child taking up that now-vacated position on the hilltop while its former occupant retreated. As one, those trainees that still could bent to one knee. "Good Afternoon, Lieutenant."

"I'll need the Playground a bit," he told them, spinning the baton casually around a finger. "Anyone up for kido tag?"

His colleagues exchanged glances that spoke volumes. Nobody wanted to be around when that stuff was going down. It was amazing how so many of them suddenly remembered prior engagements, leaving in record time and taking their unconscious fellows with them.

As simple as that, a few moments later they had the entire place to themselves.

"Well, Sensei? Jii-san?" he called out to both men still lingering at the outskirts of the field. "Are you gonna stand there all day?"
Shiroki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagayakashi Kibo on Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:56 am

Kibo sharpened his senses after heeding the young lieutenant's warning. He could definitely sense some faint traces of reiatsu, but nothing solid. In fact, he could say that it was his experience that helped him sense something. The second surely lived up to its name as a mysterious division. He watched where he stepped as he was in no mood to become a pincushion.

Kibo perked his eyebrow up in response to the jii-san call. Seriously, he wasn't that old...!

"Well, the kid looks far too enthusiastic to deny, don't you think old man?" he said as he walked towards the excited lieutenant
Kagayakashi Kibo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'kine on Sun Oct 01, 2017 4:40 pm

Ma'kine could sense the Kido. He'd spent so long manipulating kido that he could almost feel the differences between the invisible spells. But, they weren't entirely invisible to him, as the swirls of color in his irises blurred, spinning around his pupil as he looked beyond visible light. Kido was a faster energy, moved more than what humans could see. By tapping into the edges of ultraviolet, Ma'kine could visibly see all kido below number thirty two. Anything beyond that, not even a Vastine Amorte could see.

Moving without pause, Ma'kine strode through the magical minefield unscathed. His hand touched the knife on his hip. "I know that back in my days under the sun, it was considered most indecent to bring a Zanpakuto out in front of others. I'm not sure if this is still the case, but I loathe to think what she'd do if I don't allow this. My humblest of apologies," Ma'kine said when he released his spiritual pressure, the sudden heat intense for a moment before it returned to being suppressed. Though it lasted an instant, a fire had erupted on the ground some feet from Ma'kine, leaving a black stain.

Manifesting one's Zanpakuto was often a requirement for bankai, forcibly dragging the spirit into the Shinigami's world, but Ma'kine and Infanaruasshu Tori had promised to never use force on each other. Instead, she used the energy he just released to create a body for herself.

Infanaruasshu Tori was a harpy, a youthful, incredibly pretty young adolescent who had arm-like wings and human legs covered in red feathers. She had bird feet, with long talons, but wore wooden tabi, her talons hanging over the edge of the wooden platform with silk rope over and between the toes. Her wings had digits much like fingers at their ends, and the red wings were extended around Ma'kine's neck when she manifested. Her topless body was pressed into his back, but she deigned to give herself incredibly short shorts rather than her usual nudity. Her figure is slim but soft, the figure of a girl who has never had to work for anything. With a laugh the Zanpakuto spirit moved to sit on his shoulders, a leg on each side of the old Vastine's neck.

The girl's rainbow eyes were wide as she waved enthusiastically at the two Shinigami, introducing herself by name while Ma'kine had to reach back and support her rear lest she fall off his shoulders trying to look all around. One of her wing-hands was holding Ma'kine's hair and the spirit simply radiated cheer and joy and playfulness, whereas Ma'kine still hung on structure and formality. The spirit leaned down, her body curving over his head to look him directly in the eye while simultaneously laying on him. "Are we going to play again, Ma'kine? It's been so so so long since we played and I hope you haven't forgotten how!"
Ma'kine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanying Baozhai on Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:07 pm

She had been doing paperwork when she felt a familiar presence in the air. A warmth that she hadn't felt in centuries. Lanying Baozhai smiled to herself as she pushed aside her half-finished paperwork and decided to put some clothes on, after all, it wouldn't do any good for the Captain Commander to walk around half naked now, would it.

