Log in

I forgot my password

Account switch
Switch Accounts


Search
 
 

Display results as :
 


Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this week
Shiroki
 
Taiyo Pekku
 
Non-Player Character
 
Va'tet
 

Latest topics
» It's a Party! (Invite only)
Yesterday at 3:59 pm by Taiyo Pekku

» The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)
Yesterday at 11:17 am by Shiroki

» End of Waiting (Va'tet/Kibo)
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:57 pm by Va'tet

» From Kagamino with Love (Open)
Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:41 pm by Shiroki

» Idol Singer, Stunted Words (OPEN)
Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:52 am by Shiroki

» Flames of Redemption (A What If Plot)
Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:04 am by Kagayakashi Kibo

» List of important Terms and their definitions
Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:31 pm by Nocens

» Schiedsrichter A - UNFINISHED
Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:47 pm by [ A ]

» Infestation Training thread (Open/Hanzo)
Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:13 pm by Shiroki


The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by Shiroki on Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:24 am

Original contest rules eh? That was nearly as surprising as the sight before him; something that bore ominous resemblance to a zanpakuto's second release. It called to mind Captain Tsuyosa's own notorious Bankai, which also modified her attire beyond that of the sword alone. It was clear enough that this clad-type release was a more powerful form, but he remained in the dark as to its capabilities. Would her defenses be increased now that the mortal appeared to be armored in bone? And if so, would Inukaze be able to pierce through? He had not aimed to stab thus far; knowing the bloodthirsty nature of his sword release. The title of Hellhound had not been given lightly: whatever he aimed at; he cut, and whatever he cut; he caught. Whether the target remained conscious or even living when he did it was another story entirely.

Maybe the human was old school; one of those professionals who would consider nothing short of the real thing true training. He could accept that. Battles were confusing things, and if you had to win by layering Bakudo after Bakudo on your opponent; then that was what you did, nevermind being creative. He resigned himself to a long haul--this was the type of opponent he would have avoided facing in a real situation; one that would be troublesome to encounter and likely requiring lots of different tactics to overcome. For such things, his usual response would be to sic the Onmitsukido on 'em and beat a retreat in the distraction, then watch the battle for an opening. Simple. Elegant. Effective.

She was right about one thing though. "Orders are a pain," agreed the child in genuine empathy for this kindred spirit. "Whatever they are. My boss chewed me out this one time for a broken building I had nothing to do with. And I did evacuate everyone so nobody got hurt like they said,"

Maybe that was saying too much. A quick subject change was needed. "Looks like you'd lose many outfits with such a technique," he observed. Luckily Inukaze's releases were nothing like that. He got into enough trouble already for improper attire and did not want to imagine how much harder it would be if going into Shikai or Bankai made his uniform disappear.

And speaking of Bankai; the opponent had released hers'. Was that a cue for him to do the same? He did not want to do it, honestly. Going on an unscheduled shopping trip for Oshi also meant he hadn't had his powers sealed in the usual way they would have been on official Living World expeditions. While part of him was glad of that--he couldn't imagine facing this mortal with 80% of his potential locked away--going into full Bankai would result in him paying for such recklessness with more than paperwork. Irregardless what some Captains might say, he wasn't that irresponsible.

--Yet.

Best to hold it in reserve and resort to it if she really did manage to pin him. A 5 to 10 times power boost would do wonders for breaking out of most situations before a ten-count was up. But he hoped it wouldn't come to that. The last thing he needed was to file a report for 'Reckless Endangerment of Karakura Town and Attempted Harm to the Living'. Never mind that said 'Living' victim could be considered Captain standards in her own right. One way or another, this had to end soon.

Casually scraping Inukaze's blades against each other, he waited to see what she would do next.
avatar
Shiroki

Species : Werewolf
Race : Shinigami
Posts : 107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:26 am

So, he'd allow her to get things started? How polite of the Shinigami. Scholar grinned inside the large skull of her Oracle, and when she did she seemed less solid. In a blink, she was turning completely transparent, including the bones around her and her weapons. But before she could fade completely, her grin and eyes being the last to fade to nothing, she calmly said, "Bakudo #21: Sekienton."

She was sure the Shinigami couldn't appreciate the finesse of this trick. She had to use her Soul Pull- Bone to turn the Oracle transparent by matching its texture to the air, while doing the same to her internal skeleton. And her Soul Pull- Flesh would do the same to the meat of her body, while Soul Pull- Metal worked on her Scythe, and she had to use a complicated mixture of Soul Pull- Flora and Flesh to transform her Tome. Four different Soul Pulls working in tandem just to turn invisible, which only worked on the visual level. She still had mass, and touching her would reveal her location despite not being visible. But on top of that she was touching into her Tome of Truth to the recording she'd made of the practice with this Shinigami earlier, so that she could use the Kido that he himself had used. It was a lot of effort just to be a distraction, really, but she knew from past experience that it was usually a damned good one.

As the red smoke billowed up around her, with no need for a phantom in her Oracle state, Scholar moved forty degrees from where she had started, putting herself at an angle from where she'd began. She didn't know how the Shinigami would react, equally unable to see through the spelled smoke, but she set her Scythe on the ground and moved her arm outward towards where she had stood. The Reishi ligaments of her Oracle's arm stretched, extending her reach and bending the arm at the elbow so that it twisted on itself and made a grab for where the Shinigami had been before with a hand three times the size of a normal human's, trying to capture his leg. In this way, it would seem she attacked from her original position, though she didn't know if he remained in his own. If she grabbed him, his leg would go numb as she used Soul Pull- Flesh to disrupt his ability to control his left leg, petrifying the ligaments.

Combat:

Speed of attack: Expert Hoho (Recovered from Bakudo trapping)
If successful, Soul Pull- Flesh: Expert Spiritual Combat (Lowered by second Bakudo) Vs Advanced Spiritual Combat. Resulting in inability to move that leg, and for it to be locked in position of however he was standing (cannot unbend/bend knee, ankle, etc or rotate the foot or move toes)

_________________
avatar
The Wandering Scholar

Species : Human
Race : Fullbringer
Age : 22
Posts : 122

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by Shiroki on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:50 pm

Wait, what? She could use Bakudo? That seemed rather unfair.

