Ma'kine
Dust to Dust (Open) Left11Dust to Dust (Open) Mid10Dust to Dust (Open) Right11 

Top posting users this month
Shiroki
Ma'kine

Latest topics
» The very best, like no one ever was (OPEN)
Dust to Dust (Open) EmptyYesterday at 7:04 pm by Ma'kine

» The War Mother (WIP Dragon)
Dust to Dust (Open) EmptyWed Jun 19, 2019 9:35 pm by Azalea

» Body Building (Open)
Dust to Dust (Open) EmptyFri Jun 14, 2019 6:36 pm by The Wandering Scholar

» Dust to Dust (Open)
Dust to Dust (Open) EmptySat May 18, 2019 3:27 pm by Lanying Baozhai

» Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying)
Dust to Dust (Open) EmptyThu May 09, 2019 6:00 pm by Ma'kine

» Faceclaim Roster
Dust to Dust (Open) EmptyTue May 07, 2019 3:50 pm by Molly

» (Open) Who's that!?
Dust to Dust (Open) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 12:31 am by Weiß Schwarz

» Shiroki Sakanade; Squad 3 Captain (Regrade)(Finished)
Dust to Dust (Open) EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 11:43 am by Shiroki

» Dragon Template
Dust to Dust (Open) EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 10:40 pm by Ma'kine

Dust to Dust (Open)

Go down

Dust to Dust (Open) Empty Dust to Dust (Open)

Post by Ma'kine on Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:51 am

Ma'kine yawned, stretching as she sat behind the counter of her shop. The multi-floor building was built into the walls that lined the streets of Seireitei, and had annexed a warehouse years ago to expand. The main room, which she could observe from her chair, contained things sold to the every-day members of the Seireitei, fancy pens, inkwells, parchment, new Soul Phone models (including a Ma'kine's Manuscripts and Baubles exclusive, shaped like an owl whose wings opened when in use), and other knickknacks. To the left was a two story room of books, with the upper level restricted to Shinigami. That floor carried instructions on Kido, Kido theory, genealogies of the Noble Families, stories about famous Shinigami from History, and so forth. To the right was a sealed room containing gemstones and rare ores, converted from the warehouse. In neat, low tables gems, raw and polished alike, were on display, including a very rare of carving of SekkiSekki stone shaped like a serpent wearing a haori.

The store was having a sale this day, but was only open for a half day due to Ma'kine needing to run errands. All purchases over 12,000 Kan received 20% off. Purchases of 56,000 Kan or more received an additional Soul Phone (only a rabbit model) for free with purchase.

But, the store was empty. The lightly falling rain/snow mix was likely to blame, being so unseasonable this time of year. Ma'kine stretched the muscles in her back, lightly increasing her Spiritual Pressure enough to radiate heat throughout the building. Her front doors, two large doors framed by twenty foot high statues of Garuda monsters, were open so the Vastine Amorte was using her own Spiritual Energy to cut back on her heating costs.

"I hope this isn't an omen of the year to come..." She voiced, feeling particularly morose this day.
Ma'kine
Ma'kine
Admin

Species : Vastine Amorte
Race : Shinigami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Dust to Dust (Open) Empty Re: Dust to Dust (Open)

Post by Lanying Baozhai on Wed May 01, 2019 9:55 am

Lanying had taken the day off. However, she was still surrounded by her entourage of guards. Seated members of the First division surrounded her, while the Onmtisukido members tasked to her hid their presence and hid nearby. As it was her day off, Lanying had decided to go visit an old bird who ran a shop when not doing her job as the Grand Kido Chief.

She casually turned the corner, telling her entourage to wait there, and walked towards the shop. The inside of the shop was much warmer than it should have been, considering the doors were wide open and the Soul Society was in the middle of a cold spring day, and Lany knew the exact reason for that as she walked over to the old bird who ran the shop.

"Ma'kine. How many times have I told you to at least put a shirt on while in your store. Or at least keep your back to the door."