As she was zipping up her dress, she smiled at herself in the mirror. She hadn't felt this happy since the birth of her daughter. Keeping her smile, she turned around and was met face to face with her zanpakuto spirit.

"And what, exactly, are you so happy about?" The upper body of Inei Ojou had a slight smirk on her face as she spoke, her flowing garments barely covering her body. "She's happy cause an old 'friend' of hers got out of the slammer!" Inei Ojou's lower mouth giggled as it spoke, causing both Lanying and the upper body scowled at it, to no effect as the lower mouth's giggle only got louder. "Yes, that's why I'm happy. Because an old friend got out of prison...a sentence that I shouldn't have delivered...but I had no choice. The law is the law." Lany's smile was wiped from her face as she walked over to her desk, pulling her modified haori on and strapping her zanpakuto to her left thigh. "Now...where did that old bird run off to?"

Lany closed her eyes and tried to sense where Ma'kine had run off to after being released. He wasn't at the prison still...but he was close...she was just about to give up when she felt a tap on her shoulder. Releasing a sigh, she turned around to see an Omnitsukido member kneeling before her. "Ma'am, former Kido Chief Ma'kine was just released from the GCUP."

"Yes I am aware of this, thank you. Anything else?"

"Of course. He was spotted with Captain Kibo of the 7th division and Lieutenant Sakanade of the 2nd division. They were last seen in the 2nd divisions barracks heading to the training ground."

"Very well, then that is where I will head as well. Do not inform them of my coming." She gave a light smile. "I want it to be a surprise."

Species : Oni

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:16 pm

While he hadn't met Tori-chan before, Shiro was sure he liked her already. Something about her promised fun and mayhem and maybe just a touch of murder in all the right quantities. And he could tell there hadn't been any compelling involved in her appearance at all--unless Eagle-jii-san was simply that good at forcing materializing that it took no effort.

If only Inukaze could be like that. She always fought like a demon when dragged out. You'd think she actually liked being tied down in that dungeon of an inner world. Speaking of inner worlds--

They were doing this then. It was a thing. If so, he was glad he sent the ninjas away. Manifesting this particular spirit was embarrassing. The last time he had done it, Hanzo had teased him unmercifully for weeks.

Nonetheless, there wasn't any reason not to--given that all the Captains already knew about it from his Lieutenant Proficiency Test. Except Ma'kine, of course.

So he followed suit, reaching deep into his reserves to cloak himself in reiatsu--dark, oppressing and ominous. Being less experienced in its execution he didn't bother controlling its output like the older Vastine had, and instead of only flaring up a moment before dying down it took on a distinct visual aspect that shrouded the immediate surroundings in black auras and smog. From there the pressure continued to build, the auras merging to form a vaguely canine face that snarled aggressively before diffusing back into smoke.

All in all it had taken a little over...three minutes. Not bad. At his first attempt, it had been ten. He supposed he knew what Ma'kine would say to that though, if they were both still in the Academy.

Three minutes is suicide, hatchling! An opponent could gut and fillet you in the time it takes your Bankai to wake up!

Well...not strictly true. An opponent would first have to deal with the weight of his unique reiatsu first--a grim, merciless pressure reflecting the end of all hope itself. Seasoned Onmitsukido had been reduced to tears just by being in the vicinity of his release. Not that Ma'kine would accept that as an explanation though.

The aura lifted as suddenly as it had come, allowing everyone present to breathe again. And with it stood Inukaze in the flesh.

Literally.

As he had feared, Inukaze manifested looking like she always did: A white werewolf girl perhaps a year or so older than he. Other than being taller by a head, she resembled Shiroki closely--a resemblance made all the more apparent by the fact that she wore absolutely nothing at all.

Or nothing that could be considered clothing at least: A vicious looking collar encircled the child spirit's neck, adorned with spike studs that pierced straight through to dig into the throat beneath. Heavy iron cuffs hung loose on her bony wrists and ankles, shackling her with their weight. Lengths of chain wound about her waist afforded some measure of modesty, blood seeping from every link. Aside from that concession she was nude, but there was nothing remotely sexual about the bleeding scars marring her body or the jerky motion of ribs shifting under the parchment skin of her bare chest as she struggled to breathe.

