» Stat Upgrades(Training) Need grading~
Today at 12:12 pm by Azalea

» The New Lieutenant (Open)
Today at 11:55 am by Hanzō Judai

» Safe Passage (Open)
Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:12 pm by Sithis Monomyth

» Self Training(Training thread)
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:40 pm by Sithis Monomyth

» Testament of the Great Teacher (Open Thread)
Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:30 pm by Va'tet

» Sithis Monomyth Captain of Sixth Division(Finished)
Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:42 pm by Sithis Monomyth

» Osamu, Forsaken Shinigami WIP
Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:54 pm by Osamu

Welcoming the old Family (Nobles, and Shiroki, Only.)

Go down

Welcoming the old Family (Nobles, and Shiroki, Only.)

Post by Va'tet on Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:27 am

Va'tet yawned, tilting her head sideways as she stood outside the Tsuyosa Family Mansion. It was a large building, larger than any she had built during her six-hundred years long mission in Hueco Mundo. Had it truly been so long? And, whether she liked it or not, it would be her new home. The house than her mother's descendants had built. Her... Nieces and nephews. She did not like that thought. These thirty nine people were strangers to her. She knew none of them, though she knew all their names and how they related to each other and herself. She knew that Aeobdiel Tsuyosa was her thirteenth-great niece's daughter from her first marriage. She knew that the former Head of the family was Sabiruchi Tsuyosa, adopted daughter of her fourteenth-great nephew.

She had faint memories of the last male Head of the Tsuyosa family. She had met him a few times as a child, when... Ma'kine was raising her. Va'tet hung her head, feeling a twinge of sorrow at the death of her father-figure. He never even got to find out she was still alive. But, that feeling was a twinge and no more, the sadness gone almost immediately after being acknowledged.

Va'tet turned, her armor making a soft clink as she pounded her four large wings, taking off into the night sky. A voice, deep and smooth as fine sands spoke in her mind, "You can't avoid them forever, Va'tet."

She spoke aloud, her voice barely audible over the wind, "I'm not avoiding them... I just don't want to see those people."

She wasn't sure where she was going until she set down outside another large mansion. This one was structurally much larger than the Tsuyosa's, and she recognized immediately where she was. The Baozhai Manor. It's where Ma'kine went when he was troubled. Naturally her subconscious brought her here, she thought. She had just been thinking about her late mentor. The Baozhai had been his closest friends. Other than the grave she had visited, the Baozhai were some of the last ties Ma'kine had to Seireitei. His home and store were gone in this age, and Ma'kine had not been close to the Tsuyosa family despite raising Va'tet.

Va'tet doubted any of the Giant nobles would be awake at this late hour, but she did not need to sleep. And in every Species, there were a few 'night owls,' those who felt most themselves in the darkest hours. So, the seventeen year old Vastine girl rapped her knuckles firmly against the main doors of the Manor, her four wings out at her sides.
Va'tet
Unseated Officer

Species : Vastine Amorte
Race : Shinigami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Welcoming the old Family (Nobles, and Shiroki, Only.)

Post by Shiroki on Wed Mar 21, 2018 1:01 am

While it had been centuries since he had to resort to anything of the sort, urban exploration was the type of thing Shiro liked doing once in awhile. Because having an inexhaustible list of secret exits and hidey-holes was definitely useful. Not to mention pretty darn fun.

What had started out as a little game to see how far one could get before being stopped by security or caught gradually became hobby and habit, leading to many an expedition in the night. From public areas like barracks and offices he'd slowly progressed to dormitories and other such places, taking nothing but enjoying the momentary thrill of being somewhere he shouldn't. Perhaps this would be the night where he found his way into the central underground prison, or discovered where the Kenpachi went on her own secret excursions?

