» Character Theme songs
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:17 pm by Azalea

» Racial Techniques (WIP)
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:41 pm by Azalea

» It's a Party! (Invite only)
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:40 pm by Non-Player Character

» Changing Race on Damnation
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:51 pm by Azalea

» The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:51 am by The Wandering Scholar

» Flames of Redemption (A What If Plot)
Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:16 am by Shiroki

» End of Waiting (Va'tet/Kibo)
Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:22 am by Va'tet

Flames of Redemption (A What If Plot)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Flames of Redemption (A What If Plot)

Post by Ma'kine on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:55 am

Ma'kine's spiritual pressure rose drastically when the Lieutenant used kido against him, though his Shunko was lost in the effort. Hanki, also called the Reverse Demon for obvious reasons, too a great deal of finesse to pull off accurately. Or you could just overpower everything thrown at you using brute strength as Ma'kine just done.

Several fires erupted in the area around Ma'kine as he deflected both Kido using an overwhelming amount of Spiritual energy. Ma'kine was wreathed in the ensuing flames but they didn't burn him as he stepped slowly toward the Lieutenant, a sad smile on his face.

"I also taught you to pick your battles more carefully, young hatchling. And, Captain Kibo, it seems I'm not as strong as I once was either. Hopefully this will be an experience for us both. Though, I'm sure Infanaruasshu Tori laments we haven't used her powers in so very long."

At the wall, the harpy gave a musical laugh, saying something to the effect that she was happy as long as the sun was shining and Ma'kine was happy.
Ma'kine

Species : Vastine Amorte
Race : Shinigami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:43 am

For a moment it almost felt like being in the 1700s again, getting schooled in the ancient art of butt-kicking. He could even hear the other trainees shouting incantations and feel the sizzle of badly aimed kido spells.

Nope. That sizzle just now wasn't a flashback, it was all too real. He forced himself back into the present only to see the old teacher wreathed in flames. Probably not actual flames since fire didn't reach temperatures like that; but rather reiatsu in the shape of fire. Didn't matter either way, if it was going to burn all the same.

Common sense insisted he recall his zanpakuto and activate Shikai, but he fought that impulse. He wanted to restrict himself to kido since that would be what Ma'kine was limited to; and win this re-match against the ex-Grand-Kido-Chief on his own terms. The situation demanded nothing less. And furthermore, if neither of them could overpower a single unarmed opponent outnumbered two to one they weren't fit to be anything higher than Fifth Seat.

Alright then, got his attention. Now what?

The explosive kido trap had only been a low level hado, so he did not expect very much of it. That had perhaps been a weakness; not playing for keeps. Out in the field, facing an enemy of Ma'kine's level nothing short of 90s Hado would do. But even if he could pull off spells like that; he risked putting his 'ally' in harm's way.

Had this been a real situation, he would have thought nothing of it of course. As Shinigami every single one of them would be prepared to throw their lives away the moment they picked up an Asauchi and went into the field. So if it came down to it he would gladly sacrifice teammates to bring about the desired outcome if that was what it took. In this case however, he suspected that such a thing might just be overkill. The Commander wouldn't be amused if Captain Seven got caught in some technique and killed.

Hado; then, was out of the question. He did not know the Captain as well as he ought. Did not know the manner in which the other fought, or how he would react to the unexpected. Unlike with his squad, Shiro could not count on them being able to move and support each other as a unit. The way they were now, it would be very easy for Ma'kine to play them one against the other; to make them slip up and get caught in each others' attacks instead of working together. In fact, come to think about it--that may well have been what the sly old bird had in mind all along.

Sneaky, Ojii-san. Very sneaky...

This meant that the options were few: He was not resorting to the zanpakuto. Hado was out; for fear of catching his ally in the crossfire. Bakudo was also a problem; seeing how it was Sensei himself who edited the wiki on that subject. So was Shunko for obvious reasons--he lacked the proper Hakuda foundations for it to be more than a pretty display; all show and no substance.

Does he know that though? What if he whipped up some nice special effects with Shunko--laid on the real fancy staff with elemental armor and all; then hit him with the Bakudo while Sensei was good and distracted? Yep. Sounds like a plan.

