I forgot my password

Account switch
Switch Accounts

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this week

Latest topics
» The Arrival of an American Shinigami. (Open)
Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:16 pm by Grym Balthorn

» She is not One of Us (Open)
Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:33 am by Moebius

» Desolation (Hollow Thread)
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:07 pm by Human Hollow

» The New Lieutenant (Open)
Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:40 pm by Hanzō Judai

» The Empress and the End (Open)
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:33 pm by Grym Balthorn

» Intense Training
Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:01 pm by Hanzō Judai

» Aoiueuitine: Sternritter P- The Prototype (WIP)
Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:59 am by Sternritter P- Prototype

» Sithis Monomyth Captain of Sixth Division(Finished)
Sun May 27, 2018 10:46 pm by Sithis Monomyth

» The Ties That Bind
Fri May 25, 2018 6:51 am by Cat

Medical Checkup (Lany/Va'tet)

Go down

Medical Checkup (Lany/Va'tet)

Post by Lanying Baozhai on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:27 pm

Lany sighed as she stared at the stack of papers on her desk. A good 30% of it was backlog from the last few months as she had been busy recently, what with the disappearance of two captains, the death of her good friend and ally Sabre, along with dozens of other things that as a Noble she had to attend to. And, as she didn't have a lieutenant, the paperwork had stacked up on her desk since then. She gave a casual frown as she sat at her desk, picking at one of the forms and quickly scanning through it.

The one she grabbed was just a simple request for a leave of absence from some random shinigami, so she grabbed at the stamp she had on her desk and stamped her seal on it, giving it the OK. She grabbed at the pile of papers again and proceeded to spend several hours reading through each and every report, approving most, and denying several. It wasn't until she got to a certain folder, not a piece of paper, that she had to stop. Inside the file was a report from the currently MIA Captain Kibo about his semi-recent sanctioned excursion to Heuco Mundo.

As she read through the report, glancing here and there at the images attached with the file, she saw that the captain had retrieved a...missing Shinigami? Why didn't Lany hear about this before? She looked at the date of the report, and saw that it was dated from sometime back in early October. Scratching at her head, she questioned herself, again, why she hadn't heard about it. Then she remembered that there was a party around that time, and Captain Kibo had tried to get her attention at the party, but she had rather rudely brushed him off.

Reading through the report more, she saw that the Shinigami, one Va'tet, was currently in a coma. Lanying recognized the name. Va'tet had been a rather young Shinigami apprenticed to the late Ma'kine. But last Lany had heard, Va'tet had been killed, along with the rest of her squad except for one, well before the outbreak of the Quincy war. Apparently, that report was wrong. The report also indicated that Va'tet had made an...alliance with a rather powerful being, who's signature read as that of a very powerful Hollow...and he was in the 4th division barracks with her. This required her immediate attention.

Lany pushed herself away from her desk, grabbed at her haori, and made her way down to the 4th Division's barracks, flanked by a small group of Omnitsukido members, should things go awry with Va'tet's...friend. She gave a nod to the guard as she approached, and he quickly opened the doors to the barracks. She casually made her way to where Va'tet was being treated, and was met with an odd sight. Va'tet was still a young girl. She looked no older than 16. Slouching beside her bed was a rather...unusual character. She casually read the report in her head, and smiled at the slouched male.

"Hello there. You must be...Muerte, was it? I'm Captain Commander Lanying Baozhai."

She casually reached her hand out in a formal gesture, waiting for the man to shake it.

Species : Oni
Race : Shinigami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Medical Checkup (Lany/Va'tet)

Post by Va'tet on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:48 pm

Muerte had been slouching in a wooden chair when the visitors came into the room. As the Vasto Lorde rose to his feet, a stack of plastic food trays toppled over under his chair. The Hollow Prince was taller than the average man, taller than the girl asleep on the bed beside him. Standing close to seven feet tall, the male looked into the blonde's eyes with his three. His long metal tail, long since regrown after the battle in Hueco Mundo, thumped heavily against the chair, knocking that over as well. The chair landed against a large sack of leather-bound books that was braced against the wall, its contents spilling onto the floor. His black mask failed to hide his annoyance at the cramped space of the room.