Shiroki winced. He had once made the mistake of manifesting Inukaze while Hanzo had been present. Hanzo had taken one critical look at the form his sword spirit had taken, then lifted a quizzical eyebrow and recommended the name of a psychologist the Lieutenant really should see. Because reasons...

Since that unfortunate incident, both Hanzo AND Inukaze had alternately teased him about it. This was threatening to become a repeat of that incident. Both Captain Seven and the Vastine were peering at him.

He wasn't given any time to regret however, with Inukaze doing as she always did and attacking him with her shikai release almost as soon as she fully materialized. She cackled in deranged bloodlust as she swung the bladed ends of her chains at him, laughing all the louder as he brought up his wooden T baton to block in the nick of time. The resulting clash generated enough force to send a novice flying.

"Not bad! Not bad at all, Nii-chan," Inukaze used the feminine 'chan' to address him as she often did, like elder sister to a younger brother. "You might actually give me a real workout this time!" Her eyes darted to the others present, lingering on Infanaruasshu Tori. "And what's this? Shiro-chan has friends? A girlfriend even? And you invited me out to play? Nii-chan, you really shouldn't have!"

Maybe this hadn't been such a good idea after all.
Shiroki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagayakashi Kibo on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:28 pm

Kibo chuckled at the antics of the lieutenant's zanpakuto spirit. It was a very lively one. The old man's spirit seemed to be jovial one too, something that the old man didn't seemed to be. Now that they were prepared, it was his turn. Unfortunately, the training he had been on had been very taxing. So, he decided to play it safe... for now.

"Unfortunately, I can't bring my spirit out due to the exhaustion caused by my recent training. But, don't worry, I won't hold back against you, old man"

He emphasised his words by lightening crackling around his fist, showing that his shunko was ready to explode at a moments notice.
Kagayakashi Kibo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'kine on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:51 pm

Ma'kine's long arms reached up, taking his spirit by the armpits and lifting her over his head and setting her on her feet. Ma'kine placed a hand on her head, messing her red hair before he turned to face the two proper Shinigami. An unspoken message of love was sent between Ma'kine and Infanaruasshu Tori. The two avian beings had known each other for longer than most buildings in Seireitei have stood. Their bond was incredible, and Ma'kine quenched the knowledge he possessed from his mind. He refused to let her know he'd betrayed her so long ago. His Zanpakuto was all he had left, now.

But she understood what was left unspoken and the girl took to the air, moving far from the three Shinigami. Ma'kine let his vision return to normal before he removed the vest he wore, tossing it aside. Standing shirtless, he stretched his arms and torso, showing a body covered in more than fifteen thousand years of wear and tear, scarring and proof of countless battles on the frontlines. It was evident however that Ma'kine had lost muscle mass and weight since his imprisonment.

"If you would forgive my confidence, I'd like to see how far I can go without Infanaruasshu Tori's aid to begin with, using what little Kido and Shunko I recall. It shouldn't be too much trouble for a Captain and a Lieutenant to beat a weaponless old felon like myself, correct?" Ma'kine smiled a small grin as his wings snapped open, and the spiritual pressure returned but condensed to swirl around his body as he allowed his Shunko to manifest. Unlike a traditional Shunko, or one like Kibo's, Ma'kine's was one of flame and his feathers were streaked with snapping tongues of fire as the spinning vortex of heat coalesced around his right hand.
Ma'kine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:50 am

"Che," Inukaze's spirit snorted and spat in her owner's direction. "I'll say this much--old guy's got a pair," she brought a paw up to shade her eyes, examining Ma'kine's fiery reiatsu with interest. "So whatcha gonna do, Onii-chan? Run away like you always do? Call for my help? Or maybe put on your big-boy pants and do somethin' before he burns the fur off you?"

