» Afterlyfe (Opem)
Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:44 pm by Echidna

» Safe Passage (Open)
Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:21 pm by Non-Player Character

» Destiny, fate, or chance? (Open)
Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:37 am by Adyna

» The New Lieutenant (Open)
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:39 am by Hanzō Judai

» Testament of the Great Teacher (Open Thread)
Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:07 am by Va'tet

» Rot Dragon (Finished)
Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:37 pm by Shiroki

» Stat Upgrades(Training) Need grading~
Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:12 pm by Azalea

» Self Training(Training thread)
Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:40 pm by Sithis Monomyth

The Emperor's Training (Open)

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: The Emperor's Training (Open)

Post by Shiroki on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:46 am

On his way back from errands for the 4th, Shiro decided to stop by and look in on a familiar face. The medics had kept him for quite a while asking all sorts of uncomfortable questions about where and whence he'd come on all this information and the absence of his 'Captain'. But luckily they'd been too occupied with the task of trying to save those they could to worry about his evasive answers to those questions.

Luckily they hadn't noticed how the kido barrier conveniently disappeared just in time for the 4th squad to enter, either--without its creator being anywhere in sight. Today was a day for luck, apparently. The mysterious Togabito's accomplices were lucky also that their comrade had died before giving them away.

He was not dressed as the Captain now, and so would be entirely unremarkable to most people. But just to be sure, the boy dialed back his reiatsu output even more until it resembled somewhere close to average levels before sauntering over. Didn't need for anyone to read him again and freak out, after all.  

"Hi, are you with the 11th too?" He hailed the new shinigami with the uchigatana standing off to one side. "Haven't seen you around before, are you new? I'm lookin' for my Cap'n--p'raps you know him? Tall, spooky dude? Wears cloaks, big sword, no face?" tilting his head to one side quizzically, the child awaited his new acquaintance's reaction.

"Name's Shiro. I'm with Squad 2, nice ta meetcha!" he stuck out a paw. "What's yours?"

Shiroki
Admin

Species : Werewolf
Race : Shinigami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:09 pm

Grym would look at the person who is speaking with him, he raises an eyebrow and the narrows his eyes.

"hmm, I believe I have seen him before,
at my graduation ceremony, and you were there too, but sadly I haven't seen him since the incident with the arrancar."

He would then look at the being whom stuck his hand out for a handshake, he slowly takes the paw in his own hand, shaking the paw but also gives his paw a strong grip.

"I'm Grym Balthorn, and I just recently joined 11th."
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

Species : Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:36 am

Eye contact. Firm shake. Confidence. Factor in the association to 11th Squad...

No. He could not follow that reasoning. Dared not. While logical to assume that a newcomer would be unaffected by the current layers of treachery in place, it was not a foregone conclusion. Grym could still be compromised. Might have already been compromised already.

Regardless--have to take a chance. Going by that reasoning, the entire Gotei would be suspect. That left no angle to work on. Assume the worst, but equip the likely uncompromised allies with the tools they needed to stay that way...while leaving out anything truly sensitive--that was the best option.

Grym, I've reason to believe your Captain is an infiltrator, if not an outright traitor.

Yeah, starting the conversation like that wouldn't be the best idea. But what if...

"Officer Balthorn--or can I call you Grym?" Shiro sized up his new acquaintance. "You look like someone who wouldn't mind a bit of a warm up. Interested in a practice duel? Nothing fancy, no kido, and first one into Shikai loses?"

Subtle. Had to play this subtle. Instead of directly mentioning his suspicions, he would try to get Grym accustomed to Kenpachi Azalea's unique style of fighting...or as close as he could 'mimic' the style from recent memory of their encounter in the vault. That should prepare Grym for the worst-case scenario, if ever he would need to defend himself from his own Captain. Having some prior experience at guarding from and reacting to a similar weight-heavy style would definitely give him an advantage if that ever should happen.

And assuming he was more than your average drunk Squad 11 simpleton, exposure to the combat style might get him thinking...get him to draw his own conclusions, find similarities between it and his current Captain's peculiarities...raise questions. Questions that would prompt Grym to find his own answers.

Being unable to put the situation into plain words, this was the best that Shiro could do.

"So, whatcha think?"
Shiroki
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:52 am

Grym would think as he shrugs, knowing that he needed some practice, even though he's unseated, he wondered if he can go up the ranks to be at least 3rd seat, but that would have to be put on the back burner as he looks to shiro.

