I forgot my password

Account switch
Switch Accounts

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this week

Latest topics
» The Arrival of an American Shinigami. (Open)
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:16 pm by Grym Balthorn

» She is not One of Us (Open)
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:33 am by Moebius

» Desolation (Hollow Thread)
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:07 pm by Human Hollow

» The New Lieutenant (Open)
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:40 pm by Hanzō Judai

» The Empress and the End (Open)
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:33 pm by Grym Balthorn

» Intense Training
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:01 pm by Hanzō Judai

» Aoiueuitine: Sternritter P- The Prototype (WIP)
Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:59 am by Sternritter P- Prototype

» Sithis Monomyth Captain of Sixth Division(Finished)
Sun May 27, 2018 10:46 pm by Sithis Monomyth

» The Ties That Bind
Fri May 25, 2018 6:51 am by Cat

The Empress and the End (Open)

Go down

The Empress and the End (Open)

Post by Azalea on Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:56 am

The Kenpachi wiped her brow on a sleeve. She was sparring with the first rotation, a group of roughly seventy five Shinigami. Seventy six, she thought, trying to recall which rotations were heavy. She had just called time on the match, her black clothing drenched in sweat. 

Seventy-six against one woman was a rough match, even for her. She was relying on her speed to keep her out of harm's way, but her stamina wasn't what it used to be. In fact, she doubted she was as fast as she'd been a week ago either. She didn't feel good at all. She was starving, suffocating. She hadn't returned to Hell in a while, and the effects were weighing on her. One of her Shinigami asked if she was alright and the Kenpachi nodded.

"I'm just getting old, is all. But, I'm still young enough to handle you lot," Azalea smiled, straightening and drawing her Zanpakuto, which she had left on her back. "This time, I'll be using my Shikai, everyone. Your task is to land a killing blow anywhere on me. I'll be playing defensive. Whoever lands the killing blow, gets the rest of the weekend off from duty. Paid leave. On my ready."

Azalea had her Shinigami back up until they were twenty paces minimum away before she held her Zanpakuto out, letting her Shinigami power well. The black bastard sword was nearly as long as she was tall, but the blade had serration going along the entire edge on both sides. "Stand defiant, Saishū-tekina puraido!" Azalea said, black energy radiating from the blade as she brought her memories of the Zanpakuto Spirit that had brutalized and humiliated her to the fore of her mind. The energy climbed skyward before dispersing, leaving her very similar to before, however her sleeves were destroyed to the shoulder, leaving black metal gauntlets on her forearms that protected her hands and up to the elbow. Each finger ended in a several inch long claw. Azalea lowered her body, stepping her right foot back to lower her center of gravity. She felt power beyond her body's natural limitations welling through her. Her Shikai made her powerful, but she lacked the actual knowledge to use said power. Which is why she had started to practice Shikai, to gain an understanding of these Shinigami abilities.

Azalea closed her eye and focused on the pain she'd endured due to her Zanpakuto. She pictured that hurt, those broken bones. And her power raised again, energy skittering off her black and golden body. Then, when she opened her eyes, it coalesced into a black flame around her arms and shoulders. Shunko. But, a keen sensed observer would notice the dark undertones of her spiritual energy, alluding to her true nature. Starved as she was, weakened by her time away from Hell, she couldn't help it.

"Begin!" And as one, the first rotation lunged at their leader.

Combat:

Without enhancement:
Armed Combat: Master
Unarmed Combat: Master
Spiritual Combat: Master
Hoho: Grandmaster
Reiatsu Perception: Advanced
Chain Mastery: Intermediate
Hell Disguise: Master
With Shikai:
Armed Combat: Master
Unarmed Combat: Master
Spiritual Combat: Master
Hoho: Grandmaster
Reiatsu Perception: Advanced
Hado: Beginner
Bakudo: Beginner
Kaido: Beginner
Shunko: Intermediate
Chain Mastery: Intermediate
Hellflame Manipulation: Intermediate
Hell Disguise: Master

Azalea
Admin_Empress
Admin_Empress

Race : Togabito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Empress and the End (Open)

Post by Grym Balthorn on Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:47 am

Grym would watch the group that went first as he looks at his own zanpakuto, wondering if he should try fighting her at full strength or not, give her a real challenge when it's his turn to fight, but he wonders one thing, and one thing alone........

does the captain have a vice-captain?

He would remain quiet as he looks for any weaknesses in the captains fighting style with her zanpakuto, knowing full well that he needs to not hold back when fighting, also knowing...... That this will be his first time using his shikai in front of others.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

Species : Human
Race : Shinigami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Yes. Leap for the kill. Safety in numbers. Anonymous in a pack. No better opportunity

Inukaze's glee flares like a blowtorch; with the intensity of a hundred suns. Her words are sweet poison in ears. They ring with the finality of common sense, ready with irontight responses to any kind of rebuttal one can envision.

