Account switch
Switch Accounts

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this week

Top posting users this month
Lanying Baozhai
Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying) Left11Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying) Mid10Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying) Right11 
Molly
Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying) Left11Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying) Mid10Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying) Right11 
Ma'kine
Shiroki

Latest topics
» Dust to Dust (Open)
Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying) EmptySat May 18, 2019 3:27 pm by Lanying Baozhai

» Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying)
Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying) EmptyThu May 09, 2019 6:00 pm by Ma'kine

» Faceclaim Roster
Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying) EmptyTue May 07, 2019 3:50 pm by Molly

» (Open) Who's that!?
Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying) EmptyTue Apr 30, 2019 12:31 am by Weiß Schwarz

» Shiroki Sakanade; Squad 3 Captain (Regrade)(Finished)
Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying) EmptyFri Apr 26, 2019 11:43 am by Shiroki

» Dragon Template
Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying) EmptyWed Apr 24, 2019 10:40 pm by Ma'kine

» Lanying Boazhai, Captain Commander of the Gotei 13
Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying) EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 7:27 pm by Lanying Baozhai

» The Wandering Scholar [Fullbringer]
Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying) EmptyThu Apr 18, 2019 6:21 pm by The Wandering Scholar

» Ma'kine (Shinigami, pictures pending)
Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying) EmptyWed Apr 17, 2019 12:40 am by Ma'kine

Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying)

Go down

Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying) Empty Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying)

Post by Ma'kine on Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:50 am

The Vastine Amorte sighed, looking up at the sky. Lady Lanying was late. They were supposed to go take their trip twenty minutes ago. "She'd better not be drinking..." Ma'kine murmured to herself, her wings stretching to the sides as she ran a hand through her messy hair. 

Ma'kine was waiting in the gardens, beside a large fountain. She gazed down at her reflection on the water. Her messy hair covered her forehead and ears, hanging to her shoulders and a little longer in the back. Her hands ran over her stomach as she turned to the side. Still not used to this, she thought, feeling the smooth flesh. She'd once been a solid mass of muscle, but after her pregnancy, that had all dissolved away. And these grew, she thought in annoyance as she cupped her chest. As she held their hefty weight in her hands, lifting them and moving them around, she was lost in thought, remembering Va'tet... remembering the way she'd been told of her daughter's death.

As her irritation rose, a nearby bush erupted in flames, and Ma'kine broke from her reverie to put it out. Without a bucket on hand, she instead decided to splash the bush with water from the fountain. Initially she thought to lean in and simply use her forearm to make a large wave, but her wings became caught on another bush. Panicking at the sudden predicament, she overbalanced and fell face first into the fountain. While the large splash did put out the bush, she was submerged about halfway up her torso, having turned over onto her ass to rub the water from her eyes and spit it out of her mouth. 

She looked up just in time to realize she wasn't alone.
Ma'kine
Ma'kine
Admin

Species : Vastine Amorte
Race : Shinigami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying) Empty Re: Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying)

Post by Lanying Baozhai on Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:32 am

The Oni had been rushing all day. As lieutenant of the 11th division, Lanying Baozhai had to fight her way out of the barracks due to people constantly challenging her. Normally, she would relish in the challenge and willingly fight them, however, today had been one of the only days she had been able to take off, and today was special as she'd be able to spend time her friend Ma'kine, and have said friend help her train in her Shunko.

She rushed over to the meeting place, using secret routes she'd memorized so that she didn't have to put up with patrols or any other bullshit Commander Hitoshi had decided to impose. She hated that man, but could do nothing about him as he was her commanding officer, and no matter how much he did, Lany had promised Junichiro that she would break the chain of command. Finally, she made it to the fountain to see Ma'kine...on her ass, and drenched.

"What the hell happened here? Tell me you didn't fall into the fountain?"

She was trying to stifle a laugh as she spoke, but failed miserably at the end of it, bursting out into a fit of laughter. She walked over to her friend and pulled out a small rag from behind her lieutenant's badge, something she'd learned to carry with her to help wipe the sweat and blood from her face during combat.

Lanying Baozhai
Admin

Species : Oni

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying) Empty Re: Flame and Shadow (1514, Ma'kine x Lanying)

Post by Ma'kine on Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:22 am

Ma'kine looked up, red-faced and replied irritably "No, I just really felt like taking a bath," her rainbow colored eyes glaring at the Oni as she managed to get to her feet. Once safely outside the fountain, she shook her head and shoulders, dislodging the clinging water on her hair and feathers. Her pants were soaked, and she looked down at herself in palpable irritation as she struggled to control her emotions. No point repeating that incident.

