I forgot my password

Account switch
Switch Accounts

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this week

Latest topics
» The Arrival of an American Shinigami. (Open)
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:16 pm by Grym Balthorn

» She is not One of Us (Open)
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:33 am by Moebius

» Desolation (Hollow Thread)
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:07 pm by Human Hollow

» The New Lieutenant (Open)
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:40 pm by Hanzō Judai

» The Empress and the End (Open)
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:33 pm by Grym Balthorn

» Intense Training
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:01 pm by Hanzō Judai

» Aoiueuitine: Sternritter P- The Prototype (WIP)
Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:59 am by Sternritter P- Prototype

» Sithis Monomyth Captain of Sixth Division(Finished)
Sun May 27, 2018 10:46 pm by Sithis Monomyth

» The Ties That Bind
Fri May 25, 2018 6:51 am by Cat

Grym Balthorn [Shinigami] (Finished)

Go down

Grym Balthorn [Shinigami] (Finished)

Post by Grym Balthorn on Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:12 am

Basic Info:
Name: Grym Balthorn
Species: Human
Race: Shinigami
Date of Birth: November 14th, 1994
Appearance Age: 18
Actual Age: 23
Organization: Gotei Thirteen. (Has not been assigned a squad yet.)
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 220 lbs.
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Deep Blue
General Appearance: Grym Balthorn has slightly tanned skin, scars all over his forehead arms, a single scar going over his left eye (eye is intact incase your wondering if my character is blind where the scar is), he also has a cross shaped scar on his chest where his heart would be, he has a necklace with a brass pendant with a Nordic rune engraved into it.

Psyche:
Redeeming Qualities: Grym is loyal to his friends, he will not betray them unless they give him good reason to, he will stand up for said friends if they are in a pinch unless a higher power is involved. Grym is very friendly to those in need and will assist them in anyway he can, may it be a friend or a stranger on the street.

Negative Qualities: Grym is a lone wolf, more willing to do things himself than with those he doesn't know. Grym is not very talkative, especially about his past unless he knows the person well enough.

Likes: Sweets (mainly mint chocolate ice creme), his friends, reading mythos

Dislikes: Hollows, criminals, people who take advantage of those who can't defend themselves.

General Personality: Grym would usually isolate himself from others that he may not know, usually doing his own thing or trying to do a mission himself. If someone gets to know him or manages to befriend him, he is a very kind person whom he would go on missions with anytime if possible. On the battlefield, Grym can get very aggressive, he fights with no remorse as if his own life depends on it, tending to try to finish the fight with overwhelming power and tenacity.

Powers:
Zanpakutō name: Asshuookami
Zanpakutō name translation: Ashen Wolf

Sealed Zanpakutō: Asshuookami is a Uchigatana with a Ash grey sheath, the handle has a fiery red cloth wrappings much like a normal katana, the guard is round with a depiction of a wolf with what looks like fire around it's paws in a scene if it chasing it's own tail around the blade.

Release Phrase: Let the hunt begin on the smoldering plains.

Shikai Appearance: looks like a Longsword with the same kind of wrapped handle that a normal katana would, the blade though is pitch black as if scorched to the point that it just looks like a burnt mass of metal.

Shikai Ability: Asshuookami is able to generate such intense heat around the blade tbag rocks and normal metal will melt at where the the blade strikes, but the weapon can launch a 'heat wave' much like Getsuga Tensho but rather than being a wave of solid spiritual energy, it's a transparent wave that is able to cut certain objects and beings (the wave distorts objects when looked at as if looking at a mirage), after a few seconds of being struck, a powerful burst of fire will erupt in the direction that the wave moved towards, meaning anything or anyone behind the target will receive a powerful blast of fire.

Bankai Name: Chūkū no nisshoku no Asshuookami
Bankai name translation: Ashen wolf of the hollow eclipse
(Will leave it at this until it's confirmed that my Zanpakutō will receive a bankai.)