So he gathered energies inside him, cloaking himself in protective layers of his own reiatsu. Unlike the others; his manifested not as lightning or as flames but wispy tendrils of dark smoke which hung about his person like a shroud. The visual effect it had was a sinister one, compounded by the apparent force of reiatsu exuded along with it--overwhelming pressure he had to concentrate to expel through his reiryoku channels. While this ran contrary to the usual practice of sealing energy to avoid wastage, he was going for the opposite effect as an intimidation tactic. With any luck, Ma'kine might think this outpouring of power was his normal state and focus on the wrong thing.

So he pushed in more and more, feeling his jacket blow apart from the sheer force released. Though the sun continued to shine, the very surroundings around them darkened somehow--burdened by a shadowy killing intent that sapped resolve from all those in the vicinity while rendering anyone below a Captain unable to stand.

Most of these energies he focused around one hand to create an ethereal claw-weapon brimming with power. From there it was a simple matter to shunpo round to ambush Ma'kine from the back, apparently concentrating all efforts into one shunko-laden punch.

All fluff and filler, of course. If it even connected, its target wouldn't feel it. Looked damn impressive though. Impressive enough for those on the receiving end to pay attention to instead of certain other things--

--such as what he was doing with his other hand for instance:

"Bakudo 75: Gochu Tekkan," he cast rapidly from point-blank range, layering on the incantation afterwards to strengthen it further--a binding delivered from ambush that few would be able to escape. "Wall of iron sand. Tower formed from hate. Forge molten iron and finish in silence,"

And because this was Ma'kine--an opponent--that demanded nothing less; he added on a second Bakudo on the heels of the first, ready to cast even before the iron pillars of Gochu Tekkan descended to pin its target flat. "Bakudo #79: Kuyo Shibari,"

There--take that, Sensei.

Hopefully Captain Seven would recognize the opportunity for what it was and do something about it. He couldn't keep throwing bindings at Ma'kine one after another forever, after all.

Combat:

Bakudo 75: Gochu Tekkan (summons five iron pillars to fall from sky and pin a target to the ground; used by Hachi on Ichigo)
Bakudo 79: Kuyo Shibari (creates black holes around a target; used by Urahara against Aizen)
Shunko: Beginner. No damage, but very flashy and loud
Shiroki

Species : Werewolf

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagayakashi Kibo on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:27 am

Kibo whistled at the lieutenant's bakudos. It took real skill to use two high leveled bakudos at quick succession. He was impressed.

"Now that's something lieutenant! Next, I guess its my turn. Limit of the thousands hands, respectful hands, unable to touch the darkness. Shooting hands unable to reflect the blue sky. The road that basks in light, the wind that ignited the embers, time that gathers when both are together, there is no need to be hesitant, obey my orders. Light bullets, eight bodies, nine items, book of heaven, diseased treasure, great wheel, grey fortress tower. Aim far away, scatter brightly and cleanly when fired. Senju Koten Taiho!"

He had decided to go with the full incantation to compensate for him not being at his full power. As an added measure, he had even laced the ten orbs of energy with his own shunko reiatsu. This would surely push the old man to use something spectacular.
Kagayakashi Kibo

Species : Human

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'kine on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:47 am

Ma'kine nodded his head after witnessing the Werewold pup's Shunko. Ma'kine did nothing as the Bakudo fell upon him, giant pillars crushing his body to the ground followed by nine small black holes, including on located upon his chest that all seemed to suck in his flames. Ma'kine gave a grunt as the Hado slammed into his chest, shocking him with the unexpected.

But he was Ma'kine, once called the Final One and the Undying. It'd take far greater Kido than this to best him, and he smiled more, the expression filled with untold sadness on his face. Buried under Bakudo, suppressed physically and having his flames sucked up, Ma'kine spoke for the two Shinigami to hear.

"Layering Bakudo behind one another to seal my body and my flames, while creating an opening for Captain Kibo. In any other situation, top marks, Lieutenant. And you, Captain, infusing your Shunko's electricity into the Hado was good thinking. But you both forgot your place and overstepped your bounds. My Kido... Is greater than yours combined." There was a brief flare of Spiritual Energy, lasting only several breaths, but that was all the warning the two youngsters had before the Bakudo around Ma'kine was wreathed in a giant red pillar, shaped like a katana's tip.

"Itto Kaso," Ma'kine's voice came from within the pillar before it was sucked into itself. The power of the forbidden Hado was great enough with its name spoken after to obliterate the kido around him, and as the spell Ma'kine cast was sucked back into himself before it could reach full strength, his broken wings turned black and cracks of red flame burned through them. With a cry of pain, Ma'kine felt his wings turn to ash. But he remained on his feet with only burns on his back where his wings had once been.
Ma'kine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:56 pm

And here was his chance. For one fleeting moment the target was approachable; no longer shrouded in destructive barriers of shunko or kido to keep opponents at bay. Open. Vulnerable.