Lanying Baozhai
Admin

Species : Oni

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly on Wed May 01, 2019 1:25 pm

Walking close by Lanying's side was a much smaller figure with messy blue hair. Having just woken up, Molly wasn't particularly happy with the squad's walk through the gross slush. Nonetheless the Captain had asked her to join, and Molly couldn't exactly say no to an offer to hang around Lanying or bother Ma'kine. Rather than waiting with the other members of the squad, Molly knew she could get away with falling in line behind Lanying. She held the door open for her Captain, and closed it behind them.

The shop, and by proxy the heat Ma'kine gave off to warm it, was a very welcoming change of scene. Walking to a stop beside Lanying, the small girl wore her modified Shihakusho, but wore a jacket to cover her exposed back and arms from the cold. She gave a lazy wave at her feathered friend as she glanced around at all the things in the shop, holding loosely onto the slack of Lanying's clothes.
Molly
Molly
Unseated Officer

Species : Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'kine on Wed May 01, 2019 2:31 pm

Ma'kine gave a shrug, folding her arms under her large chest. "I don't understand your people's desire to be clothed constantly. When a person is clothed, everyone wants to see her body, but the moment she undresses, she needs to be covered. I simply don't see the logic in that." Ma'kine then smiled to the much smaller girl beside Lanying, reaching under the counter for a box of sweets. She came around front, bending at the waist as she offered the young Shinigami girl some candy.

This was a bad habit of Ma'kine's; she impulsively offered treats and sweets to anyone even resembling a child, regardless of their position in the Gotei. As Ma'kine had stated in the past, the Kido Corps was its own entity, and didn't need to stand on formalities with the Gotei.
Ma'kine
Ma'kine
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanying Baozhai on Wed May 01, 2019 2:54 pm

Lanying gave a smirk at Ma'kine's statement. "You may be right there Ma'kine, but still. It's best to set a precedent for the younger generation." She casually picked up an item from the shelf next to her, an odd little stone carving of a nude woman in the throes of ecstasy. What one would do with this kind of carving, Lany could only guess, but it wasn't something she'd be interested in.

"I missed you at the last meeting. I know as Grand Kido Chief, you don't have to come to the meetings, but your presence is always welcome."

She gave a light smile as she placed the carving back, and gave her friend a gentle pat on the shoulder.

"And please, don't give Molly too much candy. Poor girl hasn't had breakfast yet as far as I know. Wouldn't wanna upset her stomach."

She casually turned around and grew a light frown. She then gave a gentle wave of her hand, politely dismissing the guards who'd decided to station themselves outside the door. With both the Captain Commander and the Grand Kido Chief here, Lany doubted that the guards would even need to do anything should something happen, and she had her Lieutenant here as well, so it's not like she was completely unguarded.

"I wish I could go one day without those guards. I know they mean well, and they're only doing their job. But if I needed their protection, I wouldn't be a very good Commander, now would I? Besides. Molly is here, and I know she'll protect me. Won't you Molly?"

Her voice had started in her normal tone, but as she started talking about Molly, her voice rose to a much more motherly tone.

Lanying Baozhai
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly on Wed May 01, 2019 3:22 pm

Molly's eyes lit up when she saw the candy, giving Ma'kine a smirk. Ma'kine always had the goods. Molly liked that about her. And while it was true she hadn't eaten breakfast yet... It would be rude of her not to accept at least one piece, right? Reaching into the box, she pulled out a out a lollipop.

"Thank you." She noted, in a quiet but happy tone before turning her attention to Lanying.

As she unwrapped the lolly, she returned her Captain's question with an answer. "Mhm. I'd fight anyone who attacked you."