Spirit:
Spirits appearance: Asshuookami is a giant wolf that stands as tall as Grym, the spirits fur is Ash grey, occasionally embers would emerge from his back like little sprites or maybe because underneath it's fur it actually burns slightly still, there will also be mirage like waves that wherever he walks, it leaves a scorch mark of his paw print on the surface.

Spirits personality:
Redeeming Qualities: The spirit of Asshuookami is always there for grym, through better or worse, Asshuookami is always willing to lend his power to grym. Asshuookami will offer guidance to Grym when it's greatly needed.

Negative Qualities: Asshuookami is sometimes aggressive towards Grym due to the animalistic nature of the spirit. Asshuookami is always trying to make Grym to tell everything about himself to his friends which gets annoying.

Dislikes: being alone, being cold, being annoyed.

General Personality: Asshuookami is by nature a being that works best in groups but due to his power, he really can't get too close or else he may hurt Grym, so he tries to give the least amount of his power he can give to where he doesn't hurt his Shinigami while also still being affective in combat. Asshuookami can get aggressive whenever grym is in danger so when needed, he will allow his powers to surge to where grym will have a burst power behind his attacks in exchange for grym to give Asshuookami spiritual energy. Asshuookami doesn't like to be in the any other world other than Gryms inner world, but he will come out when he believes it's absolutely necessary.

Inner World: Gryms inner world is a plain of Ash covered grass, the sky blocked by dark clouds that constantly rain, but rather than normal rain, it always seem to let specks of ash to fall from the sky, bones of animals would be sticking out of the ash here and there, this world is what Asshuookami calls home.

The Past:
History: Grym was a living human once, before his untimely death, on his birthday of all days. He died in Japan while on a road trip, a trip to find himself, but that ended when he was knocked off a bridge by a passing car. He died on impact with the bottom of the river he was over when crossing the bridge, but to his surprise, he woke up, but to his dismay, he was awake next to his dead body, with a chain connected to his chest. He wasn't sure how long he was out, but he soon saw what looked like a man in pajamas with a katana at his side, thinking he was a nutjob, soon finding out that this person was a Shinigami; he and the Shinigami talked for a bit and Grym wished to be a Shinigami as well, but before he could, the Shinigami gently pressed the pommel of his weapon against his forehead, hearing the person say that he will speak to him in the 'Soul Society'.

When Grym woke up yet again, he found himself in what looks like a rundown down village that surrounded a massive white wall, he soon found out he was in the soul society from a soul that was there when Grym arrived and mentioned that he was in the Rukongai. Eventually grym got accustomed to life in the village until he was approached by a Shinigami, which so happened to be the same one that found his soul in the world of the living, after some basics about spirit energy, the Shinigami realized that Grym has the potential to be a Shinigami, so he had Grym enter the Shinigami academy as soon as possible. 5 years will pass since he was accepted into the academy, he has been learning on how to be a Shinigami and how to fight the beings know as 'Hollows', but he sensed that they are not to be trifled with, as he did his best in his classes and training, he learned that the weapons Shinigami carry are called Zanpakutō. Grym learned that their Zanpakutō are entities of their own and he learned how starting Shinigami apply their spiritual energy to their weapon to have their Zanpakutō gain their unique features and that depending on how much training a Shinigami has with his or her weapon, can release their weapons power in two phases, Shikai and Bankai. In the day he practiced and learned about Shinigami spells and other abilities while at night he would make sure to be sleeping in a meditating position with his Zanpakutō in his lap, hoping that keeping his weapon with him not just in the day, but at night as well, may help him awaken his Zanpakutō's form.

At the halfway point of his daily training, his fellow Shinigami realized that his Zanpakutō was different from theirs, his was more unique than theirs, even the teacher would be astonished by the fact that Grym may have already achieved Shikai with his weapon, yet Grym did not wish to reveal it just yet. Grym finished his training and awaits his graduation ceremony, throughout his training at the academy, his main focus was to perfect his combat style in hopes to gain invaluable combat experience that might catch the eye of a squad captain, as of now, he awaits for his recruitment into one of the Gotei Thirteen.