Shiroki sighed. Five minutes in and already Inukaze was giving him a headache. That had to be some kind of new record. "Do whatcha want," he informed her wearily and drew his baton. "I'm tired of stopping you anyway,"

"More like you can't," snapped the girl. "Wait--you're not gonna fight 'im with my sealed form, are you? That's cra--"

"Hado #58: Tenran,"

"Aaack!" Inukaze found; much to her dismay, that Shiroki had aimed the tornado force wind not directly at Ma'kine but more at an angle--just the right angle to cause tongues of flame to leap off the swirling fire of his Shunko to strike the sword spirit nearby. For a moment or two she had to occupy herself beating out smoldering patches that had formed on her white fur. "Baka! You're goin' down!"

Shiroki dove for cover as Inukaze suited actions to words, sending a bladed chain flying through the space his head had originally been. It collided with a large rock in the middle of the meditation sand garden, splitting it right down the middle. But before she could reel her weapon back in, a sandal-clad foot stomped its pointed edge deeper into the sand pit, holding it in place. A furry hand took hold of her chain in the same action, and both children locked gazes for a split second as identical bloodthirsty grins appeared on each face. "You're bluffin' Shiro-chan. You ain't got the stones--"

"Try me. Hado #4: Byakurai,"

Shiroki's hand glowed blue with the incantation, the resulting electrical force conducted into and through the chain he was holding to reach its target. Its explosion hurled Inukaze off her feet and a considerable distance away, chains trailing after her. A muffled thump accompanied by a spout of sand indicated the landing.

All that had happened in the space of twenty seconds.

Shiroki turned apologetically to both older men; who had paused to watch the arc of one very-pissed-off sword spirit's descent. "Can you start without me, Kibo taicho? I'll be right there once I beat myself unconscious," he sighed. "Again."

From far off they could make out faint shouted curses. Apparently Inukaze disagreed greatly with her owner's assessment.
Shiroki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagayakashi Kibo on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:15 pm

Kibo could only chuckle at the lieutenant's situation. Zanpakuto spirits take over the characteristics of its wielder and the lieutenant's zanpakuto suited him every bit. He turned back towards the old man who was putting up an extraordinary show of his shunko.

He himself activated his shunko as it crackled into existence all around his body. His was a lightening styled one, suited for fast and yet powerful attacks. The shunko turning into bright yellow colour signifying that he was using it at just over half its strength. Using any form of technique still proved to be exhausting and painful, thanks to his recent training journey. So he couldn't use his shunko at full power.

"Its just you and me old man, just like the old times, eh? Your reiatsu still feels the same way. Dominating everyone in its presence"

Against someone like the old man, attacking first would be downright stupid. So, he waited for him to make the first move. Fighting on the defensive and keeping it safe would be the best way to face him in his current condition. Oh, the fourth will have a field day once he is done with the spar...
Kagayakashi Kibo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'kine on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:58 am

Ma'kine rolled his shoulders as his Shunko steadily grew larger, his Spiritual Pressure increasing a bit at a time. Then in a flash, the flames dancing along his feathers burst backwards, leaving trails behind him in the air. His entire upper body was wreathed in spirals and coils of flame.

"It's been so long since I used Shunko I was afraid I'd forgotten how. It seems that's not the case," Ma'kine smiled, seeing the opening move was his. Without moving from his spot, Ma'kine thrust his arm outwards, in an upper-cut motion, and when he did the flames on his arm shot forward towards Kibo's chest, the Vastine Amorte using the Shunko as some kind of ranged attack.

The Zanpakuto Spirit was ignoring the fight, having flown to lay her body on one of the walls around the training grounds. She closed her eyes and seemed to be sunbathing.
Ma'kine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:52 pm

...that had taken longer than expected. And it looked as though Captain Seven was in need of some help. Not a moment too soon.

"Hado #58: Tenran,"

Shiro made the kido radius wider this time at the cost of power; channeling the gale force wind in an area over Ma'kine's entire person. It wouldn't do much to snuff out the fires, but it probably would blow them in some other direction at least--and interrupt any attempt to make the Captain toasty burny crispy toast.

If Ma'kine wasn't going to use his sword yet he supposed he should do the same. It would also be fun to try kido against the Grand Chief again as a barometer, to see how far he'd come.