Not that a smokescreen was going to help much though; especially since he relied on more senses than sight. It was a good tactic--one that would have worked brilliantly against a human soul reaper; maybe even a Captain. But she might have forgotten one thing--

He wasn't human. Not by a long shot. Once perhaps, but not any more

And so her presence manifested to his other senses despite the veil she had drawn over sight. He could hear another rhythm of breath apart from his own, and smell well enough to pinpoint the general location. When you factored in his self-developed Otokoyo tactic atop of all that, it really wasn't a contest.

Aiming one of Inukaze's blades at the ground, he released some of the air collected earlier in a jet of wind strong enough to launch him skyward and provide a boost to his shunpo. His other blade he cast at the smoke barrier he was approaching--not at where his senses told him the woman would be; but at her former location, changing the trajectory of the chain weapon with a snap of a wrist while doing so. As he had intended, the chain curved in a neat arc to wrap around its target. Those loops would soon begin to tighten until they pinned her arms to her sides if she didn't do anything about it.

Even if not, he had placed himself in the midst of Sekienton's smokescreen now--hidden in a location where he could function normally but she could not.  If she managed to evade Inukaze's wrapping chain, she would still need to find him; which was no easy task in this blanketing smog.

But being no fan of half-measures nonetheless, the jackal took an indirect route towards her; making sure to scrape his remaining blade on branches and bushes to give misleading clues about his actual location, then speaking out to add to those distractions. "You're really good at Bakudo, Onee-sama. But what would you say if I told you that I can see you...perfectly?"

He timed his approach to whisper that last word straight to an ear, then immediately fell back to another position. If all went well, the lady would assume his last-known location to be right next to her. And all this while, Inukaze's chains were closing in to draw the loops tight.

"Tag, Onee-sama. You're It,"

Combat:
Perception: Mastery (likely able to locate invisible opponent through smokescreen, and detect grasping arm needing to be dodged)
Hoho: Expert (grasping arm) vs. Hoho: Expert + Spiritual Combat: Advanced (wind propulsion); dodged
Armed Combat: Advanced (manipulating chain coils to wrap around opponent; unseen)
avatar
Shiroki

Species : Werewolf
Race : Shinigami
Posts : 107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:25 am

Scholar allowed her eyes to close. He sought to use the chain to restrain her? That wouldn't work; the Oracle moved by her will, not by her physical strength. And her other arm was already extended far from her body. But, there was no need to remind him of that.

Her attacking arm fell to the ground, the bone glove flat on the dead earth as the chains looped around and around her body. Visually, it would appear she was being captured, and by technicality she was. But her Oracle's bone hand was laying a devastating technique she so rarely used. Her spiritual pressure seemed to dim and fade as her smokescreen faded away and she used her Soul Pulls to return to being visible, with the exception of her Oracle, which remained invisible, and her weapons.

Using her Spiritual Senses, she tried to locate the general direction of the Shinigami. "Bakudo Number Nine: Geki."

_________________
avatar
The Wandering Scholar

Species : Human
Race : Fullbringer
Age : 22
Posts : 122

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by Shiroki on Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:48 pm

Geki too? This was going from bad to worse.

As far as he knew, it would be pointless to dodge Geki so he didn't even try. It had been one of his favorite Bakudos for just this reason alone--not needing an aiming component. Point, incantation, fire: it didn't get any simpler than that.

Being on the receiving end, however, wasn't nearly as much fun. The only way out was overpowering it with careful use of spiritual pressure; as the mortal lady had done before. Given that it was a single-digit kido it would not require much power to break the seal, but doing so would require a moment or so regardless. Maybe longer than she had taken, since he wasn't that strong in terms of raw reiatsu himself. In short, it did seem that with one carefully placed Geki, Onee-sama had just won Round One

--or had she? An idea suddenly came to him a moment before the kido struck. It was unorthodox, uncertain, and completely crazy. But it just might work.

He dashed over to the mortal, positioning himself behind her back and holding on tight--being sure to bring one of Inukaze's blades up and pointed at a bone plated torso even as he felt paralysis taking hold to lock his body into rigor-motis: a paralysis that left him frozen whilst pinning his opponent in a deadman's grip. Any movement on his or her part would jostle his zanpakuto nearer...with predictable results. She could not risk attacking him while he was frozen if she didn't want that blade to slip--

It wouldn't slip of course. He had positioned it far enough that there wouldn't be any accidents; even if the human chose to do something reckless. He didn't want this fight turning fatal after all. But there wasn't a need to tell her that, was there?

There was time for one final quip before his arms froze completely, pinning them both.

"I think...maybe we'll call this a draw, won't we?"
avatar
Shiroki

Species : Werewolf
Race : Shinigami
Posts : 107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:21 am

Scholar smiled, looking over her shoulder at the Shinigami. His chains were already around her, but he felt the need to point his weapon at her when paralyzed, seemingly making it impossible for her to escape. But she was the Oroboros and one of the greatest Fullbringers in Daedalus. She didn't need to move her body, she'd simply remove it.

Confident the Werewolf wasn't breaking free soon, Scholar turned her powers inward. The trap she'd laid was set. It had taken the whole time since her releasing Oracle to do, but now that it was she was set.

All around the clearing, large thorns and trunks of bone rose from the ground, rising like some small macabre forest twenty feet high. The bones grew from under the soil, where she'd been growing roots of bone all across the field. Scholar looked at the Werewolf, smiling and saying, "Not this time," before her neck seemed to turn completely around with a sickening crack of bone.