"Damn right I'm Muerte. So, you must be the fucker who ordered my girl to break into Las Noches all those years ago, eh? No, wait,
that doesn't add up. That Commander was a man. You're someone new,
" the Hollow said, his clawed fingers moving to his chin in thought. His two main eyes were glazed, and he swayed ever-so-slightly on his feet. But his third eye was bright and alert.

His girl, of course, was the young Vastine woman on the bed, heavily sedated into a coma. Her features were all varying shades of white, from her perfectly flawless skin to her hair and feathers, which ranged from the color of fresh snow to the palest yellow straw. The blanket covered her tall form, rising and falling slowly with her breathing. Her wings were wrapped around her body under said blanket. But, sitting atop the blanket was a very crude-looking scythe, with a short handle and a jagged blade. On the other side of the bed, opposite where Muerte had been sitting, the girl's garments from when she had been admitted sat, a pale pink knightly armor. Under the blanket and wings, she wore only a shift, hidden below the aforementioned.

Muerte looked at the girl in thought, turning back to this Lanying. "You people are going to fix her." It wasn't a question.
Va'tet
Unseated Officer

Species : Vastine Amorte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanying Baozhai on Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:08 am

Lanying frowned, gently closing her eyes as if in thought. She did remember reading a closed report about a mission to Las Noches. But that mission had been labeled a failure.
"If you're talking about the previous Captain Commander...no...I'm not him...He's currently rotting in prison for his heinous crimes against the Gotei. I deposed him when I found out how...insane he actually was."

She casually glanced around. The room was as pristine as one would except for a medical division. Aside from the empty food trays and the machines hooked up to Va'tet, the room was perfectly spotless.

"Of course we're going to fix her, that's why she's here...but, before we do that." She turned her head to the side, directing her attention to the Omnitsukido members behind her. "Leave us...and guard the room. If any of the doctors come, knock."

As the Omnitsukido members left the room, Lanying walked around, casually shutting the blinds to the room as she did so. "Tell me...why would a Hollow such as yourself ally yourself with a Shinigami?" She turned her crimson eyes to the man, her height making her all that more imposing to a lesser man, but she knew that this...Muerte wouldn't be fazed by her stature. "What actually happened all those years ago?"

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Va'tet on Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:30 am

The Hollow turned sideways, resting his hand on the bed. Though his palm lay on the scythe, his thumb lightly stroked the girl's jaw. "She impressed me. She was a child then, more so than now. Just a child, but so strong. So honest and pure. She believed in your Gotei so much. She still does, I suppose."

Muerte hooked an ankle around the chair-leg, pulling it behind him and sitting down smoothly in one motion. His arm that was shaped like a gun lay across his knees. His third eye focused on the Commander, but he was facing Va'tet, remembering back. "Your Commander had ordered her to retrieve a secret weapon of limitless power from Las Noches. Va'tet led her group in for a secret attack, fighting their way past the Arrancar and Hollows to the very heart of Las Noches where the weapon was kept. But, when she arrived there, she learned the only way to obtain the weapon was to murder one's own self, spilling its blood across an altar. She did, without hesitating, because that's what her Commander told her. To retrieve the weapon at any cost. Even if she had to murder her Zanpakuto, killing him with her bare hands when she was only six years old. I saw that, everything in her life, her beliefs and her loyalty. So young, innocent and pure. And I thought to myself, now this one will be fun to break. She never did though. She obtained the power of the Zanpakuto Prince of Death, and used it to save her subordinates from the Espada. Her Second, a cowardly man really, was injured as they escaped.
Va'tet stayed behind to fight off the Espada and the Negativas by herself just so he could escape. I still don't know why. I could never understand that.
She believed, truly, that he'd come back for her. She still thinks he will,
after all this time. I still haven't broken her, shown her the world isn't as pure as she thinks it is.
"

As he had spoken, his voice slowly softened until he was talking as much to himself as to the Commander. But, on the last sentence his voice hardened and he clenched his fist. "That fucker left my girl to die in that place. He abandoned her, left her with nothing but Hollows for six-hundred years. She went insane in that place, waiting for a rescue that was never coming. But even insane, to the point that she needed to rely on a Hollow to keep her together, she wouldn't give up her stupid mission or abandon that camp."
Va'tet
Unseated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanying Baozhai on Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:45 am

As the man started to speak, Lany closed her eyes, listening intently to his description of Va'tet's mission and tried to line it up with the record she had on file. Most of it lined up. It was true that Va'tet had been tasked with leading a secret attack on the Hollows, a mission that should had happened due to the peace they'd had with the Hollows at the time. But a good portion of the records had been lost or destroyed during the civil war, and some of the records from that specific mission had been among the casualties.