It will be easy. We are Captain. She is outnumbered and alone. And if reprisal's a concern, it need not be. One carefully cast Bakudo to paralyze, slow the reflexes until even one of those 11th goons can score a kill. And if they STILL won't do it, we could always nudge a sword in the right direction. A tragic accident. No blood on our hands. Nobody to blame. We've done it before.

The cloaked individual standing still as a statue gives no outward sign of inner indecision, merely another shadow in countless other shadows within the alley. A suspiciously convenient location well shielded from flanking maneuvres; one also reasonably close to the sparring yet also far enough that arrival at the scene won't raise any eyebrows. Its advantages are augmented by a casting of Bakudo #26; resulting in a light-bending aura further hiding most actions within its perimeter from view. Here; in this prepared space, anything short of an outright Bankai can be attempted without the risk of blowing his cover. Of this he is reasonably certain.

Why then, this hesitation?

For the umpteeth time, he consults a mental checklist. Recasts Bakudo ward failsafes and strengthens the Shunko energies buffering his person in an invisible shield. Reseats himself in the protective shell of his gigai battle-suit; a construct built to weather the many indignities of pitched combat. It will not do to be reckless with this one. Will not do at all.

Enough dithering already! END HER!

His actions are calm and measured as they move down this preliminary checklist. And they should be; given how he has enacted this ritual several times before. Every time; in fact, the Kenpachi chose to stage a grand melee within public surroundings. A ritual which; on average, tended to happen around once a week.

Watching. Waiting. Ready. Weighing the odds; the risks and consequences of conducting a daylight assassination against the possible reward. By now Inukaze's impatience has reached fever-pitch, fueled by frustration over delays and procrastinations into a blaze not even her owner can completely ignore. The hilts--yes; HILTS--(for he is somehow in shikai release) quiver in his paws, eager to maim and eviscerate at the slightest provocation. He cannot recall uttering her release command, OR consciously directing reiatsu to manifest said release.

This; he assumes, is probably a BAD SIGN.

For once he is glad that Hanzo is not here with him, because even the most loyal of lieutenants would have been...disturbed...by the murderous intent he exuded this day. And as fun as their many interactions had since been, not even his Second had ever seen his true face or been exposed to the kind of person Shiroki Sakanade really was. Not when the mask began to slip.

Would it come off completely though? That was the million yen question. Would this be the day to say 'screw it' and set events into motion to remove a potential traitor from their midst once and for all?

We'll see.

After all, he has bided his time for months. He can afford to wait a little longer.

Combat Buffs:

Bakudo #26: Kyakko (conceals wielder's presence and energy by bending light)
Gigai suit: holds wearer in a non-obvious location, leaving the usual targets e.g neck, heart mere decoy distractions
Currently in shikai release
Shiroki

Species : Werewolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azalea on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:45 pm

The Kenpachi's superior speed easily let her maneuver between the multitude of low-seating Shinigami. There were exactly one seated Shinigami in each Rotation, with First Rotation housing the Third Seat, Second the Fourth Seat, Third the Fifth. She had no active Second.

But, Azalea was short of breath quickly, pausing by use of her Macabre Massacre, which normally used Hellstepping but now used interspersed Shunpo. The brief pauses in her steps left after-images of her in varying states of dodging or parrying. 

Each time she paused, however, more black energy radiated from her claws and feet as she instinctively used Hellstep rather than Shunpo. Her hellish Shunko energy and Shikai gauntlets let her touch even the Shinigami's Shikais and Zanpakuto.

With a grunt of effort, she let the energy burst from her body in an uncontrolled radius of fifteen feet, forcing the others back. But weakened by her starvation, the effected only gave her breathing room, and she held a hand up, telling the Rotation to pause. "One moment... Now... Begin again." She panted, feeling a blade catch her back, an overeager Shinigami starting before she called it. She started to struggle against the mass again as the seventy six rushed her.

Azalea
Admin_Empress
Admin_Empress

Race : Togabito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:33 pm

Grym looked rather annoyed that one of the shinigami decided to jump the gun and struck her back, something deep within him screamed that this doesn't feel right, and he knew where it was coming from, he only looked down at the handle of his zanpakuto before looking back at the captain.

"hmm..... I know...... I don't like this either, it almost feels like she's........ No, I'll keep that to myself since it's not my place."

Soon he would start making his way towards the fray, soon taking his hand and resting it on the handle of his zanpakuto.

"but I will say that it seems the captain is doing this to just get a workout, so in order to do so, she fights her whole division, well I hope I make a good opponent."

As he slowly draws his zanpakuto, his spiritual energy would suddenly spike as if preparing to either use a kidou........ Or perhaps use something else.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

Species : Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down