Slowly, Scholar's bones broke and her body seemed to slough, moving along the outstretched arm she had extended previously from her Oracle. Scholar has to use Soul Pull Bone and Flesh to break every bone in her body and crush her organs, consciously moving beating her heart and filling her lungs until she reassembled her body beside the Werewolf, now frozen by Geki without her in his arms and surrounded by razor sharp trunks of bone. As her body slowly filled and stretched like a balloon to return to her proper figure, Scholar smiled haphazardly.

"This is my White Bone Garden. Each pillar of bone has an edge as sharp as a sword, and is as hard as a human femur. I'd be very careful when you escape Geki; wouldn't want to get diced up running around in my Garden. Now, what was the last one?" Scholar's body returned to normal, having taken maybe two minutes. "Right. Bakudo #4: Hainawa"

_________________
avatar
The Wandering Scholar

Species : Human
Race : Fullbringer
Age : 22
Posts : 122

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by Shiroki on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:21 am

As though being frozen stiff in a macabre graveyard weren't dire enough; here came Crawling Rope too.

Because; why not, right?

His opponent appeared to have every base covered. Ordinarily he could have used Shunpo to evade Hainawa; but Geki's lingering presence was interfering with that. Watching the bone trees rise higher in preparation for who-knows-what also unnerved him. Common sense told Shiroki he did not want to be there by the time they were finished doing whatever they did. And common sense was rarely wrong.

First course of action: escape. Easier said than done, even without the rope kido to deal with. If it ever latched on properly, he would have two bakudo to break out of instead of one. Avoiding it completely was out of the question, given his current situation. But he could certainly provide the rope with a target of his choosing. Ordinarily, casters would aim for the main body of an opponent, trying to wrap the target in a way that would pin both arms to their sides. Being a low level kido however, it was sometimes possible to dodge...or failing that, interrupt its execution by sticking something else into its trajectory for it to latch onto instead. He had seen Hainawa interrupted before by a blocking zanpakuto (bad idea, as this usually meant throwing away your weapon) or; more commonly--an arm.

All he had to do was move one arm into the path of the rope for it to latch onto; deflecting it from coiling around his body. Simple enough...for somebody not completely paralyzed.

But there were ways around that. There always were.

Through Inukaze's blade, Shiroki reached out towards the air currents around him, mentally nudging them into position around his arm. He drew more and more to this location, wrapping them about the unresponsive limb like a cast and willing it upward. Manipulated by the forces of air rather than conscious control, its movements were jerky and awkward--like that of a puppet instead of a living thing. But it did move into Hainawa's path, and for the moment, that was good enough.

With the threat of Hainawa limited to one arm instead of his entire person, he could now return focus to reanimating the rest of his body. Breaking each Bakudo one by one would take more time than he cared for, so for the moment he drew again upon the air as a temporary solution to allow the same puppet control for the remainder of his limbs. He had gotten the idea for manipulating air in this way by hearing of a Quincy technique called Ransotengai; which allowed the user to control body parts using strings of spirit energy. What he resorted to now wasn't exactly Ransotengai, but it was close.

Using the air currents around him, he forced his limbs to bend and take up a guarding stance despite their unresponsiveness while working slowly to break out of the actual Bakudo at the same time. Although he wouldn't be overcoming it for awhile, the limited range of motion from his puppet technique meant he was no longer a sitting duck. That alone was progress. As for what came next--

Hainawa was no longer the pressing problem. And he could move...sort of. Nonetheless, the opponent still had an upper hand and would no doubt press her advantage if he gave her a chance. In such a situation, he wouldn't fancy his chances if she came at him with that scythe of hers or shot another kido his way. Controlling his limbs remotely suppressed his normal reflexes. At the moment it required a lot just to remain in motion on his feet, and he doubted he could hold his own if it came to an actual swordfight. In such a state, Hanzo might be able to kick his butt.

Okay, maybe that was an exaggeration. But it would be damn close.

Fortunately for him, there were other options available. He had used Inukaze whilst in the smokescreen earlier; trying to distract the opponent by scraping it against the ground and general shrubbery. His opponent had also likely nicked herself on Inukaze's edge during her unusual escape, given their proximity. That meant he had Recall targets to spare; maybe enough to occupy the mortal while he regained full control of his person.

Shiro activated his Recalls and they came in the order he had marked them. A small bush; uprooted from its original plot and zooming his way. A dead leaf; dry and crinkly that had rustled under his blade most satisfyingly when he cut it. A lone clover, torn from its roots. And finally--

He was anticipating the sensation when the ground itself rose to meet him, gravitational forces sending him to his knees. Here and there the soil around them rolled and heaved, plates grinding as they jostled against each other in the initial rush towards him. Only the fact that they'd all responded at once and got in each other's way saved the reaper from being crushed under the force of his reckless Recall. Everything was dust and flying soil, so he relied upon his ears instead--hearing what sounded like splintering bones around him. Despite the violence happening outside, he found himself safe; 'trapped' in an upside down 'bowl' of earth summoned by his ability. His opponent too; would not be harmed--only weighted down as he was by the gravitational pull until Recall ran its course. He had bought himself time.

Sheltered from attack for the moment, he concentrated on breaking the kido bindings one by one.
avatar
Shiroki

Species : Werewolf
Race : Shinigami
Posts : 107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:29 am

Scholar gasped in pain when the ground started to shake and her connection to the Bone Garden splintered and she was forced to recall her Oracle's arm to her, dragging the limb back to her with her will. Her eyes rose to look at the looming bowl of earth as it cascaded down over her and forced her down with its weight and power.

When the fullbringer realized she'd been brought to a kneeling position, she swore, even with the ground shifting and shaking like a localized earthquake. This was embarrassing. Her, Oroboros, on her knees. She wouldn't allow this; what would Leana think if they heard of this?

Scholar brought her palms to the ground, the bone armor around her digging its fingers into the dried soil that was being churned up by the Shinigami's strange powers. So he thought he could manipulate the earth? Two can play at that game, Scholar thought to herself as she reached out with her Soul Pull: Earth.