When the man finished speaking, Lany opened her crimson eyes again, a gentle frown gracing her features. "I know it doesn't mean much coming from me, but I deeply apologize for everything Va'tet had to go through. If it's any consolation, as I've already said, the man in my position before me was...unhinged and has been severely punished." She casually sat on the edge of the bed, reaching a hand up to brush a strand of hair away from Va'tet's face. "She wasn't the only one to lose a loved one because of that...man." She could feel herself tearing up as she dwelled on the past. Not wanting to look weak in front of this Muerte, she turned away and wiped the fresh tears from her face before looking back at him.

"How long exactly was she in Hueco Mundo, and how did she survive? I've only read a brief report, but I'd rather hear it from someone who actually lived through it."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Va'tet on Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:20 am

Muerte closed his eyes, his clawed hand gripping his own knee as he thought back all those years. "I've been with her since the year you know as 1417. How long she had been there before that, I know not. She survived off the rations the team had left behind for as long as she could, before we eventually resorted to stealing from Las Noches. The Arrancar, you know, they can eat real food, not just souls. But, as time went on it became harder and harder. Eventually, she was forced to eat the flesh of Hollows," Muerte laughed, but there was no humor in his voice.

"She was sick for weeks after that. It hadn't been enough to change her, but she lost a lot of her strength. Eventually, I had to keep her alive myself, or she'd have succumbed to starvation. There were months where she had no food at all except the scraps of Hollow-flesh she could eat but immediate became sick from. She couldn't sleep after that point; only my powers were keeping her alive. If she slept, I wouldn't be able to help her as easily. And that was just the food issue; the Hollow attacks never stopped. If not Hollows, then it was Arrancar. If not them, Espada. Even that bitch Viborahotep wouldn't leave us in peace."

Muerte's hand clenched and his tail thumped the ground angrily. He stood again, placing his hand on the girl's arm. "If it was anyone else, with any other Zanpakuto, they'd have died. I mean that quite literally.
Nobody could have survived that long without food, or sleep, have their body broken that way. Hell, she did better than I did, back then,
" at the last, Muerte's voice was rather wistful, with more than a touch of pride in the girl. "She used to say she knew she would survive because the Commander ordered her to finish the mission. And she couldn't disobey an order, she said. Which reminds me."

Muerte turned from the girl, grabbing the leather bag full of books and lifting it single-handily. "I saved as many of her Mission Logs as I could. She wrote an entry every single night, or rather, whatever passed for night for her. I could only grab this bag; the others are either destroyed or stolen during the attack we escaped from." He tossed the bag of books, hundreds of leather-bound notebooks, towards the Oni, but away from the bed.

"Now, to more important topics. Where is the Shinigami known as Kamiori Uso, Va'tet's former Second. I doubt that coward's done anything to get himself killed these last hundred years; other than the fucking obvious mistake he made," Muerte growled angrily. The Vasto Lorde's spiritual pressure suddenly spiked, rising enormously before hitting some upper-limit. Whatever that limit was, it seemed to be capping his own spiritual pressure, because he wasn't exerting himself currently; he was just furious. In truth, the limit was the maximum spiritual pressure of his wielder, Va'tet. Limited by his owner's own limits.
Va'tet
Unseated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanying Baozhai on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:00 pm

Lanying listened intently to the hollow. Va'tet had been through much more than she had initially thought. And to even be forced to go so far as to consume the flesh of a hollow and not change? That took immense willpower. As the hollow finished speaking, Lanying would smile down at Va'tet, looking at her as a mother would look to their own child.

"Kamiori Uso?" Lanying closed her eyes and brought a hand up to her chin. "From what I remember, he was...at the First division during the final battle of the Civil War...as far as I know, he's either dead, or in hiding." She opened her eyes as she finished speaking, staring directly at the hollow. "But even if he was alive, know that neither I, nor any other member of the Gotei would appreciate a hollow such as yourself killing one of us, even if he is a traitor and has committed treason."