"I need to say, I was a bit surprised when you invited me out with you. What is the occasion?" Ma'kine wasn't fully aware of the particulars, but if Junichiro's wife asked her to do anything, of course she would say yes. She had to say, she liked the young head of the Baozhai and his lower-class wife. Junichiro never let his small stature hold him back growing up, and he followed his heart rather than simply orders. "He's a good child," Ma'kine thought aloud, not realizing it. It was a bad habit of hers, talking without realizing it. Usually, she was at least talking to someone nobody else could see.

Ma'kine patted her face and upper torso dry with a rag, blinking her large eyes repeatedly. "Perhaps I should join up with the Eleventh for a time, work some of this unsightly softness off and go back to how I... used to look," she finished sadly, remembering what prompted her change from pure muscle to this current figure.
Ma'kine
Ma'kine
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanying Baozhai on Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:18 pm

Lanying continued to smirk as she watched Ma'kine dry herself off. It was always fun picking on the woman. Especially because she knew her teasing worked. However, her smirk was wiped away when she saw Ma'kine's expression darken. She knew that look.

"Hey, hey. Don't say that. Trust me, you wouldn't enjoy the 11th. A bunch of sweaty men always thinking with their muscles rather than with their brains. I tell you, if it wasn't for Juni, I'd probably have left the 11th for the 2nd or some other division."

It was true, while Lany loved combat, she more loved the strategy portion of it, rather than the combat itself. That tendency had always clashed with the 11th's philosophy of "hit things first, ask questions never", but Junichiro has always been the reason she stayed with the 11th. Plus, she knew she was stronger than most of the other lugs that called the 11th home, and always had to prove it in some way or another.

"Plus, I kinda like how you look now. There's absolutely nothing wrong with you."

She casually scratched at her shoulder. Flattery had never been her strongest suit, but she meant every word of it.

"Anyways, the reason I called you out here, is because I need help. But, it'd be better to show you rather than tell you. Can we...go somewhere a little more private? I'd really not like for any of the 11th to see this."

Lanying Baozhai
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'kine on Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:41 pm

Ma'kine shook her head to clear her thoughts. "We can go to my shop if you'd like. I closed today, so it should be empty." She shrugged her shoulders, pulling a twig from her feathers. "To be truthful, I miss the days I was in the Eleventh. Back when Junichiro's how-many-greats-I-can't-remember grandfather was the head of the Baozhai, I had worked my way to Second seat. Before he had a son, at least, since I knew I couldn't hold that position I stepped down. Not long after, I transferred to make better use of my Kido."

She shrugged casually. Her swordsmanship had fallen abysmally behind in the millennia since then. She doubted she could take on the youngsters of the Baozhai, let alone Lanying in a fair duel.

She reached up, moving her messy wet hair behind her ears. The cone-shaped things were long, and ended with red feathers on their crests. A faint breeze chilled her bare skin as she turned her face into it. "Shame you Baozhai cannot fly. I couldn't imagine life being stuck on the ground, unable to see the Seireitei spreading out below me."
Ma'kine
Ma'kine
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanying Baozhai on Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:31 am

"Yeah, your shop works just fine."

Lanying smiled at the old bird's story. She'd heard the tales of how Ma'kine had come to the Seireitei. It was a common story that the elder Baozhai would tell, not for any significant reason, just so that they'd have something to say. Lany, when she was younger and only just married to Junichiro, used to sit and listen to her new uncles tell these stories. Ma'kine had always impressed her from the stories alone, and actually seeing her in action made all the stories so much better.

She then heard Ma'kine make a remark about how the Baozhai can't fly, and she gave a light laugh at that.

"I don't think I'd enjoy that very much. I'm just fine here on the ground."

She followed along with Ma'kine, thoughts running through her mind. The young lieutenant had always been great with the blade, and it showed as she had managed to attain her position through sheer strength. Granted, her predecessor had been fairly weak compared to the oni, and Lany hadn't even used her recently attained Bankai at the time, sticking only to her Shikai and her body. However, she knew that her true strength lie within schools that the 11th frowned upon, specifically Kido.