"hmm, and where will we have this spar,
I was thinking of doing some training so that I can practice on my own fighting technique, but I guess this gives me the chance to see what needs to be worked on."

Grym sensed suspicion about the conditions of the fight, it's as if shiro wants to spar with only brawn, he wasn't sure what's going on but he keeps quiet about it.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:12 pm

"Well..." This was 11th Division after all, so there wasn't any point in preliminaries and subtleties. When in Rome...

So he wrapped himself in Shunko reiatsu, aiming to bypass the biological limitations of weight and form so as to reasonably pass off as the much heavier Azalea. Shiro opened with a straightforward frontal chop, holding the wooden baton backwards to obtain a longer reach. Since he intended to play the part of Kenpachi here, he would be taking the offensive for much of this encounter. The strike landed where he had intended, impacting the cobbles next to Grym and carving through--leaving a moderately impressive crater behind.

"How about...here?"
Shiroki
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:10 pm

Grym raises an eyebrow as he watched his sparring partner land a hit on the cobblestone next to him, noticing the crater left by the wooden swords impact.

"I see..... Very well."

Grym would move away so that they would both have some distance for their spar, while also preparing to use shunpo if his opponent wanted to try to get the upper hand with a backstab, once he figured that they were a good distance to start to spar, Grym would rest his left hand on his Zanpakutō's sheath while his right hand rested on it's handle.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:49 am

Ordinarily, he wasn't the type to go on the offensive. It made far better sense to bide one's time playing defense while the opponent exhausted themselves with every passing moment, then go for the kill once tables turned.

But given that he wanted Grym to have a feel for fighting a Kenpachi he abandoned the default strategy for something more assertive; fueling every swing with trace amounts of shunko to encourage avoidance rather than parrying. He would be adding speed to the movements as well later on, once the rhythm of combat was well underway. Their short exchange had lasted long enough to notice that Azalea's quickness was at least on par if not levels above his own.

For now he settled for straightforward, obvious attacks to gauge the opponent's level of skill before pushing further--putting enough force behind each one to stop a moderately sized Hollow's charge. The size of Grym's sword and its clear advantage in reach posed something of a problem, forcing Shiro to attempt annoying acrobatics just to close the gap: yet another of the many disadvantages from being smaller than average. All things constant, keeping up this pace and pressing attack would tire an attacker out long before the defender--especially if defense only needed to make small movements with their giant sword for each strike.

He wondered how long it would take Grym to notice this limitation and take advantage of it.
Shiroki
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:05 am

Grym would remain standing there since it would look like the fight had not started yet, keeping a poised stance, but soon, his stance would begin to lower until his knees were at 90° angles, similar to that of a Horse stance in martial arts, maybe giving his opponent a feeling like he maybe prey, and Grym is a Predator, thirsting for blood.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:29 pm

Alright, warmup's over. No point messing around

Using the ground as a springboard, he launched with enough force to crack the cobbles and let forward momentum turn the leap into a somersault for Grym's face: fast, but still within the limits of an average Shinigami to follow. Nor did he aim for anywhere that would be troublesome to block. He expected to be blocked; was counting on it as a matter of fact. Having some kind of feel for the impact collision would be useful in gauging power levels and let him know if he should tone things down or kick it up a notch, based on opponent abilities.
Shiroki
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azalea on Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:24 pm

Azalea, for her part, was too busy fretting over her injured, and rapidly dying, men to observe the ongoing training. But, as the Fourth members informed her that, while they appreciated her concern, she was simply, as they said, in the way.

Though Azalea did not care for the phrasing, she admitted the girl was correct. Without an understanding of Kaido, or any Kido for that matter, Azalea could not help. Not in any way in front of these Shinigami at least.

So the Kenpachi was left to her own devices, and she chose to observe the training of one of her men and the Werewolf, Shiroki from Second. It always fascinated her to watch others fight. It always seemed they were moving in slow motion, she thought, the way that others, even at their top speeds, rarely couldn't match hers.

Azalea sat down, pulling a white notebook from her Haori's inner pocket. As she watched the two fighting males, Azalea began writing down steps for a training regiment, explaining in great detail every step of the process for each technique that her newest student, the shapeshifter Hanzo.