As Lanying spoke, Inei Ojou had decided to manifest herself into the room. "So this is the so called Prince of Death we've read about? I expected more." The upper body was the first to speak, a gentle smirk graced her feminine features, her voice soft and wispy. "He doesn't look that strong...can I eat him? Please? I haven't had a meal in so long~!" The lower half spoke in a much deeper tone, but still had a feminine voice.

Lany sighed and gently pat the lower half of her Zanpakuto spirit. "No you can't eat him. Plus, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't taste very good, or appreciate you eating him." Lany looked over at Meurte, an apologetic smile on her face. "I'm sorry about them. They like to come out whenever they want, especially on important stuff like this."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Va'tet on Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:52 pm

Muerte's gaze shifted towards the new spirit in the room. His three eyes narrowed in concentration before he crossed his arms as best he could. "And what are you, some kind of mutant Zanpakuto Spirit or something? And it's Prince Muerte, by the way. It's my name," he said before his head swiveled back to Va'tet an instant before her eyes started fluttering.

"Muerte... must protect... Kibo... get him... to safety..." the young girl's eyes were completely glazed as she started shaking her head and struggling in the bed. Her voice was soft, barely above a whisper, but was completely lacking in any emotion. Not knowing where she was, she struggled to sit up, fighting weakly against the blanket over her.

Muerte was immediately kneeling beside her, his claws on her shoulder and pushing her back down. "Shh, Va'tet, it's okay, it's okay. You're safe, you made it. You're home now, my Shinigami. You're home, and it's going to be all okay now, I promise," The Vasto Lorde's voice was calming and soothing, and any pretense that he didn't love, in his own twisted way, Va'tet was gone. She looked up at him, not seeing the rest of the room or its occupants, but laying back under his guidance. "You're home, Va'tet. Everything's going to be much better now, okay? I'll even get the Commander to bring that Ma'kine fellow you told me so much about to come visit you. But you need to rest and regain your strength. You know I'll never leave you, my Shinigami."

Va'tet's glazed gaze focused on Muerte's face as she lay back, looking at him as she stopped moving around and her breathing slowed. Throughout the exchange, her expression never changed, but she was not struggling anymore. "Ma...kine...? I would... like that... It'd be... very nice to...
see him. I did... good, right? Was the Commander proud of me, Muerte?
I brought you here, just like he asked.
"
Va'tet
Unseated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanying Baozhai on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:10 am

Lany was about to answer Muerte, but was interrupted by Va'tet's stirring. She silently walked over to the door, cracked it open just slightly, and motioned for the Omnitsukido members to get one of the doctors before closing it back up. She didn't know what to say at the moment. Ma'kine had died years ago due to an incident regarding her former lieutenant...not only that, but the Commander that this girl knew was...well for lack of a better term, incapacitated. So, Lanying sighed to herself, straightened herself to her full height, and took on her usual air of nobility.

"Mistress Va'tet, I'm not sure if you remember me, but I'm Lanying Baozhai. We never got the chance to have a proper conversation before your mission but...a lot has happened in your absence." Lanying was trying hard to beat around the bush, as she didn't want to cause the just awoken girl to go into shock...however...Inei Ojou, not being as tact as Lanying, decided to break the news. "What she's not saying is that Ma'kine is dead, shame I didn't get to eat him."

Lanying's noble air was gone instantly, her usual beautiful features replaced with a dark scowl. "Soul Queen dammit..." She snapped her fingers, causing Inei Ojou to vanish entirely. She quickly tried to recover after that, but decided that she couldn't, and a solemn expression graced her features. "Unfortunately, my spirit was correct...Ma'kine...is dead. And...in your absence, I became the Commander...I'll explain it all to you when you're in a much better position to handle this news, but for now, you should rest."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Va'tet on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:36 am

Va'tet turned her gaze, suddenly sharp as a raptor's, onto the other woman, having just noticed her. Her conversation with Muerte forgotten in just a few words as the Vastine girl turned paler than before, her blood turning cold.

"He is... dead...? Ma'kine is... dead? But...," the seventeen year old shook her head, shrugging Muerte's hand off as she sat higher in the bed. "I just saw Ma'kine the day before we left. How could he have... died so quickly? And the Commander is gone...? It has... It has only been a few weeks at the most, Muerte, I do not understand. Where did the Commander go, I need to talk to him to report back."