It was like trying to wrestle a struggling bull, the earth bucking and moving and throwing its weight around, but damn it her will was stronger than this! She was a gods damn Dragon!

Slowly, the earth stopped moving around Scholar and she spread that stillness forward bit by bit until the whole clearing was still. Yes, the gravity still bore down on them, but slowly that dome of earth split open as the ground shifted under her control. Great walls of earth were growing around Scholar and the Werewolf now, far larger than even her Bone Garden's trees, soaring over fifty feet high. Yeah, humans could probably see this, but the walls of stone were her proof. Her bone garden was uprooted and dragged along with the rising earth as well, which stretched far beyond the clearing, sixty feet long in length, fifty feet high, with long trees of bone growing from the walls.

Blood started to leak from Scholar's eye as she burst a blood vessel. She'd never tried to control so much at once, let alone when the earth was actively fighting her control. "The Abyssal... Canyon," Scholar panted as she kneeled, hands on the ground as she stared at the Werewolf. "One... Once my palms leave the ground, the walls will slam together. I think... You're caught, Werewolf boy."

_________________
avatar
The Wandering Scholar

Species : Human
Race : Fullbringer
Age : 22
Posts : 122

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by Shiroki on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:16 am

Jeez. If he'd known what he was going to be in for, he wouldn't have suggested this stupid contest. Just what was the lady's problem anyway? You'd think someone had provoked her to that extent...but as far as he knew he hadn't even mussed her hair. Had been trying not to; in fact. But if she was going to be doing stuff like this, he wasn't certain of being able to continue pulling punches.

Why'd he have to deal with all the dramatic ones?

Shiroki spared a sad look at the spot where he had left his wrapped bundle and gigai before this entire mess began. He could see the bundle; somehow snagged on a bony protrusion jutting from one of the walls. If this Abyssal Canyon setup went the way it was going, both he; the lady and his groceries were going to be nothing more than dust and stains. Oddly, it was the loss of his gigai and package that bothered him most.

Well--that and also the fact that what had once been a pretty forest clearing now looked like ground zero of a bomb explosion. Knowing his luck, curious residents of Karakura were probably already being drawn to the scene--where they would be caught up in all this rubbish. He could already imagine the mountain of paperwork Captain Tsuyosa would dump on him when this whole disaster was over.

No point brooding over spilled Gikongai. Damage control now--stat. First things first: Make sure those palms don't leave the ground. On it.

Movements still jerky from fighting off the paralysis, he made his way over to her; increasing his reiatsu output at every step as he did so. The stifling effect it produced would at least give her something to think about while he prepared his next move.

"Bakudo #73: Tozansho," with that incantation, a pyramid barrier would be created around both him and the woman--a basic safeguard against crushing impact if his main gamble failed.

"Bakudo #30: Shtotsu Sansen," A glowing triangle began to form in the air where he cast, and he rotated it to aim two of the beams at the spot where her hands were: ideally one beam to each hand; pinning it in place. If all went well, the spell would prevent her from raising her palms and triggering that weird technique.

And while he hoped he wouldn't actually need it, he mentally prepared Bankai. Just in case.

Combat:
Reiatsu Perception Grandmaster vs. Expert (manipulating own spirit channels to raise reiatsu in a manner that can be felt by opponent; with intent to overwhelm)
Bakudo Advanced vs Soul Manipulation Master (#73; pyramid barrier will probably be smashed by Abyssal Canyon, but buy time?)
Bakudo Advanced + Perception Grandmaster (#30; aiming spell to pin hands to ground)
avatar
Shiroki

Species : Werewolf
Race : Shinigami
Posts : 107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:17 am

Scholar frowned when the beams of light pinned her hands down. He does know that bakudo hurts when used that way, right? But it didn't matter. She could do this; she was Oroboros damn it! Fullbringers had to be stronger than Shinigami; if not then what was even the point of protecting everyone?

The woman lifted her head to look at the Werewolf, trapped inside the pyramid with her. One cheek was stained red as blood continued to run down from her eye. Exerting herself further, Scholar reached into the ground with her will, the reshi connective energy of her bone armor flashing brightly before there was a cracking noise and suddenly the armor shattered, the reshi dispersing harmlessly. Scholar's mouth opened a little as her Fullbring forcefully ended, the Fullbringer unable to maintain the release and a Canyon of this size together.

The strain the Canyon was putting on her increased now that she didn't have the power boost of her Oracle and the fullbringer made an whimpering noise as the blood vessels in her other eye burst and blood dripping from both her eyes and her ears. Her Soul Pull was failing, the walls of the Canyon slowly moving together, maybe half an inch at a time. She grunted, trying to use Soul Pull to force the ground back down but didn't have the energy to do so.

Smiling weakly at the Shinigami, Scholar said "I, uh... I submit.
It looks like I'm out of Reiryoku. But my canyon is self-maintaining; it's taking all I have left to slow it down.
"

_________________
avatar
The Wandering Scholar

Species : Human
Race : Fullbringer
Age : 22
Posts : 122

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by Shiroki on Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:17 pm

Seriously? Humans...

While the alternative option of hightailing it away from there with shunpo and leaving the woman to her fate was looking more and more attractive by the second; it was still out of the question. The whole thing had been his idea, so no one else could take responsibility. And a reaper who would abandon their duty to protect was unfit to be called shinigami. Even if it was their own mistakes that got them in trouble in the first place.

I'm the Katsuyori, Obata. You don't get to question my orders. Not a word of this to my lord father--understand? He cannot know what we're up to...

Wow. That was...odd. Was that what a flashback felt like? Who the heck was Obata? The name sounded familiar; like an itch he couldn't scratch. As for the speaker--Katsuyori--recalling that name awoke feelings too: admiration. Devotion. Uncertainty.

Protect the Katsuyori; Obata. Defend the little lord from everything, even himself. It is what you are meant for. It is why you were born.

So many questions...all better suited for later--when there wasn't the threat of solid rock aiming to squash them flat. He plunged Inukaze's blade into the soil below their feet in rapid succession; clearing its current list and marking new targets for immediate Recall.