Azalea
Admin_Empress
Admin_Empress

Race : Togabito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:24 am

As Grym watched his opponent move, he would act withing seconds of his opponent moving, using Shunpo at his maximum speed to evade the oncoming attack, he would leap, drawing his Zanpakutō but rather than pulling the blade out of it's sheath, he keeps the sheath on his weapon as if to act like a bokken, once he jumped out of the way, he continues using Shunpo to quickly move in close while holding his Zanpakutō in both hands in away that looked like he was going to stab at his opponent, aiming to jab his opponent in the ribs hard with not just a strong stabbing motion, but also use the shunpos momentum to try to make the hit hopefully harder than than this person would expect, knowing that he only has the intermediate armed training, he hopes to make it up with his advanced training in shunpo.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:22 am

The tonfa emitted a distressing sound as it impacted pavement head on, causing a small spiderweb of cracks zigzagging out from the point of collision. Simple momentum carried him forward and he rolled with the motion, hopefully out of range of the larger weapon.

A glimpse out of the corner of an eye suggested he shouldn't have bothered, given that his opponent hadn't even gone to the trouble of drawing a sword. Did he even intend to, or was he holding back at the idea of facing what seemed to be an inferior fighter with a wooden stick?

"C'mon, Balthorn-san. You can do better'n that," he stood in place to take the sheathed thrust head-on, slightly surprised to find himself forced back a couple paces. That he had felt the strike through his unconscious reiatsu barriers was noteworthy enough, but being forced backwards...that was something else.

But they would get nowhere if they both stuck to making feints and getting a feel for each other. Seeing what Grym could do with a sheathed sword only made Shiro all the more curious as to what would happen when he went all out.

"Won'tcha let your zanpakuto out to play? I know that mine--" still standing with the tip of the sword scabbard upon his chest, the boy made an underarm swipe to bat it aside before darting in and closing the distance, hoping to get up close and personal where the larger uchigatana would be less useful in countering attacks. This time he moved low, dropping to run on all fours intermittently with tonfa poised to hamstring the taller man's calves

"--is simply DYING to meet you,"
Shiroki
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azalea on Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:58 am

Azalea glanced upwards at the sound of cracking stone and frowned. She moved closer, but out of the immediate area of fighting and softly called to the Shinigami as they sparred. "Careful now; don't just recklessly destroy the courtyard. The damages will come out of your pay if you're not careful," the Kenpachi said in her soft voice.

For her part, she made no mention of how shallow indentations followed her every step, leaving footprint impressions on the stone's surface everywhere she went. She looked down at her notes and carefully wrote down the next set of instructions before she continued.

"But, if either of yourselves cares for a challenge, I have some time before the next lesson."

Azalea
Admin_Empress
Admin_Empress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:57 am

Grym would grip the handle of his sheathed Zanpakutō, hearing his opponents words, he would quickly respond.

"well, your using a bokken are you not?
So I'm fighting you with my Zanpakutō sheathed to act like it's a bokken, and besides, you do not wish for my to draw my sword, I have a habit if being...... Aggressive."

He soon sees his weapon batted away, this time he will use a technique he learned while in the academy, using the ability called "Empty Cicada" is what he believed it's called, he would shunpo again, this time leaving a solid afterimage behind for his opponent to strike as he repositions so that when he comes into view again once he reaches his shunpo destination, he would be swinging his sheathed weapon down on his opponents right shoulder since he was moving left when he used shunpo.

After striking, he would hear his captain speak and looks to her, but only for a split second in case his opponent didn't wish to head his captains warning about not destroying the courtyard.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:11 am

A suicidal impulse to plunge into shikai and take the Kenpachi up on her offer occurred to him. An impulse that; thankfully, received no more than a moment's consideration.

Idly easing into auto-pilot with regards to the situation at hand--and why not; given Grym didn't seem to be taking this encounter seriously at the moment--he went through the motions of parrying and countering while considering the repercussions of next moves. It was surprising how tempting the idea of ambushing a fellow Captain off guard and committing murder accidentally-on-purpose appealed at the moment. Would it be possible? Maybe...if he caught her entirely by surprise and pressed an advantage. But one errant slip or hesitation and she would soon turn the tables. And what of the witnesses? How would they respond? Too many unknowns and uncertainties. Of all the Squad Captains in attendance, there were few that Shiroki didn't feel reasonably certain he could dispatch...given enough preparation time and effort. This newcomer however remained the one nagging enigma; the one mystery as yet unresolved.

So much for that plan. Heck with it, probably best to just assassinate her in her sleep. Assuming the lady even slept. People had to sleep at some point, right?

