» The Emperor's Training (Open)
Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:10 pm by Grym Balthorn

» Intense Training
Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:25 pm by Hanzō Judai

» Character Theme songs
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:05 pm by Azalea

» Dogs and Deicide (Training Thread)
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:56 am by Shiroki

» Kikuhime 'Cat' Katsuyori (Togabito; Finished)
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:46 am by Shiroki

» Faceclaim Roster
Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:13 am by Cat

» Damnation Threads Timeline
Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:47 am by Shiroki

» Back to Basics (Open)
Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:56 am by Hanzō Judai

The Emperor's Training (Open)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: The Emperor's Training (Open)

Post by Shiroki on Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:46 am

On his way back from errands for the 4th, Shiro decided to stop by and look in on a familiar face. The medics had kept him for quite a while asking all sorts of uncomfortable questions about where and whence he'd come on all this information and the absence of his 'Captain'. But luckily they'd been too occupied with the task of trying to save those they could to worry about his evasive answers to those questions.

Luckily they hadn't noticed how the kido barrier conveniently disappeared just in time for the 4th squad to enter, either--without its creator being anywhere in sight. Today was a day for luck, apparently. The mysterious Togabito's accomplices were lucky also that their comrade had died before giving them away.

He was not dressed as the Captain now, and so would be entirely unremarkable to most people. But just to be sure, the boy dialed back his reiatsu output even more until it resembled somewhere close to average levels before sauntering over. Didn't need for anyone to read him again and freak out, after all.  

"Hi, are you with the 11th too?" He hailed the new shinigami with the uchigatana standing off to one side. "Haven't seen you around before, are you new? I'm lookin' for my Cap'n--p'raps you know him? Tall, spooky dude? Wears cloaks, big sword, no face?" tilting his head to one side quizzically, the child awaited his new acquaintance's reaction.

"Name's Shiro. I'm with Squad 2, nice ta meetcha!" he stuck out a paw. "What's yours?"

Shiroki

Species : Werewolf
Race : Shinigami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:09 pm

Grym would look at the person who is speaking with him, he raises an eyebrow and the narrows his eyes.

"hmm, I believe I have seen him before,
at my graduation ceremony, and you were there too, but sadly I haven't seen him since the incident with the arrancar."

He would then look at the being whom stuck his hand out for a handshake, he slowly takes the paw in his own hand, shaking the paw but also gives his paw a strong grip.

"I'm Grym Balthorn, and I just recently joined 11th."
Grym Balthorn
Unseated Officer

Species : Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:36 am

Eye contact. Firm shake. Confidence. Factor in the association to 11th Squad...

No. He could not follow that reasoning. Dared not. While logical to assume that a newcomer would be unaffected by the current layers of treachery in place, it was not a foregone conclusion. Grym could still be compromised. Might have already been compromised already.

Regardless--have to take a chance. Going by that reasoning, the entire Gotei would be suspect. That left no angle to work on. Assume the worst, but equip the likely uncompromised allies with the tools they needed to stay that way...while leaving out anything truly sensitive--that was the best option.

Grym, I've reason to believe your Captain is an infiltrator, if not an outright traitor.

Yeah, starting the conversation like that wouldn't be the best idea. But what if...

"Officer Balthorn--or can I call you Grym?" Shiro sized up his new acquaintance. "You look like someone who wouldn't mind a bit of a warm up. Interested in a practice duel? Nothing fancy, no kido, and first one into Shikai loses?"

Subtle. Had to play this subtle. Instead of directly mentioning his suspicions, he would try to get Grym accustomed to Kenpachi Azalea's unique style of fighting...or as close as he could 'mimic' the style from recent memory of their encounter in the vault. That should prepare Grym for the worst-case scenario, if ever he would need to defend himself from his own Captain. Having some prior experience at guarding from and reacting to a similar weight-heavy style would definitely give him an advantage if that ever should happen.

And assuming he was more than your average drunk Squad 11 simpleton, exposure to the combat style might get him thinking...get him to draw his own conclusions, find similarities between it and his current Captain's peculiarities...raise questions. Questions that would prompt Grym to find his own answers.

Being unable to put the situation into plain words, this was the best that Shiro could do.

"So, whatcha think?"
Shiroki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:52 am

Grym would think as he shrugs, knowing that he needed some practice, even though he's unseated, he wondered if he can go up the ranks to be at least 3rd seat, but that would have to be put on the back burner as he looks to shiro.

"hmm, and where will we have this spar,
I was thinking of doing some training so that I can practice on my own fighting technique, but I guess this gives me the chance to see what needs to be worked on."

Grym sensed suspicion about the conditions of the fight, it's as if shiro wants to spar with only brawn, he wasn't sure what's going on but he keeps quiet about it.
Grym Balthorn
Unseated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:12 pm

"Well..." This was 11th Division after all, so there wasn't any point in preliminaries and subtleties. When in Rome...

So he wrapped himself in Shunko reiatsu, aiming to bypass the biological limitations of weight and form so as to reasonably pass off as the much heavier Azalea. Shiro opened with a straightforward frontal chop, holding the wooden baton backwards to obtain a longer reach. Since he intended to play the part of Kenpachi here, he would be taking the offensive for much of this encounter. The strike landed where he had intended, impacting the cobbles next to Grym and carving through--leaving a moderately impressive crater behind.

"How about...here?"
Shiroki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:10 pm

Grym raises an eyebrow as he watched his sparring partner land a hit on the cobblestone next to him, noticing the crater left by the wooden swords impact.

"I see..... Very well."

Grym would move away so that they would both have some distance for their spar, while also preparing to use shunpo if his opponent wanted to try to get the upper hand with a backstab, once he figured that they were a good distance to start to spar, Grym would rest his left hand on his Zanpakutō's sheath while his right hand rested on it's handle.
Grym Balthorn
Unseated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2