"Onee-sama--I'm goin' to bring lots of earth to us now, like before. It's gonna be loud and messy, but please don't fight it with that thing you do. Might help protect us from being squished," he didn't know if the human could even hear him over the distraction of keeping tons of rock at bay. But perhaps the message would get through. It had better--especially with the rock walls now pressing dangerously against his first line of defense. Already thin cracks were beginning to spiderweb across the blue surface of the pyramid barrier. They didn't have much time.

Shiroki activated Recall once more, bracing himself for the added pull of gravity as he did so. Normally the effect would send him to all fours, but this time he resisted for as long as he was able, hunched protectively over the woman's bent form. As the target, he couldn't afford to do otherwise--falling over wouldn't stop the surrounding earth from honing onto him and likely striking his former opponent in the process.

Below their feet, the earth heaved like a stormy sea. Rocks ground and grated against each other, sounding like explosions to his ears. But unlike a Fullbringer's ability, his pull was a quality of his Shikai and needed no extra effort on his part to maintain. All he had to do was keep his footing against the added gravity bearing down on them both.

Easier said than done, it felt like supporting a small mountain on his shoulders. He shut his eyes and brought up an arm to ward off the flying grit and assorted debris headed their way. None of the larger rocks had actually reached him yet--his Pull exerted equal pressure of them so they tended to crash into each other before they even got close; forming a barrier over them in the process. Even so, pieces had broken off larger columns of earth and come dangerously close to them both. With the pyramid barrier now fallen to the Canyon's advance, a couple of those pieces had struck like bullets. Now all that remained protecting them was the dome of earth he had pulled up around them; where rocks and soil had shattered and fused with each other in their rush to reach him. He'd ducked at the last moment before those overenthusiastic spires of soil could decapitate him, and now joined the woman in a cramped bunker too small to try standing up straight.

Rumbling and grinding continued outside as the canyon applied itself to their makeshift shelter. It held for the time being.

"You can stop holding it back now," the bakudo spears pinning her hands to the ground he helped banish with a focused effort. "Take a deep breath--"

While he hadn't stayed to see her lift her hands, she must've done so if the suddenly intensified shuddering all around them was any indication. It was unlikely that anything could permanently keep the canyon open. The earth desperately wanted to seal shut, to be whole again. Even their shelter would be a temporary measure at best. One way or another, they had to get out of this death trap.

"Bankai."

Rumors abounded regarding the nature of the Patrol Commander's Bankai, ranging from the merely unlikely to the preposterous. Some claimed it summoned an army of Kushinada from Hell itself to serve at the Lieutenant's command. Others swore it trapped his enemies in an endless void, leaving them to choke slowly and die in the cruel vacuum of space.

Because clearly, with that kind of evil and stifling spiritual pressure; what else could it possibly be?

And really; they weren't far from the mark.

"Bankai: Meinu no tate," Already Shiro could feel himself getting lightheaded the way he always did when using Bankai in an enclosed space. That tended to happen to the surrounding air during Meinu no tate--or, if you prefer...Shield of the she-wolf.

Anyone nearby to lay eye upon it would likely be surprised. Inukaze's form altered with its second release, transforming from a set of blades connected by a chain to...a single off-white stick that looked like a branch snapped off some random tree. Its tip was not sharpened into a point; nor was it thick enough to be used as a club. Those who saw him with it could be forgiven for mistaking Shiroki as some Rukon gutter-brat playing at swordfighting with a toy stick...if not for the fact that his reiatsu output continued to remain at that overbearing level even after his release.

"Meinu no tate; Winter--Hahaoya no hōyō,"

For a moment it would seem as though nothing had happened...until one noticed that visibility around them was slowly being reduced to a few feet; the inner walls of their shelter fading from sight as a white bubble barrier of compressed air took form around them. So rapidly moving and packed together were the air particles under Inukaze's Hahaoya no hōyō that they lost their transparency and took on a white appearance instead. Nor was its defensive power anything to joke about as well. He was fairly certain it could handle anything short of a meteorite. It wasn't called Mother's Embrace for no reason, after all.

But just in case--

"Meinu no tate; Summer. Iro-Okami: White,"

That was as far as he got before the world exploded around them.

Combat:

Pyramid shield (Bakudo Advanced) vs. Abyssal Canyon (Manipulation Mastery) -- Bakudo cracks under force of pressure
Fetch earth defense (Spirit Combat Advanced) vs. Abyssal Canyon (Manipulation Mastery) to further reduce the impact
Bankai Mother's Embrace (Spirit Combat Advanced) creates a shield around a target formed entirely from fast moving, compressed air that can withstand most attacks. The shield often appears white due to extent of air compression/movement
Bankai Wolf-of-Colors (Spirit Combat Advanced) makes it impossible for anything within effect's range to target objects of the chosen color: i.e Iro-Okami-White makes the white air bubble from before 'un-targetable'; so in theory the canyon walls might veer off course to avoid it. But whether it works in practice is another thing, which is why the barrier is there for.

avatar
Shiroki

Species : Werewolf
Race : Shinigami
Posts : 107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:01 pm

Scholar blinked blood from her eyes, lightheaded and dizzy. As she huddled on the ground, a preposterous position for a Dragon to be in, she checked her body over, finding nothing broken, and the blood stopped leaking from her eyes and ears once she released the Canyon to its own devices. Though she wasn't holding it, she could feel it as the Canyon snapped closed around them.

The two great walls of stone smashed together around the bubble of white, but when the stone drew close, it seemed to be ground down and split apart around the white. Fissures ran up both sides of the canyon, from top to bottom. There was a heave of the earth as the Canyon started to shift, sliding down. The sphere seemed to hold, digging a groove out of the canyon as it sunk back into the earth around them, chunks breaking off and rocks flying into the forest. After a minute it was over, the Canyon returned to the earth, seeking to rejoin the tectonic plate it was stolen from.