And as for his current opponent, if they continued to pull punches this whole encounter would be a massive waste of time. There were things that he could do to address that...but few of those options were attractive with his prime suspect being in watching distance. He didn't much like the idea of using shikai in his current identity and having people wonder why somebody with this ability was stuck being 10th seat. He especially didn't want the Kenpachi taking note of what form his Shikai took, and then later connecting the dots if he ever had to resort to it in his Captain persona. That was why he'd set things up so shikai was the losing condition for their current duel. But the way things were going, it might have to come to that.

"This is neither bokken nor shinai, Balthorn-san. Whatcha see is whatcha get--and I'm tellin' you this ugly twig here's an honest-to-kami actual zanpakuto. Or haven't you felt it yet?" Honing its shaft to a cutting edge with deliberate reiatsu, Shiroki nudged the other sword a little; allowing it to slowly 'cut' through the protective scabbard. As bizarre as it seemed, the blunt baton was doing exactly that--chipping away at its target despite not having any apparent edge. At full power, it might have sheared cleanly through both scabbard and blade inside, but he reined himself in before letting it go that far.

"You seem t'like Perceiving a lot, Balthorn-san. Checkin' out my Cap'n and all... So it's a little strange you haven't noticed this sooner, but this 'bokken' here isn't very nice once she gets goin'. She definitely ain't the type who'll letcha stop her with a sheathed sword. Can't you feel it? If you keep holdin' back--"

He amped up the reiatsu output level; focusing so as not to have it detectable and not in the black-hole range.

"--can't say I didn't warn you,"
Shiroki
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azalea on Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:06 am

Azalea shrugged her shoulders. If neither wished to test themselves, that was fine. She'd watch if she had nothing else to do. The Fourth had been adamant that she stay out of their way, and she did not think the Lady Commander would get involved in such things as a few dying men. Azalea would notify their families as soon as the investigation is over. But until then, she needed to keep busy.

If all went as she had hoped, the people who survived would grow smarter and not make foolish mistakes. They'd fight harder against the Togabito when the time came. And she hoped that meant more would survive the battle yet to come.

But for now, this day, she sat on the ground and pulled her Zanpakuto off her back and began to rub a cloth over the huge black broadsword. Its serrated edge was honed to a keen point, or rather, a series of points. The smooth flat blackness was great in her hold, and she loved it very much. It was a part of her soul, but she loathed the spirit within. The great lion within her Zanpakuto was hateful, spiteful and cruel. Far too much like her rival, but Azalea hated that comparison, for if her Zanpakuto was like him... What did that say about her?

Azalea
Admin_Empress
Admin_Empress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:31 am

Grym looked slightly surprised by the fact that his opponent said that the bokken IS his Zanpakutō, he should have known better than to have think that shiro left his barracks without his Zanpakutō, but his near blank facial expression almost twisted into agitation as he sees the weapon actually 'cut' into his Zanpakutōs scabbard, quickly jumping away, he would slip his Zanpakutō back into place at his waist after examining the damage on the scabbard, he would then use his Reiatsu perception to see if the opposing weapon was really a Zanpakutō before responding.

"could you blame me? Your captain looked a little suspicious to me so I was trying to see what he was without alarming anyone. Besides, no harm done."

His eyes soon grew cold if shiro was looking him in the eyes as Grym starts to build up spiritual energy, not in anyway getting shikai ready, but more of an attempt to strengthen his own capabilities in shunpo as he now rests a hand on his Zanpakutō's scabbard, with the flick of his thumb, he pushes the tsuba of his weapon forward so that only a sliver of the blade is now exposed to the open air as he then slowly draws his Zanpakutō.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:47 am

So things were finally going somewhere--good.

"Oh, he's ten diff'rent kinds of creepy. All floaty, an' such? I heard the guys're callin' him Yūrei; what with him bein' untouchable an' all. They say he's like a ghost or somethin'--which is dumb, since we all are, but still..."

He grinned in anticipation to feel opposing reiatsu skyrocket and see sunlight flash off polished metal as it emerged. "But then again, your Cap'n's kinda scary too, wouldn't you say? Maybe also suspicious...the way she disappears sometimes? People might think she's,"

He struck to encounter the satisfying resistance as tonfa was blocked by that same sliver of blade.