Those two objectives had escaped him as of yet--likely due to the fact that the venerable 2nd Squad Captain had occupied himself with the more pressing task of engaging in a face-pulling contest with the younger Baozhai through her window. Strange as it sounded, it was one of the things that simply happened to people--with a one-off visit turning into a regular session when opportunity allowed. Not every such meeting was successful, of course. Sometimes he would peep in to find his rival asleep and therefore leave chalking that up as a victory. Despite that, Meili was still winning.

How many faces could she pull? Something like that was bordering on impossible. Truly, it boggled the mind.

The unexpected knocking coming from below broke this chain of thought, nearly causing an undignified fall from window ledge to ground below. Strange, the hour was late enough that no one should be calling (that last game with Meili had run overlong and both had lost track of time). And wasn't that the Vastine lady, the one who had everyone in a stir after being brought back? The one with the weird zanpakuto and even weirder reiatsu?

Perhaps tonight's jaunt would not be a complete waste of time after all. It would provide an opportunity to speak with the lady and get her measure, more importantly to see if she factored more as potential ally or threat. There was not much he could deduce from observing so far, but what little there was seemed promising: a person who took walks at night when everyone was asleep was either up to something, or else had lots weighing on their mind. Or was a kid--that too.

Whichever of the three it ended up being, it would suit his purpose. If she was up to something, he could hold that as leverage against her to gain cooperation. If she had lots weighing on her mind, she would not hesitate to share them: and any information learnt was an advantage gained. And if she was a kid at heart...well, he could always try bribing her with candy like Captain 12 to see if that worked as well. No reason why it shouldn't. Humans were strange.

"You'll hafta knock a lot louder than that if you want 'em to hear you in there,"
Shiroki
Admin

Species : Werewolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Va'tet on Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:05 am

Va'tet tilted her head upwards, blinking her raptor-like eyes slowly. Like all Vastine Amorte, she could see just as well in darkness as she could in daylight, so she had no trouble making out the small Werewolf perched on a ledge above her. Her four wings were still extended at her sides and the upper two, half the size of her lower wings, ruffled and shifted as she stared up at the boy.

She recognized him from days before, having seen him among those leaving the training session between Second Division and Eleventh. She did not know his name, having only seen him briefly as she left. Va'tet slowly blinked again before calling up to the Werewolf, fixing him with her expressionless stare, "Why is a Werewolf staring into the home of Giants?"

Va'tet had a basic understanding of the different Species and Nobility, but from what she recalled, the Baozhai frowned upon inter-species relationships. At least until the previous Head had married his Oni bride. Even then, the Giants still seemed to believe themselves better based on their raw strength, looking down upon the 'weaker' Species.

Va'tet never cared for Giants. Especially the Lady of Hueco Mundo. Muerte, of course, had revered her. Brutes never interested the young Vastine Amorte, however.

"Shouldn't you be at the Shimazu Manor, Lord...?" Va'tet's voice, already whispering soft, trailed off as she left the title open for the Werewolf to introduce himself.
Va'tet
Unseated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:07 am

Had she actually been watching him, or was she just guessing? Not that it mattered much either way, with the current awkward pause being enough to give it away. Caught in the act. Damn. Must be getting sloppy in old age. On hindsight it had probably been a good idea to go on 'patrol' without the others after all. If word of this ever got out, none of the other Onmitsukido would ever let him live it down.

Not that it wouldn't almost be worth it, to see the look on the Shimazu ninjas' faces when they heard what she had mistook him for. And proper formal terms of address--really? Guess it shouldn't have been that much of a surprise. Sticklers for formality. Get to know one Tsuyosa and you knew them all.

The only question here being: what then should he do in turn? Probably best to take a leaf out of her book and cover up the awkwardness by being formal as well. Would buy some time anyway.

"No lord addresses you--" having not a lot of knowledge about archaic customs and vastine languages, Shiroki here made a clumsy attempt to pronounce a word he really, REALLY hoped translated to something along the lines of 'lady/scion-of-Tsuyosa' in the old speech. Had he gotten it right? He thought so, at least. Maybe he should've paid more attention to Ma'kine's efforts to tutor them in formal speech.