Scholar was breathing hard, but once it was over, she tried to bring herself under control. She looked up at the Werewolf, giving a breathless, "Th-thank you... I... I wasn't going to use the Canyon as anything more than a bluff, but... It's never taken so much of my power before. I miscalculated and I apologize for my error."

_________________
avatar
The Wandering Scholar

Species : Human
Race : Fullbringer
Age : 22
Posts : 122

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by Shiroki on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:20 pm

When the final tremors subsided, they found themselves standing in a small crater of unmarked ground that somehow escaped being part of the apocalyptic landscape all around them. Uprooted trees, jagged rock spears and boulder chunks littered their surroundings. It was hard to imagine that a forest had been here moments before.

Note to self: never train in the World of the Living again

Meinu towered many yards above him; the air construct currently invisible to any eyes but his own. It was she who'd sheltered them from whatever fragments of the collision had managed to bypass his barriers, intercepting and diverting pieces of rock aside. And while he had just about enough in him to leave the crater with shunpo, that obstacle would've been harder for human to climb. Especially in her condition.

"I'm lifting us out of this hole," he told her, willing Meinu to lower her enormous head and hoist them both in ethereal jaws. "Don't look down,"

Neither would feel the fangs themselves of course. Meinu was only tangible when she wanted to be. All that would occur was a sudden sensation of weightlessness as some unseen force levitated them skyward, only to deposit both on level ground above.

Oh, and vertigo. That was sometimes a thing. Because humans weren't usually used to flying and stuff. Shiro peered over at her in concern. She wasn't going to throw up on him, was she? He hoped not.

"I'll pop into my gigai and fetch some help, Onee-sama," That was probably the best thing to do. He hadn't paid any attention to the Kaido lessons back at the Academy so he couldn't heal her even if they wanted to. Best to go into lovable stray mode and drag some good Samaritan over who could call one of those...ambulance thingies on their phones.

Assuming he could find it. Its last known location was just beyond where the canyon sprouted, in a place previously overrun by spiky bone trees. Captain Oshime wouldn't be happy if he lost her gigai prototype or; worse still--brought it back covered in holes.

This was turning into one of those days
avatar
Shiroki

Species : Werewolf
Race : Shinigami
Posts : 107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:43 pm

Scholar came shakily to her feet. Her eyes were red, both blood shot, but at least they weren't bleeding. She could deal with the red tint everything had; she'd been hurt worse than this. She shuddered remembering the time she got trapped halfway into her Oroboros shape. She had to be put into a medical coma to numb the pain.

With a calming breath, Scholar regained her composure. "No,
stay where you are, Werewolf. I'll be fine on my own. We're not done. I promised to show you something if you won. I just... need a minute to rest.
And your sealed Zanpakuto,
" she added in a rush that was probably meant to be easily missed. Shinigami did not like to release their zanpakuto to others. It bordered on sacrilege to do so.

_________________
avatar
The Wandering Scholar

Species : Human
Race : Fullbringer
Age : 22
Posts : 122

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by Shiroki on Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:36 am

Alrighty then. In that case--

"I guess I should show you something too," he flicked his stick and went through the motion of sheathing a sword. "Since you did force me into Bankai an' all,"

High overhead, the towering form of Meinu took shape as he willed its reishii signature into the visible spectrum. Many stories tall; a giant ethereal wolf howled up at the heavens before dissipating into spirit particles, dissolving together with the stick he held in one hand. In moments both were gone, leaving behind only the battered wooden baton sheathed at one hip.

"An' it's not 'werewolf'," one arm extended to help the woman to her feet. "I'm Sakanade Shiroki of the Court Guard Squads,"

He owed her that much at least. They had clashed, gained some measure of respect for each other and worked together in an emergency to survive. If real life was like anything like anime, this probably meant they would now be the best of friends.

Well. No harm in trying anyway. It was a start.
avatar
Shiroki

Species : Werewolf
Race : Shinigami
Posts : 107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:25 pm

Scholar's eyes went to the giant wolf in interest. How she wished she had her Tome. That would have been worth recording. But her attention returned to the Shinigami as she stood up right, dusting herself off and grimacing at the mess her bandages were in. But they were securely wrapped around her bust, though she was bruising along her ribs.

Instead of taking the proffered hand, she looked about for her shirt but gave it up as a lost cause. Instead she searched for her bags with her eyes, not moving. To the Shinigami, she said, "I'm called Oroboros by some, but most know me as the Wandering Scholar, seeker of all knowledge. And I'll give you a choice, Sakanade Shiroki of the Court Guard Squads. Would you rather give me your Zanpakuto and see something no one else can do, or would you rather see the true Oroboros?"

_________________
avatar
The Wandering Scholar

Species : Human
Race : Fullbringer
Age : 22
Posts : 122

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by Shiroki on Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:18 am

He had been suspecting that the mortal was holding something back during their encounter, and here was proof.

Ouroboros... What language was that--Greek? Egyptian? He would have to ask Captain Oshime later. The way that the human referred to it as 'true' form was uncomfortably similar to Bankai as well. Their surroundings around them already looked like a disaster area; did he really want to see what would happen if she cut loose with something on the scale of Bankai?

Gaining knowledge was all well and good, but sometimes other things took higher priority. Like one's survival for instance.

"We got a bit carried away during the fight," for a moment or so a guilty look lingered on the cub's face. "But I'm guessin' if Scholar-san had any big guns or aces to play you'd have pulled 'em out sooner instead of doing that Canyon thing, or even after," It helped sometimes to think stuff out aloud. "You didn't, but it wasn't like you were holdin' back either. So...it's a last resort thing isn't it? Or something that needs so long to set up it's not really useful in a direct fight? Or one of those power-with-cost things?" Those were rough.