"--up to something..."
Shiroki
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:07 am

Grym would soon has his weapon fully drawn, dying to use his shikai but knows that if he uses it, he loses the spar, so he's just trying to give himself a better edge in combat by making sure that when he used shunpo, he's applying his full power behind it in hopes to give himself a greater speed advantage, but knows that doing this can only go so far for so long, so he needs to end it soon before exhausting himself as he starts to perform shunpo as fast as he can.

"well, I have only been here for perhaps a day so I wouldn't know much about my captains habits so I wouldn't know very much."

With each shunpo jump, he would be leaving Empty Cicada copies behind as he rapidly moves in to perform a strike and moved away, leaving a after image with his empty Cicada technique, trying to hit certain spots of Shiros body that would hopefully slow him down and make his attacks less effective.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:00 am

Clones? Interesting... Why's this guy even in 11th squad again? Note to self; give the graduation recruiters a stern talking-to and find out why they somehow managed to pass up this type of potential to 11th, of all places.

That can wait for later, however. He dodges one, then runs through another--passing directly through the afterimage just in time to parry an incoming strike, temporarily trapping the blade's edge with the intersection of his tonfa.

"Not bad, but that sorta thing works better on humans, y'know. For us with the ears--" with a flick of a wrist he releases the larger sword, but not before changing its angle to point flat-side up so as to use its surface as a springboard to reach Grym's shoulder. "You'll hafta try somethin' else. I can HEAR where you really are moving...even if my eyes say diff'rent." The kid wiggles both ears for emphasis. "An' now--"

In a sudden scramble, he darts from shoulder to shoulder; ending up with both arms clinging to the taller Man's neck and wooden baton pressed up against the throat. "Whatcha think of THIS? It's just a lil' somethin' the old cap'n--the one before creepy dude--showed us to use against bigger opponents. Nice, huh? All I gotta do is lean back," the cub suits action to words, letting his full weight and gravity do the job of overbalancing Grym, trying to making the other fall backwards onto the ground while tugging from behind.

"And tag--you're it,"
Shiroki
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:51 am

Grym realizes that despite that his opponent is smaller than him, he's outclassed due to the fact that Grym doesn't have much actual combat experience, only training which he now realizes that he should go into the field once he has a chance and get some actual combat, but right now he has bigger problems, like the fact that the fuzzy bastard is trying to make him lose balance. Gritting his teeth, he uses one hand to grab onto his opponents arms, trying to pull them away from his neck as he quickly looks around, soon he gets an idea, he soon sheaths his Zanpakutō and grabs onto the Cubs arms as if holding on for dear life.

"well then, since your so keen on wanting a piggyback ride, this is gonna be a doozy."

He would then start to shunpo, this time not only trying to make sure the fuzzball doesn't let go, but he also shunpos straight up, as far as he can go with his level of skill in the technique, once he reaches the pinnacle of the shunpo distance with one jump, he then tries to use whatever technique that Shinigami use to stand in the air as a way to give him a surface, to shunpo off of, with his opponent facing the ground since it seem he's on his back, once he succeeds now moving rapidly towards the ground, he makes sure his opponent is what will hit the ground first instead of him.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:35 pm

Taiyo Pekku had; on occasion during her rare moments of lucidity and responsibility, involved herself with the self-improvement and progression of her squad members. It had been on one of those occasions when she'd taken a certain Lieutenant aside and informed him in no uncertain terms that neglecting to maintain basic proficiency in Unarmed Combat would come back to bite him in the tail (she'd used a more colorful synonym) one day.

Shiro hated it when their former Captain was right.

Current situation: plummeting to earth at a considerable rate of speed. Which actually...wasn't all that alarming for somebody with heightened perception really. More than enough time to attempt something if he chose.

The problem wasn't the falling, but what to try next.

An obvious solution here would be to cast Bakudo: Suspended Star to arrest their fall. But doing so would mean resorting to kido, which by the rules would disqualify the user. Relying on Inukaze's shikai abilities over air to do the same thing was also out of the question, for the same reason. Foiled by rules. Again.

With the best options unavailable, he settles for ramming Inukaze's shaft harder against the opponent's throat to further restrict intake of air; not pulling any punches given the risk in their situation. With Grym's sword sheathed and hands currently occupied in maintaining their death grip, he would have no defence against being choked to the point of unconsciousness. Not unless he chose to release his grip to wrestle free of the choke-hold, that is.