"I'm back; didja miss me?"
Shiroki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagayakashi Kibo on Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:44 pm

Kibo was waiting for the old man's attack to arrive. He could feel the heat emanating from it. He knew it wasn't enough to severely damage him, but he didn't want to take any chances. He was just about to shunpo his way out of the path of the attack when the kido used by the lieutenant diverted the path of the attack into missing him.

"Not so much, no", He answered the young lieutenant's question. He wanted to tease him a bit. Besides, he was far too easy going to take any fight that wasn't life threatening in the earnest seriously.

"As much as I'd like to appreciate the help lieutenant, I'd advice you to focus on the old man. I am quite sure that we are both capable of protecting ourselves and our main priority now is to actually give the old man a run for his money"

As soon as he said so, he burst ahead leaving behind a trail of lightening, stopping a few distance ahead of the old man. He was confident that his shunko was thick enough to protect him from the old man's shunko flames.

"Raijin no Chiiki", he said as he punched the ground ahead of him. His new shunko technique was strong enough to shock hollows to dust in seconds at full power. The lightening spread through the ground towards the old man, at less than half their full power. Kibo was sad that he wasn't at full power. If he had been, he could actually completely enjoy his spar with the old man.
Kagayakashi Kibo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'kine on Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:57 pm

Ma'kine didn't bother dodging. Instead, he replied in earnest, following the Captain down to a knee and punching the ground. Ma'kine was using a modified version of a Shikai technique, and his Zanpakuto spirit took notice as the flames that made up his Shunko rushed to the ground and made a growing circle, radiating outward in a spider's web.

When the lines of flame touched the electricity, small, waist high pyres burst at the points of contact. The original technique was designed to incinerate Hollows, but lacked these flames lacked the power of his Shikai. "Sukāretto sōgi kasō is a miserable failure in Shunko, so it seems, Infanaruasshu Tori. Your power is needed to make it worthwhile." Behind him, the harpy nodded her head and went back to sunbathing. While Ma'kine's half-formed technique wouldn't be deadly, it did act as a decent cancellation for Kibo's similar technique.
Ma'kine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:37 am

Geysers of sand spouted from the explosions' point of contact, spraying in every direction. And it had been such a pretty garden too...

Shiroki casually picked his way around the craters that turned his sandpit into a lunar landscape. If Captain Seven was so intent on being the biggest, most explodey thing present he saw no reason to deny him the opportunity of being the distraction. It even made sense in a way. Onmitsukido did not attack from the front. They struck like a knife in the back, from the shadows.

Ma'kine would be concentrating on the Captain as the more dangerous threat. That was fine, especially since it gave him all the more time to walk from kido trap to kido trap, conscripting their reiatsu signatures and weaving them together into a net composed entirely out of kido. It was not something he could have done in a one-on-one battle, since an opponent would have caught on straight away. Especially one of Ma'kine's caliber.

With sensei focused on the more immediate danger though, this just might work. Now to spring the trap.

"Weren't you the one who always said not to rely too much on zanpakuto, Sensei? Bakudo #61: Rikujokoro!"

Without bothering to see if the light rod prison even connected to its target, he followed up with the main attack, funneling power into a web strand that would soon spread all over the net and those within it. "Hado #12: Fushibi,"

Stealthy as all jazz--the Captain herself would have been proud.

Combat:

Fushibi: The kido net Hinamori created to entrap and blow up Halibel's fraccion; except in this case it
is powered by Hado instead of a Shikai ability because Shiro is not in Shikai.
Bakudo: Advanced
Hado: Intermediate
Shiroki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagayakashi Kibo on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:16 am

As soon as the old man countered his move, Kibo moved away from the place using a burst of shunpo. Staying too close to the old man for longer periods of time would be dangerous in a fight. It was a good thing that he did so as the young lieutenant's kido would have hit him otherwise.

"You know lieutenant, sometimes I wonder about you second division people. Its a mystery, whether you actually care about your comrades or not! Well, in the big picture, you protect the gotei, and that's all that matters. But it still makes one wonder"

He had always wondered about that. Now that he had the lieutenant alongside him, he could actually clear some of his doubts... provided the lieutenant would answer him.

"Old man, I hope you don't mind me taking it easy. I am not exactly in the best of the shapes at the moment"
Kagayakashi Kibo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top