"Merely a member of the Stealth Force out on patrol, stopping to inquire if Tsuyosa-dono is in need of any assistance. Because if it's shelter you are after," he motioned in the direction of the 2nd squad buildings. "Our officers are always open. And I do mean always,"

Roll for Initiative:
rolls to beat GM score on subject: Vastine Lore and Noble speech patterns XD
Shiroki
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Va'tet on Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:07 pm

Va'tet looked at the Werewolf, expressionless as he stumbled over his own words. In her mind, she heard a deep voice chuckling and Muerte explained that she'd been mistaken. "Times have changed, Va'tet. Nobility and the rest aren't as divided as they once were."

In her mind, she answered him with a soft murmur, her avian eyes still focused on the Werewolf as she remained verbally silent. Then, after several moments of her conversing in her mind with Muerte, she blinked, brought back to the reality of her actual conversation. 

"Are the Second in the habit of looking through the windows of others? I cannot imagine any reason to patrol the Baozhai's bed chambers. I am not Tsuyosa, as you are not Shimazu. I am simply... Va'tet."

The Vastine girl's voice was soft still, but she shook her shoulders, armor clinking as she flapped her heavy wings twice before then folded closed, still far too large to align with her back. At her hip, the stone scythe clanked against her armor. When it did, a faint feeling of Hollow energy radiated from her person, before being blown away on the breeze. It actually served as a reminder that Va'tet herself had no discernible presence. It was as if she simply was not there.
Va'tet
Unseated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:56 pm

"I could very well ask the same of you, as these aren't regular hours for paying visits," alone in the dark, without witnesses to overhear meant he could dispense with the innocent act or cover. And so it was an altogether different person Va'tet would encounter, completely at odds from the child most considered him to be.

Rather fitting in an ironic sort of way. Since despite her surface age she was no more a child than he.

"As for squad business, that's really not the place of a mere 10th Seat to say. If you do have a complaint to make against any of our members however, I'm sure the Captain can oblige you,"
Shiroki
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanying Baozhai on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:03 pm

The Baozhai manor had been nice and quiet. Meili had been put to bed, the night guards were patrolling their usual routes, and all was well. Lany had thought she could have a nice night in for once, and not have to stay up all night doing paperwork. However, just as she was getting comfortable in her bed, there was a knock on her door.

"Mi'lady, there are two individuals on the grounds without invitations. What should we do?"

Lany released an exasperated sigh. She stood up from her bed and, still wearing only her panties and nothing else, opened the door to see a gruff-looking older giant, the security captain for the night guards. He quickly averted his eyes at seeing Lany's state of undress.

"What do you mean two individuals? What do they look like? Who are they? Did you oafs get drunk again before your shifts?"

"Mi'lady, of-of course not!"

The giant gave a loud outburst of denial. Lany, however, could smell the alcohol on his breath.

"No matter. I'll go see who it is."

Without even bothering to get dressed or cover herself, she angrily walked the tiled hallways of the Baozhai manor to the front door, opening it with a loud crash.

"Just one night! That's all I ask for! Just one-"

She was taken out of her slight rage as she saw who it was at her door. The young captain of the 2nd, and Va'tet.

"Oh, it's just you two. Forgive me, I was expecting someone else to come knocking on my door this late. Shiroki, were you spying on my daughter again? You know she tells me about those little escapades, right?"

She gave a smirk as she leaned up against the doorframe. She was about to open her mouth to speak again before the night guard captain gave a light cough, reminding Lany where she was and her state of undress.

"Well, come in, come in. I'll have my night guard make us a cup of tea, coffee, whatever you want."

She gave a light snap of her fingers as she turned around and walked back into her home, not even bothering to see if the other two would follow.

Species : Oni

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Va'tet on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:30 pm

Va'tet had been in the process of explaining to the Werewolf, "I don't sleep and needed to speak with Lady B-" when the door opened and she came eye to panties with the Lady Baozhai herself. "Ohs... Salutations."

