» Afterlyfe (Opem)
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:44 pm by Echidna

» Safe Passage (Open)
Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:21 pm by Non-Player Character

» Destiny, fate, or chance? (Open)
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:37 am by Adyna

» The New Lieutenant (Open)
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:39 am by Hanzō Judai

» Testament of the Great Teacher (Open Thread)
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:07 am by Va'tet

» Rot Dragon (Finished)
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:37 pm by Shiroki

» Stat Upgrades(Training) Need grading~
Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:12 pm by Azalea

» Self Training(Training thread)
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:40 pm by Sithis Monomyth

The Arrival of an American Shinigami. (Open)

Go down

The Arrival of an American Shinigami. (Open)

Post by Grym Balthorn on Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:05 am

Grym Balthorn, receiving a mission some higher up, was sent to cull the number of hollows that have arrived in a place in North America, a place where it seems abandoned except for spirits, a literal ghost town in the world of the living, well lately not just those spirits have been vanishing, but some low ranking Shinigami have vanished as well so it's suspected that it's hollow activity, so a member of 11th squad was sent to dispatch them, the thing is that Grym wasn't sure if it was just him or would others be joining him, but it was an experience to not only go through the dangai with a hell butterfly, but also emerge in the world of the living, after what feels like decades.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

Species : Human
Race : Shinigami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Arrival of an American Shinigami. (Open)

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:19 pm

The thing about being home was... Scholar hated it. But, orders were orders, and occassionally she had to actually follow them, especially now that so much of her department's funding was being channeled towards Lindwyrm City. It was a big project, she had rationalized, and big projects meant others got cut backs.

Like the countless out-of-country trips she made in search of research materials. Instead, she had to resort to finding them domestically. 

But, it did work out in the department's favor. One of Scholar's Harpies had a project going with Subject No. 00283 that required captured Hollows and Human spirits. Obviously, they couldn't just kill a bunch of American citizens to use their souls, but the American mid-west was filled with ghost towns to this day, some quite literally, and some of these ghost towns were prime locations for the birth of Hollows as well.

Which is how the white haired, androgynous Dragon found herself standing outside of an old abandoned town, wearing a black suit despite the blazing sun, with a bag on her shoulder, a suitcase in her left hand, and a long cylindrical object wrapped in cloth dragging behind themself.

Race : Fullbringer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:17 pm

Grym would be exploring the town now, curious on why there seems to be no one around, keeping a hand on his Zanpakutō as he knew that just because there's no spirits, doesn't mean there's no hollows.

He would check every building the town had to offer, checking even the places that would be locked, being a spirit he can slip right through and check them, hoping to find some stragglers that knew what happened, still expecting to be attacked so he never dropped his guard, not even for a second.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:38 pm

Setting her belongings down, the Fullbringer placed her hat atop the long cylinder. From her bag, she pulled an old, leather-bound notebook with silver clasp, holding it with one hand as if reading a passage from the blank pages. Her free hand she rested upon the ground, fingers touching old road and feeling the heat already wafting from its surface.

With a pulse of her will, and more than a touch of Soul Manipulation on the ground itself, the earth rippled, growing in force as it extended into town. As the ripple sent itself into the town, it struck with the power of a small earthquake, rattling the houses, knocking over anything not bolted down.

It wasn't meant as an attack, of course. Rather, it was meant to scare any ghosts residing in the town, to get them to become active without Scholar needing to hunt them down from their hiding places.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:07 pm

Grym would quickly look around as he feels the earthquake, unsure what's going on he would use his Reiatsu perception to sense if there were any spirits around and maybe if there's anything strange around him.

He would keep a firm grip on his Zanpakutō, knowing that that hollows maybe around somewhere and rather not be caught off guard.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:37 pm

The Fullbringer made no effort to conceal her presence, but was not actively making herself seem like a threat. With the minor quake done, the spirits would be jostled and more likely to move into the open. Not sure where to begin, the Ouroboros walked down the main road, the book still open in their gloved hand. Their long white hair partially obscured their face, making their expression hard to read if anyone looked at them.