"I always choose my battles, Sensei." It took a matter of moments to flash-step over and cling tightly to Ma'kine, arms squeezing tight. "If you find yourself fighting me...that means you probably already lost--"

The remainder of his words were cut off by a stifled grunt as a soaring blade zipped out of nowhere, piercing him through with a superficial wound that somehow avoided the bones and emerging from the other end to speed past Ma'kine faster than the eye can see--likely grazing him in the process.

To anyone unable to follow the speed of those movements, however, it would have appeared that his own sword spirit had just stabbed him in the back. She stood beside them now, one paw still holding the blade running her owner through, the other weapon resting in a relaxed attitude on one bony shoulder.

"Bakudo #73: Tozansho," A pyramid began to spring up around them. "And before you ask, Sensei... No, this barrier isn't meant to confine you--it's meant to protect Cap'n Seven over there from both me and you,"

"I'm sure you already know what my Shikai does," Too bad the Captain over there probably couldn't hear what was going on inside the barrier; he had an awesome victory speech prepared. "Fetches anythin' it cuts, right? Lousy power ain't it, not like floaty swords or big fires or whatever? I thought so too, an' then I found out more ways to use it: Rocks. Buildings. Mountains... I could crush us under friggin' Sokyoku Hill if I wanted to. But for now we're trying somethin' else..."

He nodded to Inukaze; who tugged, and then--

Familiar reiatsu filled the air; unstable combinations of red and yellow. "Recognize these, Sensei? It's from your shunko earlier, and Cap'n Seven's too, and also...Itto Kaso," Once more recalled back into existence, the reiatsu trails were drawn back through towards them, easily passing the pyramid. And why not? They were just raw energy traces. The barrier would not obstruct them.

"Did you think Hado and Shunko just vanishes after you use 'em to hit something? Nah, you know better'n that Sensei. They don't vanish. Energy can't vanish, only changes to some new form. It don't even matter if the original destructive form ain't there anymore; once I cut it while it was there, I can call it back anytime I like. Or did you think Hado was fetchless?"

On hindsight, that had sounded way cooler in his head. Wait, was 'fetchless' even a word?

"It isn't. Whatcha think Inukaze has been doin' all this time we've been fighting? She's been zipping around, stickin' her claws where they don't belong, poking here and there at all our Shunkos and Hados we've cast so far. And all of that's comin' back to us; right now..." The energies around them built to a dangerous climax. "You say our combined Kidos aren't a match for you, Sensei. You're right--so I'm gonna need to use more than our combined Kidos, right? I think YOUR Shunko and Kido energies added to the mix should do the trick,"

"Best give up now, before you're roasted to a crisp from your own reiatsu..." Shiroki shut his eyes as power glowed white all around them, activating his next Recall to phase himself safely past the blast.

That right there? That was cool. Wicked cool.
Shiroki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagayakashi Kibo on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:29 pm

Kibo was surprised by the actions of the lieutenant and even more so by the build up of reiatsu that followed. Wait, was that his reiatsu mixed in that as well?! Looks like the lieutenant is an interesting guy. He dispelled his shunko and prepared a bakudo as a contingency. He definitely didn't want to get caught in the storm that was about to brew. But, it would definitely be something to look at.
Kagayakashi Kibo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'kine on Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:23 am

Ma'kine raised an eyebrow in thought. Clever, very clever. But the hatchling was still a thousand years too early to pull off a trick like this and hope to best Ma'kine. At some point between the Werewolf's monologue and him phasing out of reality, Ma'kine chuckled, thumbing his zanpakuto. "Time to stretch your wings, Infanaruasshu Tori," he muttered.

As the swirls of energy coalesced upon him, Ma'kine's voice called out quite clearly through the rippling energy. "Bankai, Eien no Ribaibinguraputā." The energies taken by Shiroki were forced backwards, and the pyramid bakudo blown apart as Ma'kine's Bankai took shape. The first sensation was the sound of hundreds of thousands of birds chirping as flames erupted around Ma'kine's body. The second sensation was the immediate lack of moisture in the air as the intense heat of Ma'kine's bankai evaporated every drop of moisture in the vicinity.