Though the girl's voice didn't change in pitch or tone, came no quicker, there was a dull fire behind her sharp bird-like eyes, a smoldering flame of anger that she lacked the ability to express.

Muerte turned to the Oni, his eyes hard and his face set in a grim determination. "Real fucking subtle," he half-muttered.
Va'tet
Unseated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanying Baozhai on Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:44 am

Lanying sighed and gently reached her hand out in an attempt to caress the young girl's cheek.

"You poor thing...I...I can't explain all of it right now. Just rest and I promise that I'll explain it when I can."

As she spoke, there was a loud knock on the door, and several medical staff entered the room, not even bothering to usher Lany or Muerte out of the room before going over Va'tet's vital signs along with everything else. In the commotion, Lanying had grabbed at Muerte's arm and dragged him out of the room into the hallway.

"First off...let me apologize." The Oni bent down at an almost perfect 90 degree angle. "I meant to break the news to her softly. Let her get accustomed to life back in the Seireitei. Let her realize on her own that...things have changed."

She held the bow, waiting for the hollow to answer her.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Va'tet on Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:11 am

In the room, Va'tet struggled in vain against the medics, trying to understand what these men and women were doing to her.

Outside in the hall, Muerte glowered at the Oni, not letting their size difference get to him. With a gruff noise, he muttered for her to straighten up. He certainly hadn't been enjoying the view with his third eye. As he looked away from the Oni woman, his cheeks were scarlet but he tried to pretend it was from anger. "Va'tet doesn't know how much time has passed. Damn it, she's stuck in the past and just can't understand the world anymore. Damn it, damn it all, this is my fault. I shouldn't have brought those two up without knowing if he was still alive. I just... the way the girl talked,
you'd thought he'd live forever.
"
Va'tet
Unseated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lanying Baozhai on Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:16 am

Lany smiled politely as she straightened herself. She casually walked into one of the empty rooms, getting out of the way of incoming medics and patients, politely pulling Muerte along with her. She then casually shut the door, releasing a heavy sigh as she did so, heavily leaning back against the door, crossing her legs in front of her for balance.

"There was a time when I too thought Ma'kine would live forever. But...fate had...other ideas."

Lany never looked down as she recounted the tale of what had transpired since Va'tet left for her mission. How the Gotei had been sent off to war against the Quincy, and nearly lost. How the Commander at the time had seemed to have gone insane, so Lany, Ma'kine, and several others marched against him in a bloody and painful civil war that lasted for years. She then felt the tears roll down as she explained how a dear friend had hollowfied and killed Ma'kine.

"And yes, he was buried with dignity and honor. His grave is in a place of honor that I can always see whenever I'm in my office."

The oni woman casually looked down, wiping the fresh tears from her face.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Va'tet on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:14 am

The Hollow shifted, his wings rustling uncomfortably. "Damn lady... Don't go getting all emotional around me. That's Emoción's thing, not mine..."

The Prince turned away, trying, and most likely failing, to maintain his cruel self-image. Damn, he thought, that girl's gone and made me soft like that fool. His long tail betrayed him, however, for the still-healing end reached out, pressing against the Oni's chin and pushing her head back up. He scowled before throwing his hands up.

"Look, its none of my business, nor do I care. But it's important to my girl. Therefore it's my priority. She's getting better, has been since we got our asses kicked by that bitch Viborahotep again. But she'll likely forget all about his death and think he's still alive unless we show her. So we gotta bring her to this geezer's grave now, while she's lucid enough to understand."

Muerte's eyes darted around as a thought occurred to him. "Oh, and just a little warning. The Hollows are not going to be happy that Va'tet's safe. Stealing from us was a serious breach of the peace.
See, I keep up with the times. I know you Soul Reapers,
" Muerte used the offensive slang casually, "Quincy and the Hollows haven't been going at it lately. If you want my opinion its because you children are all too soft, but I'm just the Prince who led Hueco Mundo's greatest army, what could I possibly know." What Muerte neglected to mention, of course, was that his army was neither the largest nor most powerful of the Prince's. Vido and Vez both ruled far greater swaths of land back during their prime.

Which, now that he thought about, would last forever since they couldn't age due to their current situations. He swore loudly as he realized he'd always be weaker than those two idiots.
Va'tet
Unseated Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down