When she finished the sentence, she popped the sweet in her mouth. This more than made up for the bad weather. Perhaps she was too confident in her abilities, though. If someone attacked the captain, they were probably more than a match for Molly. That probably wouldn't have stopped her from jumping in on the fight though...
Molly
Molly
Unseated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'kine on Wed May 01, 2019 3:45 pm

Ma'kine smiled at the small Lieutenant, reaching out to pat her head before returning to Ma'kine's usual place behind the counter. "A little sweets never hurt anyone, Lanying. And don't even think about letting your underlings fight; at your age you should be protecting them." Ma'kine, of course, made no motion to bring up her own age in this scenario.

"What good would I have been at the latest meeting? I'm sure it was the same as the one before that, which was the same as the one before that. The Twelfth wants more funding, the second laments that their skills are getting rusty from lack of use. The Eleventh wants to hold some big brawl, and the Forth wants to remind everyone about keeping their areas clean and are working with the sixth to pass some rule about noise and behavior for everyone, though it's blatant they're referring to the Eleventh. Was that the gist of it?"
Ma'kine
Ma'kine
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Thu May 02, 2019 3:47 pm

"Not entirely, Oba-sensei,"

To a layperson the interruption might've come out of thin air; so unexpected and sudden as it had been. It would have required more moments after that to locate the source of the statement; lounging casually against the seal restricting entrance to the warehouse annex. Only the white overcoat he wore open in casual fashion existed to imply the newcomer wasn't all he might have seemed...especially in a space already made stifling by the combined reiatsu signatures of both Commander and head of the Kido Corps.

"Y'left out the Third in your gist, Oba-sensei. Not that it matters anyhow--" pale eyes travelled across the store, its wares and current occupants, lingering for a moment upon the Commander's lieutenant in a manner similar to that of a shark lazily considering smaller fish that swam by. "Our Division's used to being...overlooked,"

"Oh, and y'might wanna consider finding a better class of bodyguard, shotaicho-oba-san. The ones you've currently got don't seem very good at their job, if they're gonna just let little kids get past 'em,"

Shiroki
Shiroki
Admin

Species : Werewolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanying Baozhai on Thu May 02, 2019 5:39 pm

Lany bent down to gently pat Molly's head. She truly was a good girl, and if Lany could have, she'd have adopted her ages ago. However, she knew that both of her current children would have fought that decision tooth and nail, so even if he could, she wouldn't be able to. She opened her mouth to lightly admonish Ma'kine, but was instead interrupted by a small, very familiar werewolf child.

"Ah, Captain Sakanade. I wondered how long it would take you to come see Ma'kine."

She turned her attention away from her lieutenant and stared directly at the werewolf captain.

"And my guards know exactly who you are, so of course they let you through. Or did you not sense the onmitsukido nearby drawing their weapons as they sensed your approach?"

She spoke with the voice one would use when admonishing a child. It was not a stern voice, but it was one that Lany deemed useful when dealing with the young ones that tended to surround her.

Lanying Baozhai
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Molly on Thu May 02, 2019 6:15 pm

Molly's smile quickly faded when the newcomer appeared. He may have been her superior, but that didn't mean she had to enjoy his presence. Shame too, the morning was going so good with Lanying and Ma'kine around. Usualy Molly didn't have to worry about the spiritual pressure of a captain. While they were stronger than her, it wasn't enough to cause trouble being around them. Three of them though? Even for Molly it was a noteworthy hinderance.

Sliding closer to her captain, Molly gently averted her gaze from Shiroki, puffing out her cheeks in frustration. She couldn't even retort his claim, out of respect. She was relieved when Lanying did it for her. Positioning herself against her captain's leg, she tightened her grip on Lany's clothing, glancing at the doorway in debate. She could always go wait outside, instead of exhausting herself here, but it was cold outside...
Molly
Molly
Unseated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'kine on Thu May 02, 2019 6:35 pm

Ma'kine didn't even look away from the Commander as she lifted the Third Captain by the scruff of his neck, hauling him onto her lap before she could run away. She immediately began to mess with his unruly hair, attempting to get some semblance of order while using her free hand to offer the Captain some candy. 