The creature that shattered the Bakudo was an immense two-headed bird made entirely of fire. The beaks alone were measured in feet, and forked tongues licked the beak and the rows of sharp teeth growing inside. At over ninety feet tall, a wingspan far greater than that, the bird radiated power, raw and unrefined. It wasn't merely powerful, it was power. It was the bankai of one of the oldest, if not the oldest, of Shinigami and the twin-headed bird gave a deep call that shook the ground.

While the raptor was impressive, Ma'kine had activated his bankai for the pleasant side effect of its power. Uragiri no kyohi, Ma'kine's 'Denial of Betrayal'. The passive power of his bankai was so great that no flame, electricity or plasma could harm him without his expressed consent, not even his own or Kido.

After several heartbeats of Ma'kine standing there, body shrouded by flames while holding his Zanpakuto in one hand, he looked at Shiroki again. "Once again, young Shiroki, you both overestimate your own skill and underestimate my own. Using flame and electricity, my own kido no less, on me? Perhaps its not me but you who needs to return to the Academy," Ma'kine said boldly, his hand on his hip as the massive bird came to rest beside him and he stroked one of its beaks. Ma'kine knew if he didn't seal his flames, the whole area would die from lack of moisture, and the raptor beside him pulsed with power before its body collapsed in on itself and all the fire and heat seemed to vanish alongside it.

Kneeling beside Ma'kine, the Vastine Amorte with his hand on its head, was a demonic looking chimera of a Vasto Lorde. It had a humanoid body, wearing thick black armor. The shoulders resembled the heads of sharks, and growing from the spine was a long, armored tail ending in a spiked club. It had a human head, but the face could only be described as demonic with a smile that was far too wide. Atop its head were a crown of horns, and the two over the temples were significantly larger than the rest.

"Captain Kibo, Lieutenant Shiroki... I'd like you both to meet Barranst Wanderquiest, better known in the history textbooks as the Smiling Hollow. He's going to play with you two since you seem to look down on your elders," Ma'kine said sarcastically as the Vasto Lorde slowly rose to his full nine feet and eight inches height. Ma'kine walked backwards towards the wall his Zanpakuto had been sunbathing on, though she was nowhere to be seen. The Vasto Lorde, however, fixed his empty eyes on the two Shinigami and raised one long arm, letting the long sword-like protrusions growing from each forearm slide alonside each other.
Ma'kine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:11 am

Apparently it was going to be two on two then. He should've known from the start that Ma'kine wasn't going to play fair. Fine by him, since he didn't intend to be fair either.

Actually, truth be told it was going to be two on three--Ma'kine's zanpakuto had once more been reincorporated back into his being on the activation of Bankai, but Inukaze was still here when last he checked. So far it seemed that fact had gone unnoticed.

Not for long, if what he had in mind actually worked. This would not be an orthodox approach. In fact, it could barely be called a legal move; when comparing it to a game of chess what he was planning would be the equivalent of picking up the game board and chucking it straight across the room.

And why not? Ojii-san didn't seem like he played by the rules either, so why should he?

"Inukaze, stay here with Captain-san and play with the nice hollow. Sensei, you're comin' with me,"

Before any of them could react, he went into shunpo--charting a course leading directly to the temporary lockup housed in Squad 2's barracks itself. While it wasn't the Repentance Cell, it was built to a higher standard than cells in the other Divisions, incorporating SekiSeki stone into its very foundations. Other than a few drunks detained for disorderly conduct, there were no occupants at the moment. That was about to change.

"Alright, everyone out! Anyone still sober--drag those who aren't," ignoring the bemused stares of squad and inmates alike, he marched into the cell, shooed everyone out, and locked himself in. "Brace yourselves,"

And then he activated his remaining Recall; from where Inukaze's blade had brushed past Ma'kine after cutting its wielder. Whether he wanted to or not Ma'kine would be arriving shortly, Fetched by the ability of his shikai to a holding cell created entirely from sekiseki stone where he would be completely unable to call up any of his energy. There was no avoiding it. Fetch was not dependent on strength; or even the reiatsu levels between wielder and target. Whatever it marked; be it fresh recruit or even the Commander itself, it could Fetch--simple as that.

What would you do if I hauled your feathery butt back to jail again, Sensei? And sealed off those fancy powers?

He didn't know, but by Kami it was gonna be fun to find out. Just seeing the look upon the man's face when he found himself back in the lockup would be worth it.