"If so I can't ask to see that, Oroboros-san. I'd like to, but I'm in enough trouble with the Cap'n as it is," After this fiasco they'd need memory modifiers and a full clean-up crew to return this forest to the way it was before they chanced upon it. And guess who would be paying for that expense? "Also it'd be wrong making you use your ultra-secret-difficult ability when not at your best,"

He handed the tonfa baton to her hilt first. "...so I guess I'll settle for seeing the true Oroboros another time then," Having had a chance to glimpse the Oracle of Divination and its skeletal suit of body armor, he had several suspicions as to what it might be. A fleeting image of a building-sized Godzilla Kaiju doing battle with Meinu's Bankai construct crossed the child's mind and he suppressed a shudder at the thought. Something told him he'd likely dodged a bullet there by not having to go up against that in the fight itself. If that had been the case, it was unlikely Karakura might be left standing.

Which was a pity though, because he couldn't deny that the fight between both monsters would be pretty cool.

"Careful with Inukaze, Oroboros-san. She bites,"
avatar
Shiroki

Species : Werewolf
Race : Shinigami
Posts : 107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:38 am

"I'll be careful with her," the Fullbringer took the Zanpakuto carefully, cradling it in her arm as she found her bags, many yards from where it was originally left. She didn't bother looking for her clothes, seeing as they were probably destroyed. Still cradling the Zanpakuto, she searched through her bags before pulling out a non-descript granola bar-like food and took a large bite, shuddering at the taste. But even as she was swallowing it, her spiritual energy was being restored rapidly, stabilizing at a healthy level. "You'd think they'd take my advice and try to give these things a better flavor seeing as I invented this formula," she muttered half to herself.

Turning back around, she looked at the werewolf and half-smiled. "Don't even worry about this. I'll fix the forest as soon as I'm done here, and the locals won't even remember. And just... Bare with me for the next few moments and try not to panic. I assure you, its completely necessary for what I want to show you."

Scholar ate another two bars of the highly potent rations, and closed her eyes as she sat on the dead, disrupted earth. The Zanpakuto was balanced on her knee as she focused, her spiritual energy climbing before her Oracle burst into existence around her again, making the Zanpakuto on her knee jump and nearly fall before she caught it. The Tome and Scythe were on the ground beside her, but her eyes were closed with both hands resting on the Zanpakuto.

Her awareness spread throughout the forest, seeking out the birds and other animals around them. She called to them, pulling on the Souls of the birds, squirrels and a few strays near the forest edge. But her mind caught a wild boar, some distance from the fighting, that had gone to ground. Focusing her will, she used her Soul Pull- Beast to cause the animal to start walking towards her. It'd be a few minutes before its arrival so she took the time to explain.

"All things have a Soul, Sakanade Shiroki. As a Fullbringer, I can touch upon the souls of all things, living or not. That is how I can control the elements, and how I use my Oracle by manifesting the true Soul of my powers and the notebook I carry with me. Most Fullbringers won't achieve the amount of control I have over Fullpull, because they don't train at it as muh as I do. That training lets me do things most people can never do. Such as give true form to anything, given I have the material and time. You may want to make yourself comfortable and not worry about the locals. As I said, I'd take care of it."

_________________
avatar
The Wandering Scholar

Species : Human
Race : Fullbringer
Age : 22
Posts : 122

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by Shiroki on Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:40 am

Shiro eyed the blasted landscape with some concern. It was cool of her to offer and all, but he doubted something like this could be fixed so easily. Not that he would stop anyone who wanted to try though.

From the scents around them, it appeared that random forest wildlife were slowly moving towards their current location. While he didn't fully understand what ability Oroboros was using, it resembled Fetch in many ways. Or at least that was the impression he had after listening to an explanation and seeing it in action on during their clash. So she could Pull objects to her then? And apparently manipulate them further while doing so?

Next she'll be telling me she can maintain a hold on more than 5 targets at a time. Something like that shouldn't even be a thing. How was that even a thing? And more importantly, how had he won against someone like her again?

Plus they hadn't even gotten to the part where she was suddenly able to use Kido yet. Maybe that part would be explained, maybe not. Either way, he wasn't planning on letting this information go to waste. It would come in handy if he ever had to go up against somebody like that again. He hadn't missed how Oroboros had mentioned a 'they' when referring to the candy bar. She probably wasn't working alone. A whole organization full of scary humans who could control plants and animals and elements without breaking a sweat. And also use kido into the bargain, because why the hell not?

That didn't sound at all good. And he had a feeling the Commander would be wanting to know about it.
avatar
Shiroki

Species : Werewolf
Race : Shinigami
Posts : 107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:08 am

Still sitting on the ground, Scholar let her energy radiate outwards gently, not at all like when she'd been fighting. This time it flowed outward from her body as a ripple, touching and washing over everything. She could feel the hurt of nature damaged by her fight, feel the discrepancies in the ground from where the earth shifted. And she could feel Shiroki, having a better understanding of him and wheres he was by touching the Soul of his clothing.

"There is a boar coming towards us, Sakanade Shiroki. It is under my influence but not my control. I can't make it do anything because it is alive and has its own will, but I requested it join us here. I'll need its assistance to show you what I wanted. But, a boar can only walk so fast. For now, I think I'll fix the damage we had done here. Please refrain from moving around too much." Scholar's eyes were closed as her energy rippled outward more strongly. The armor around her shoulders started to swell, the shoulder bones growing and elongating until four more bone arms grew from the Oracle's shoulders. Her two hands held the Zanpakuto across her lap, while one of the four new arms stretched to touch the trees nearest Scholar, a second going to the nearest spike of bone, while the last two lay their palms on the ground.

She worked slowly, using her Soul Pull- Bone to absorb one bone spike at a time back into her oracle, and her Soul Pull- Flora moved the trees back upright and aided the grass to grow and bushes to return, though the growth was shallow and little more than scrubs and mid-calf high plants would grow. The trees were damaged but upright, and she did her best to remove the dead plant matter before they could kill any viable trees. During this, the ground would shift and move, returning the clearing to as it had been, though the plant life couldn't be replicated. Only time could cause the plants to grow, but she had buried the dead earth and replaced it with deeper soil and rock. Soul Pull- Water dredged water from deep below the ground to feed the plants and give life to the fresh dirt. And all the while she was guiding the boar to them.