He keeps up the pressure, fully prepared to knock the other out if an opportunity didn't present itself to wriggle free.
Shiroki
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:13 am

Realizing that he didn't grab the one thing that's causing him to keep breathing, he grits his teeth and uses shunpo to accelerate the fall, trying to hit the ground with greater velocity, hoping that the impact would hopefully even the odds since he feels a little underpowered at the moment.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:32 pm

In popular culture--or rather, what he assumed to be popular culture based on Oshime's media updates--there existed a race of fictional people named Vulcans who went around in something called a spaceship and could supposedly kill you with a Death Touch or with their mind.

Oshi didn't explain that part so well, so he isn't clear on that issue. Nevertheless, one had to admit that being able to neutralize someone by touching them would kind of be handy right about now.

Note to self: look up 'Vulcan'. Because having access to telepathic touch-assassins, or their techniques, would definitely be useful.

In reality, however, knocking somebody out without actually killing them often proved to be a lot harder in practice. For that, enough pressure had to be applied to choke but not strangle, while at the same time taking care not to crush the various arteries or windpipe beyond repair. Killing a person--now that was simpler and more straightforward. No finesse necessary, just keep on applying force until the flimsy blood sack that passes for a body rips apart under the pressure.

For less lethal purposes, the baton's wooden shaft made for a perfectly serviceable garrote. Being neither a piercing nor cutting tool, it was ideal for applying pressure without the risk of cutting anybody's throat in the process--so long as he eased up on the reiatsu focus. Lots more safer than relying on bare claws for the same reason as well, regardless what anyone might say. Hakuda mastery was all fine and good--assuming you intended to get parted from your weapon in the first place. Having no such intention, that school of combat was redundant at best, and distracting at worst.

For example, its omission from his priorities meant being able to focus on more important attributes. Attributes such as armed combat; for one. And perception; for another.

Drawing forth upon spiritual reserves to further augment the pressure, Shiroki allows reiyorku to build, setting up preliminary stages for a perception-based technique. Back in the Academy, it had the dubious honor of being referred to by the student population as 'the Look'--referring; of course, to the ability some Shinigami (Captains especially) possessed at being able to intimidate or stagger certain victims with nothing more than a well-placed stare. Effects appeared to differ depending on power levels between user and victim, with greater discrepancies associated with more severe consequences. It was something most Captains didn't really bother to look into, just another perk from their power potential many took for granted: walk into range. Flare reiatsu (or don't, depending on how powerful you are). Watch as everyone collapses. Profit.

Not Shiroki. Reiatsu was a tool, as much so as one's zanpakuto and kido, if not more. It made no sense to have a tool and not make the most out of it. And so he had spent considerable time testing, to experiment with limits and outer bounds of what it could or could not do.  If an unconscious release of reiatsu had such an effect on less powerful targets, then imagine what the conscious release of the same could do.

Limitations pose a problem, obviously. Usually, one relied upon eye contact as the connection focus for pulling something like this off. That would be difficult to achieve, considering his current position at Grym's back. Fortunately though, eye contact didn't seem to be the defining factor. He'd seen blind Shinigami on both the delivering AND receiving ends of this intimidation tactic, so that suggested that the ability to see wasn't all that important.

Any sense link would theoretically do the trick, especially in a high-pressure situation where the victim could focus on nothing else: Sight. Smell. Taste. Touch--

Sound.

So he combines the latter two; lacing voice with icy, suffocating tendrils of power maintained at a level that his opponent would be able to sense. Raw killing intent: the spiritual equivalent of a dagger held to the throat.

"Yield,"

Only one word, because the actual words weren't important under the pitch and tone and tension anyway. It would not matter if anyone heard what was said or not. As long as the underlying message got through. And given Grym's habit/reliance on Perception, it was reasonably likely that the message would get through. Good possibility anyway. Higher than chance.

And if it didn't--well, then they both better be prepared for the landing

Combat Roll:
Armed Combat: Advanced
Perception: Grandmaster vs Perception: Intermediate
Shiroki
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azalea on Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:56 am

-Stepping in under official Admin duties-

After reading through your fight, I and the other Admins agree that this match is a draw. Shiroki cannot escape, but likewise Grym cannot avoid the paralyzing effects of the Look. As such, Grym would plummet straight down, taking Shiroki with him. Holding Shiro on his back, Grym would avoid a lot of damage but both would be rendered unconscious or unable to continue fighting from the impact without a third party stepping in.

-End of Admin message-

Azalea
Admin_Empress
Admin_Empress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next