"Stop starin' and evacuate," he scolded the duty cell officer. "Send someone to fetch the Cap'n and Cap'n commander, then clear out. Unless you wanna be here when feathers hit the fan in three...two...one--"

...Showtime.
Shiroki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagayakashi Kibo on Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:01 am

Kibo sighed. The lieutenant just took off leaving behind his zanpakuto spirit. The old man let a vasto lorde after them. What next? The commander to come calling?!! Well, he wasn't in the best of the shapes, so bankai was out of option. Shikai was okay but it would be a last resort as well. Very well, he would stick to his shunko and kido for now. And once again, lightening burst around his body, his shunko coming to life.
Kagayakashi Kibo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'kine on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:48 am

Ma'kine had been about to lean back against the wall, hoping the cool stone would feel soothing on his newly burned back. He had planned to watch his former students have a nice, relaxing bout with his long-defeated rival.

Currently, however, as he felt his body pulled up and through the air, he wondered if plans always went awry, or if this was the Soul Queen's idea of a joke, to ruin his day out of prison by compiling one insult atop the next. First he was homeless, then told to go back to the Academy, and now here he was, being pulled through the air by the Lieutenant's Zanpakuto's ability. For it had to be the Werewolf's; nobody else he had ever taught acted as rashly and without clear thought as him.

And so Ma'kine was slightly unsurprised to find himself on the ground by the Lieutenant, landing ungracefully on his back and wincing. He wasn't used to not having wings. He blinked his rainbow colored eyes as he hauled himself up into a sitting position, recognizing where he was and frowning. Sekkisekki stone...? That wasn't good.

Ma'kine shook his head before looking at the youngster, eyes scanning for Kibo. "Well... It seems your reflexes and speed are just fine, hatchling, but you've attacked the wrong person. You were supposed to fight Barran- Oh, this isn't good. Hopefully Lady Baozhai doesn't see him. She'll be most cross," Ma'kine said, thinking aloud as he climbed stiffly to his feet and patted his Vastech, frowning when he couldn't find his Zanpakuto. It must still have been by the wall. Damn it all.

Back at the sparring area, the Hollow shuddered and hunched over, then righted itself. Wheres before the eyes were blank whites, now they contained bright red irises that locked onto the Shinigami. The Vasto Lorde straightened, his body moving far more fluidly and gracefully now that he was out of Ma'kine's control. The demonic creature slashed its sword-arms downwards, dragging the tips along the ground to create a grating noise. Its breath came out as deep, raspy growls as it took a step forward.

"Hello... Friend."
Ma'kine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:19 am

Credit where credit's due, he caught on pretty quick.

On the surface everything had appeared very cut-and-dried: Ma'kine in Bankai--not good. Hollow--also not good. But if the fact that said Hollow was part of Ma'kine's Bankai were true, then removing his ability to actually do Bankai should have made the Hollow go poof. The obvious solution: bring Sensei somewhere that would restrict their powers, win by default and go back to rejoin a very confused Captain Seven after the monster disappeared.

There was the slim likelihood that Ma'kine was lying to him, but another glance at the man shattered his hopes in that possibility. Sensei was...not exactly rattled per se, but as uneasy as someone such as him could actually be. Panicking or throwing a fit was below him of course, but this was the most uncertain he had ever seen his teacher be. And Shiro had been present during the class where some gung ho schoolmate set fire to the entire room using Hado. Back then Sensei hadn't done so much as blinked.

Which meant that right now things were likely screwed.

"Looks like you'll still be gettin' what you wanted, Sensei," The sudden upsurge of powerful reiatsu nearby made him wince. "I'm gonna lend Seven a hand. For Kami's sake stay put and don't do anything else--I don't need to be stabbed in the back while tryin' to sort this out,"

That said, Shiroki barreled out of the cell and went into flash-step as soon as he was far enough from its draining properties. He drew his baton from his obi, counting on his unit to get the signal and rally to his call.

Crap. We both were in the cell, that means Inukaze...

Shiro didn't bother to continue that line of thought, only poured more effort into his shunko. Crap-crap-crap. Captain Seven would be facing that...thing alone. He only hoped he could reach in time before everything went to hell.

Because...he knew this Hollow. Heard of it, at least--like everyone in his year at the Academy. Freakin' thing was almost an urban legend after all. The Smiling Scourge. Bane of the Baozhai. Spectre of the Sands... It had a list of titles as long as Inukaze's chain. Longer. And he didn't think it had earned those titles by serving you tea and cakes.