She held Captain Sakanade tightly to her, brushing his hair with her long fingers. "Was there something you needed, Lanying? I am holding a sale today, in honor of my shop being recognized as one of the oldest, still operational and privately owned stores in the Seireitei."

The Grand Kido Chief made no effort at all to pay the proper respect owed to the Commander, let alone the Third Captain. To her, they were both children. Strong children, but youngsters all the same. The third in particular, Ma'kine thought while lightly pinching Sakanade's cheek. "You need to eat more so you'll grow up. Have you been sleeping like a good boy, Sakanade?"
Ma'kine
Ma'kine
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Tue May 14, 2019 9:10 am

He really should've remembered that the Grand Kido Chief would be too weird for your garden-variety decoys. Oh well--live and learn.

Couldn't deny that it was funny though; seeing Lany's blind troupe of would-be bodyguards jerk in collective surprise as the reishii construct of himself wafted into nothingness at its apparent location near the sealed storage room to Ma'kine's right. Smirking cheekily from his actual position in the vastine's lap, Shiroki tipped an ironic salute in the Commander's direction.

"You were saying, commander-san?"

And as for Ma'kine herself, long experience suggeested that it was futile to resist so he didn't even try. "So much for tryin' to nick your stuff without you noticing, Oba-sensei. You guessed where l REALLY was from the only empty spot without all the fire reiatsu, dintcha? Gotta keep finding some way around that,"

He grudgingly accepted a rawhide chew, however. No reason not to. "I'll trick you one day, Oba-sensei."

It was a long-running game they played on occasion, dating back to his early days under the avian's command: sneak in, attempt to steal some kind of trinket or other from the shop with Ma'kine being none the wiser. Over the years Shiro had employed a creative variety of ploys, strategies and distractions. So far, none of them had borne fruit. Inexplicably, for some reason Ma'kine kept winning. His current theory was that she must have been cheating by this point. Nobody could possibly hope to detect an ex-member of the Onmitsukido and Captain to boot if they didn't want to be seen. No doubt about it, the Kido Chief was definitely cheating somehow. No matter, that only meant that he had to cheat Better--

Regardless, she'd won for the time being--so he supposed he ought to abandon the idea of a five-finger-discount for now. "I've run out of Soul Candy, Oba-Sensei--d'you have any in stock?" A slight pause. "Not Chappy, though. ANYTHING but Chappy,"

The memory of a certain 'incident' involving a deceptively harmless rabbit-themed pez dispenser still elicited the shudders. Meili had laughed herself hoarse, and it'd taken a Soul Queen's ransom in contraband to convince her not to spread the affair to the remainder of Soul Socieety. If he didn't see that cursed artefact ever again it would be too soon.

One other thing HAD caught his eye, though. Curiously enough, it was the very item he'd targeted before Ma'kine apparently bypassed his deception. "How much for that carving in the window--The one with the haori on?"

It'd be worth a fortune no doubt. But he was a captain now, dammit. He reckoned he could afford pricey stuff. The office had been looking a trifle barren lately. Maybe some SekkiSekki action figures would spruce it up. Might help pass the time too on boring days cooped up in the office.
Shiroki
Shiroki
Admin

Species : Werewolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanying Baozhai on Sat May 18, 2019 3:27 pm

Lanying gave a smile as she watched Ma'kine spoil the young werewolf. She was reminded of when Ma'kine had a daughter of her own. Or when Meili had been born. No matter how many times she saw it, the scene of Ma'kine with kids would always bring a smile to Lany's otherwise cold and tired face.

"Do I really need a reason to come bug an old friend? Or have we gotten to the point I need to start to making appointments with you?"

She turned her attention back to her young lieutenant, who she could tell was slightly uncomfortable.

"Come here Molly."

Lany pulled up a chair, one specifically designed for the..taller races, and sat down before gently pulling the young girl into her lap.

"There, isn't that better?"

She gently ran her fingers through Molly's truly unruly hair, much as she would her own daughter.

Lanying Baozhai
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down