Their free hand reached into a pocket of their jacket, pulling a small, compact, white square. They broke the square between their fingers, the Hollow Bait dissolving into dust on the breeze. "Come on... take the bait... Just a defenseless young lady with a book, come and get me," the Dragon said to herself, her eyes scanning all around for any Hollows.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:45 pm

Grym was being wary as he remains where he is, keeping the person of interest as the center of his Reiatsu perception as he also tries to also keeps an eye out for anything else with his perception.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Fri May 11, 2018 1:59 am

The Ouroboros was not frequently described as a 'patient' person. In fact, it was often said she was the most restless of the Dragons, leading to her free-roaming lifestyle. 

"Any Hollows in the area, come get me now," she said at a normal volume, peeking into the forgotten and decayed buildings. Her voice echoed in the stillness, and with an irritated noise she began to exert her will over the matter around her.

One by one, she began to touch the faces of the different buildings, stopping before them for a moment as she poured her attention into their structural integrity. Using her Fullbringer abilities to manipulate the souls of objects, she began to weaken the buildings, until one by one they began to collapse, wood, stone and metals turning frail and brittle with just a touch, and some time. The fact the town was deserted and old made it that much easier for her to 'convince' the buildings to die.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Fri May 11, 2018 2:07 am

Grym senses the being moving towards him, he would sigh as he was tired of hiding, before person got the the building he's in, he would step out, a grim look on his face as he rests his right hand on the handle of his Zanpakutō.

"what business do you have here, and how are you doing that to the buildings. Would you be the one as to why the spirits here are gone?"

His eyes never left hers as he was surpressing his own spiritual energy to hide it from her, almost as if to see if she can sense his energy.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Fri May 11, 2018 2:28 am

Ouroboros sighed, standing with her hand on her hip and the leather-bound book still held in her other. "Shinigami... They're worst than rats. And just as prevalent," she said aloud to herself.

"I'm the Ouroboros. What exactly are you doing here, Shinigami? This region is a bit beyond your peoples jurisdiction from what I recall; not much spiritual life here in the desert."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Fri May 11, 2018 2:34 am

Gryms eyes narrow as this woman just insulted him, but knows of the jurasdictions that restrain the soul society from coming to the Americas, but there's one thing that might get her attention as he keeps his grip on the handle of his weapon.

"as it so happens, I was born in the U.S. but died in Japan, so I don't think that jurasdiction keeps me from visiting my country of birth now does it."

Grym was hoping to keep her busy as he senses for any hollows in the area, hoping that this place really isn't a home for hollows now.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Mon May 28, 2018 9:52 pm

Scholar brushed her hair over her shoulder, glancing aside at the fallen buildings. "The Ouroboros is not patient, Shinigami. I ask that you stand aside and let me continue my work. The Hollows shall be here shortly, and I cannot afford to miss any because someone was distracting me from my job."

As she stared at the Shinigami, she had her leather book in her free hand, thumbing its spine idly.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:10 pm

Gryms eyes narrow at the mention of hollows as he gets ready to draw his zanpaktou, trying to push his reiatsu perception to it's limits to sense any hollows that my come within range of it.

"why are you purposfully trying to draw hollows here, and what is this Ouroboros, and what exactly are you since your apparently able to make buildings crumble to dust."

He soon starts to step back slowly, trying to keep out of her reach as well as subtly readying himself to react if she tries anything.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:09 am

Jordan smiled to herself, before she looked across at the Shinigami, her hair obscuring her eyes. Without releasing her Fullbring, her ability to manipulate Souls was limited. She could only access the three most basic abilities of her Soul Manipulation, but that was fine by her. No need to activate her abilities on such a simple task.

"I am the Ourobos. The Ouroboros is all that I am, until I am the Ouroboros no longer." As she gave the statement, she held her notebook in one hand, the other resting on her hip. The Fullbringer tilted their head to the side, letting some of their long white hair part enough to reveal a small portion of their face. "The actions of Ouroboros are not under the authority or jurisdiction of the Gotei. Move, or be moved."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:16 pm

Grym would look irritated as it feel like this person did not fully answer his questions, but looks around as he wondered where the spirits have gone, if there were any to begin with.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down