Faster, dammit. Faster, faster, faster!

Thank Kami though, it seemed nothing had happened yet. Either the Captain had been better than he'd feared or Hollow-san had been one of those who liked toying with their prey. That suited him just fine. The Captain was also keeping it engaged--that was even better.

"Fetch, Inukaze," Shiro flash-stepped into perfect flanking position behind the monster, wasting no time in sending one bladed chain streaking for that abomination's neck. It was a Hollow, so aiming for the non-existent heart would be next to useless. He would have to settle for rupturing some other major organs, or better yet...a decapitation instead.

Now, if he could only get that thing to turn around and present a better target... Wouldn't want to hit the Captain by mistake. People could get annoyed by that, he knew.

"Oi! Tall, Black and Smiley! Over here!"
Shiroki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kagayakashi Kibo on Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:04 am

Oh great! Just what he needed, another fight with a ridiculously powerful enemy. Why was life so unfair towards him? All he wanted was to stretch his muscles a but. But now, all he got was some stress that he hadn't signed up for. On top of that, both the old man and the lieutenant had just upped and away. Whatever, now he had an opponent to worry about.

"Friend? You referring to me? You must be mistaken. Your friend is the old man. I am just your everyday shinigami with a higher post than usual"

He wanted to stall the battle for as long as possible. In fact, he wanted to avoid the battle if it were actually possible. Yet, he knew that a battle would come whether he liked it or not. And just as he was about to burst at the hollow with shunko, the lieutenant arrived.

Wait! Wasn't he supposed to be with the old man? Either way, he would wait to see what would happen for now.
Kagayakashi Kibo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Non-Player Character on Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:26 am

Spoiler:
Playing as the Smiling Hollow
Stats-
Armed Combat: Master
Spiritual Combat: Master
Hoho: Intermediate
Reiatsu Perception: Advanced
Hierro: Grandmaster
Cero: Grandmaster
Bala: Beginner

Barranst's smile grew larger as he continued walking towards the Captain, his swords gouging the ground. His breath misted despite the warm air. "That half-man is no friend of mine," he affirmed, using a very old racial term for non-humans. "I'll kill him slowly for what he'd done. But first... I'm starving."

The long-dead Vasto Lorde pointed one sword towards the Captain. At the tip of the sword growing from his arm, black and silver energy started to swirl, growing steadily into a large orb of energy as he charged a Cero.

Barranst didn't react to the sudden appearance of the child. The weapon struck his neck, bouncing off the incredibly hard black skin. He didn't falter or flinch, and ignored the child entirely. "Cero tormenta," Barranst growled. 'Cero Storm'.

The large Cero split, sending ten regularly sized Cero blasts towards the Captain, all carrying his black and silver coloration. The Ceros moved in a wide ring and sped towards the Captain.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ma'kine on Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Ma'kine moved stiffly. He couldn't flash-step currently. Too off balance without his wings. He wondered as he made his way at a walking pace back towards the training grounds if all non-Vastine Amorte persons felt this awkward constantly. Doors seemed wider now that he didn't have to go through sideways.

He could feel the disturbances going on outside, though, and started walking faster. He wasn't confident where he was going, though. Eventually, he grew annoyed and let his own energy rise, burning a hole through the nearest wall and moved steadily towards the training grounds again, hoping Lanying wouldn't feel the powerful Vasto Lorde and somehow blame him.
Ma'kine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Shiroki on Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:16 am

With a flick of a wrist, Shiro altered Inukaze's trajectory once it had bounced off the opponent's outer hide to send it through each of the Ceros instead.

Stupid hierro. That was cheating, plain and simple. And as far as he knew, there was only one way to deal with cheaters:

Cheat better

Apparently, Smiley had discounted him as a non-threat in favour of Captain barbecue. And he was never one to look a gift horse in the mouth...

Using shunpo, Shiro flash-stepped closer, leveraging smaller size to scoot himself between the monstrosity's legs. He dialed down his spiritual outflow as he did so and drove one blade into the sand right to its hilt, not wanting to give away his position before he had to. With the other, he scratched a shallow nick in one arm.

Then he busied himself piling Recall after Recall; first trying for Barranst itself, then the Ceros, the earth beneath them and finally himself. Hopefully Captain Seven over there was good at taking cues, because his current location was going to become Ground Zero really fast.

"Say goodnight, Smiley,"
Shiroki

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top