Even during her years at the Academy, Lany had felt she excelled at her Kido classes above everything else. It felt as if she had a natural affinity to it over her other skills. However, as Kido was seen as 'cowardly' to the 11th, she had generally refrained from using it in mass battles. When she was by herself, however, she trained her Kido up bit by bit, and now she was able to use Hado spells up in the 70s without their incantations. Bakudo was much tougher for her to master, as Bakudo was harder to truly master using a dummy, and she rarely wanted to pull Junichiro away from his duties. But, what she had truly been working on was a rather...odd ability.

People called it Shunko. It was an ability that tied Kido and Unarmed combat together into one. She hoped that using this, she could pull the wool over the 11th's eyes, and get them to get rid of that outdated philosophy of Kido being 'cowardly'. As she was lost in her own thoughts, she hadn't realized that they should have been getting pretty close to Ma'kine's shop.

Lanying Baozhai
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'kine on Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:19 am

As Ma'kine and Lanying talked, Ma'kine led the way to her shop. It was a fairly popular place in Seireitei, catering to both Shinigami and non-Shinigami, selling mostly scrolls and gemstones, though she often sold her skills as a scribe to people in the Rukongai. 

Ma'kine's shop was located at the middle-point between 5th Division and 11th Division, and built into one of the great walls that lined the streets and made the Seireitei a maze. Outside the double doors were two twenty foot high statues of bird-headed people with great wings in place of arms. She reached out and flexed a small amount of Reiatsu, muttering 'release,' as she grabbed the thick chain that wound its way around the handles. A red light glowed over the chains, and then the sound of grating metal as the chain began to retract, splitting into two chains that retracted into the bases of the statues. The Bakudo-infused chains were not a particularly potent spell, but one she had heavily modified to react only to her. It was essentially something entirely new.

She opened the door, letting Lanying follow her inside as Ma'kine moved across the room and hopped up on the counter directly opposite the doors, briskly striding the forty feet. This room was filled with low tables covered in writing implements, cheap stones, as well as several types of wood, leather or even stone that could be used as binding for books or made into clothing. Sitting her rear on the counter where the purchases were brought up, Ma'kine looked at Lanying at eye-to-eye level. 

"Tell me, what is on your mind, Lady Baozhai?"
Ma'kine
Ma'kine
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanying Baozhai on Thu May 09, 2019 5:09 pm

Lanying took a casual look around Ma'kine's shop. She'd been here many times before, she'd usually follow Junichiro on his trips here, or come here on official business when her squad needed equipment for their trips to the World of the Living.

"I've told you countless times Ma'kine. You don't need to be formal with me."

She casually picked up a rather curious statue. The statue seemed to feature an Oni, but they were cowering in fear as a human swordsman swung their sword at them. She could see no markings that could tell anything of its maker, but as she was a member of one of the noble families, she could tell that it was very finely crafted, being made of ivory with inlaid gemstones at certain places. No matter, she set the statue down and turned to face Ma'kine.

"I wanted your help with something. Since you're much more well versed in Kido than I am. After all, technically, I'm not supposed to even be using Kido, what with the 11th's philistine notions towards Kido."

She spoke with slight disdain towards the 11th, but anyone who knew Lany, knew that it was a disdain out of love. She truly did care for the 11th and the members that called it home, but she also hated the thought process that those who fought at range were weak or cowards. It truly conflicted with her and her Zanpakuto, considering Inei Ojou was a ranged Kido-type Zanpakuto, but she was an expert at making it pass for melee. Only a select few members of the 11th knew its true nature.

Lanying Baozhai
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'kine on Thu May 09, 2019 6:00 pm

Ma'kine shrugged her shoulders. She was somewhat versed in the way of Kido, but she didn't think her skill was that profound. She was simply using what her species' natural inclinations favored. She wasn't suited for melee fighting, and so she practiced Kido. But she had yet to completely unravel its mysteries.

""What could you need my assistance involving Kido for? Surely you could have asked the Lieutenant of 5th Division to assist you. After all, their seat is higher than my own," Ma'kine smiled wryly. It was a well known fact that Ma'kine's skills exceeded that of her position. It was her personality alone that prevented her advance through the ranks. Ma'kine was temperamental when it came to her studies, and was prone to using excessive force. It was a miracle she hadn't been locked up.
Ma'kine
Ma'kine
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down