Major Events Timeline:

November 14th. 2013: Gryms death in the human world, was found by a Shinigami and was sent to the soul society, and found himself in the Rukongai.

December 14th. 2013: Grym was found by the Shinigami that sent him to the soul society, started teaching him the basics of using spirit energy to see if he's capable, then sent to the Shinigami academy after seeing potential.

December 15th. 2013 - June 16th 2015: Grym has been studying the fundamentals of being a Shinigami and doing his best to learn spells and other techniques Shinigami use. After learning the Zanpakutō's abilities, he began to try to accelerate the awakening process by sleeping in a meditation stance with his Zanpakutō in his lap. Eventually, his hard work paid off and he was proud to reveal that his Zanpakutō is able to perform shikai, but he does not reveal it yet.

June 17th. 2015- July 18th 2018: Grym would finish his studies while also focusing on hand-to-hand combat and swordsmanship to gain more combat experience than any normal recruit before his graduation ceremony. Grym is currently preparing for his graduation ceremony.

Last edited by Grym Balthorn on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

Species : Human
Race : Shinigami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Grym Balthorn [Shinigami] (Finished)

Post by Azalea on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:28 am

Alright, Grym, I read over your application just now, and while it is finished and meets all of our requirements, I would like to point some things out.

First, you have numerous grammar mistakes throughout the application, such as under General Appearance, you used "in contact" rather than "intact," as well as many run-on sentences in your character history.

Second, the Major Events Timeline is meant to show important events in your character's history, as applied to you. I apologize if that was not made clear. Things to include there are: your character's death, when they entered the Academy, and when they achieved Shikai, for instance, as well as dates for those events (feel free to approximate these dates, or generalize them to a year rather than exact day).

Despite those issues, I am willing to give you the Officer Tier, which would allow you to chose five (5) skills with a base level of Beginner and a maximum of Intermediate. However, if you wish to fix the above issues, I can give you the Lieutenant Tier instead, with a total of six (6) skills, with a base level of Intermediate and a maximum of Advanced. However, please note that this is just my personal approval and may be changed by another Admin if they do not agree. Please let me know which choice you would prefer.

Azalea
Admin_Empress
Admin_Empress

Race : Togabito

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:46 pm

Alright, I'll fix my grammar mistakes and apply sections of his history to the timeline so that it will be presented better.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azalea on Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:56 pm

Alright, one more thing before I approve you. Well, I'm going to approve you now, but I still would like you to change this: Your timeline uses the years 2020, 2022, and 2025, which would not make sense because Damnation takes place in the present day.

For instance, if I made a thread today, the date that thread takes place would be 1-30-18, but if I made a thread a month ago, it'd take place 12-30-17. Please keep that mind for the future.

Please fix that, and then you can post whatever Stats you'd like here, and I'll apply them to your profile. You're hereby approved for Lt. Tier, with six skills with a base level of Intermediate and a skill cap of Advanced. For more about Skills, read Tiers and Skills.

Azalea
Admin_Empress
Admin_Empress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:22 pm

Ah ok, well I made the quick fixes, I'm trying to make sure that my characters age and timeline match so I changed that real quick, but I hope this is better than what the timeline looked like before
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Azalea on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:01 pm

Alright, everything matches up. You may put your skills here and any techniques your character knows. You're free to start RPing as soon as you do

Azalea
Admin_Empress
Admin_Empress

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:17 pm

Ah ok thank you, I may need to look at the Shinigami skills and techniques that are available to him as of now.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:11 pm

For my characters skills I might go with Armed combat, Spiritual Combat, Hoho, Reiatsu perception and Hado, all intermediate.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Grym Balthorn on Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:59 am

I wish to add the technique Empty Cicada to my character, I have been looking at other races to see if I wished to change in the future, as of now I would rather get used to what I have right now.
Grym Balthorn
Seated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down