The Vastine girl looked up and bowed slightly before stepping across the threshold into the Baozhai household and looking around. So, this is where Ma'kine came when he needed guidance? The house of his closest friends... 

Va'tet turned after walking into the Baozhai's mansion, sketching another low bow to the Commander. "I am sorry if my appearance had pulled you from your chambers, my Commander. It would seem I have not yet adjusted to the hours kept by Soul Society yet. I was simply wondering if I could have an audience with you, if that would not trouble you greatly." Va'tet stood back up straight, her overly large wings rustling as she let her eyes drift slowly from the Commander's bare feet to her eyes while also giving the same slow look to everything else in the present space, before returning her steady gaze to Lady Baozhai's figure.
Va'tet
Unseated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:01 pm

Spying indeed-- The very idea! And even if that WERE in fact the activity that parties in question were engaged in--not that anything of the sort was going on, mind you--wasn't that sort of thing fully listed in his job description anyway?

Taiyo Pekku had; on occasion, submitted similar justifications when being caugh--*ahem; discovered--in an unfortunate compromising situation. Which; where the old captain was concerned, tended to happen at least once a month. Probably a good thing that certain lieutenants were often within earshot to listen in and take note of what excuses worked and which did not.

Unfortunately, none of that adequately prepared a person from coming face to face with an undressed oni in the early hours of the morning. Correction, make that face-to-knee given their height disparities; and one of the few occasions he was glad not to be any taller. Va'tet; who WAS indeed at the appropriate height to, um...notice...their commander's current state of (un)dress, no doubt would be in a more awkward situation. If she was, she didn't seem to be showing it though.

He could probably admire that kind of stoicism, if nothing else.

It took a while longer to cotton onto the fact that they were being invited in. Ah, crap--he was expected to follow, wasn't he? Well, so much for tonight being the night he discovered where Captain Azalea's secret hidey-hole was. Even leaving right away, he would be sure to have missed her departure by now. Too bad.

On the other paw, it dawned upon him that present circumstances would be the best to open discussions regarding the suspicious Kenpachi without having it spread as gossip throughout the ranks. Something about her seemed somewhat 'off' still; a nagging sense of threat made all the more infuriating by its unusual familiarity. He was certain of having encountered her before, just as he was certain he never clapped eye on the woman in his life. Every hackle bristled when she was in the vicinity, and he had learnt to trust gut feelings of self-preservation after relying on them to stay one step ahead of street gangs in the outer districts.

Sadly, there was little in the way of actual proof to offer--other than Azalea's track record of destroying people and property, of course. Which; like spying was for the 2nd Squad, was kinda expected for a Kenpachi anyway. In fact, it actually seemed MORE suspicious that she wasn't being as damaging as her predecessors.

He would have to handle this tactfully, waiting for a good opportunity in conversation to express these concerns or risk coming across as an alarmist or insane. And there probably were other things worth mentioning, such as Captain Seven's sudden mysterious length-of-absence (if he hadn't known any better, he'd have put his money on Azalea having killed him), and the empty Lt position in his squad. So far dropping hints like crazy had done nothing to motivate any of the Onmitsukido to volunteer themselves for the position. Maybe because of some stupid ninja code of loyalty or non-ambitiousness or something like that. Which was entirely rubbish, as far as he was concerned. Whoever said ninjas didn't understand ambition? After all, he was ninja, and plenty ambitious, wasn't he?

Or maybe they just didn't want to put themselves in the limelight. That, at least, was an understandable concern. But it didn't change the fact that the squad still needed a lieutenant, regardless of whether the nominee liked it or not. Because he sure as hell wasn't planning to commit death-by-paperwork anytime soon. Seemed like a painful way to go.

Tipping an ear to the night guard, he followed the two ladies into the building.
Shiroki
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down