It took nearly ten minutes, and the medium sized boar was sitting beside Scholar by the time she finished. She'd been working slowly, not having to use more energy than needed to return the area to a damn good approximation of what it had once been. She'd even found and returned their belongings, though holes riddled hers.

Scholar took a deep breath as she looked at the clearing, her hand petting the wild pig. She thought it looked alright. Nothing too awfully out of place, no spiky protrusions or such. And it was while she was looking over the clearing that her energy rippled again with another use of Bone.

The palm of her hand that had been petting the boar came away bloody. Growing from her hand was a long, bloody spike that matched the hole now in the boar's head. It had died instantly, never knowing. One moment it was peacefully content beside her, and then she had killed it without so much as a glance.

And now she turned, the Zanpakuto still across her knee as she stroked the boar's coarse fur. "I hope this doesn't upset you greatly, Sakanade Shiroki."

_________________
avatar
The Wandering Scholar

Species : Human
Race : Fullbringer
Age : 22
Posts : 122

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by Shiroki on Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:57 pm

Of course it didn't. Why should it? He'd seen things die before. Been their cause of death too; more often than not.

It was the nonchalance and cool efficiency of the deed that caught his eye; however. Any random Shinigami could kill. But it took a master at the craft to have it done in such a manner. No messy remnants left behind or panicked struggles. Oroboros-san would have been much welcome in the 2nd; though if that ever happened he would have to watch his back around her. That hardly mattered, of course. He watched his back around everyone.

A compliment wouldn't hurt. "I've seen things die before but I admire your style, Dragon-sama," the fact that she had managed to recover his bundle and gigai was just as impressive. "Hope y'don't mind me usin' the Japanese, I'm havin' trouble with sayin your title right,"

"Thanks for finding my stuff, the Cap'n would've thrown a fit if I lost her prototype gigai," The item in question hadn't escaped entirely unscathed from their encounter; having suffered a few holes in the hindquarters from bone protrusions. Nothing life threatening, though it would probably sting when he used it again. But better than nothing, and he could always try to bribe Oshime with the DVDs--which had; wonder of wonders, survived mostly untouched.

"And thanks for helpin' with the cleanup," The pack back home would be glad to know how closely they escaped another hide-the-evidence operation. He probably should try limiting damages in future. Most of the guys had taken to giving him exasperated looks when he approached them, as though expecting the worst. You'd almost think that these things happened regularly; the way they kicked up such a fuss about it. Why, the last fiasco had only been last week, and before that--the Ryoka-Rukon-cleanup the week before...?

Hmm. Maybe Retrieval had a point. He was getting predictable. Got to do something about that. Predictable was the last thing he wanted to be. Could get a guy killed.

Despite everything, it had been kind of fun though. Especially since things had turned out all right with nobody dying or getting paperwork to fill out. A new experience as well. He couldn't remember how long since he dueled somebody new without already knowing a bit about their tactics, forced to adapt actions on the fly. It had been chaotic, dangerous and foolish. An utter mess in other words, where one little mistake could've gotten either of them killed. But still...sorta fun. And Ojii-san always said it was good to acknowledge your host when having fun.

"Thanks for playin' with me today, Dragon-sama. Hope I didn't make the training too boring," he gave her his best smile--the one he used when doing fun stuff like playing Hunt-the-Hollow. It was an expression that made sensible people back away. "Maybe...we can play again sometime?"

Sometime in the future, once I've had a chance to learn more about Dragon-san's strange abilities, how her organization works and what their purposes are... He left that implication unsaid; knowing she would pick up on it anyway. She would probably be doing the same. If or when they happened to clash again, it would be with a much better idea of how their opponent fought, and counter-strategies carefully prepared against each others' attacks.

Yes, the next time would likely be entirely different. Having some measure against the other, they would be trying to take each other down in the first few seconds before anyone could become an even greater threat: A bone spike through the heart, A fatal kido ambush, a blade to the brain... Short. Sweet. And ruthless.

He would have it no other way.
avatar
Shiroki

Species : Werewolf
Race : Shinigami
Posts : 107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:46 pm

Scholar placed her palm on the Zanpakuto, making sure it wasn't her bloody palm. That one remained on the boar. Scholar closed her eyes, focusing while she talked. Her spiritual energy ebbed and flowed like tides. "I can honestly say it took a different course than I was expecting when I started my work-out today. Perhaps next time I can let loose before my spiritual energy gets completely drained. Maintaining my Oracle takes a lot of power, especially when using so many types of Fullpull."

As she sat there, she had to focus on each and every type of Soul Pull she knew. Metal, at first, then when she met resistance she switched to Flora. She sent her thoughts into the weapon, gently probing, as if testing its boundaries with her mind. Then, with a frown on her face, she let her will punch through the boundaries of the Zanpakuto, delving into the Inner World without entering it. Aware of it, but not in the world, she forced her will around the spirit within. The Shinigami wouldn't be able to tell what she was doing, but could most likely feel the Spirit's reaction as Scholar started to draw the Zanpakuto up into herself and push it out into the boar.

At the same time, her Soul Pull Flesh and Bone was reshaping the boar, molding it and changing it on a cellular level. Grotesquely the animals body convulsed, stretched and twisted on itself. She wasn't consciously shaping the boar; instead she was stretching and changing it to fit around the Spirit she was putting within it. It wouldn't hurt the Spirit, but it would probably feel a hundred different kinds of disgusting.

While the boar's body was slowly reshaping and looking more and more like the spirit, Scholar spoke, sweating a little. "This technique... Gives Spirits true bodies. Not gigais, or anything fake. It's a hundred percent them wrapped around that soul. Their soul changes the body completely when it takes over... But it only lasts for three hours before the body falls apart and the spirit rebounds back wherever it came from. But, they're every bit as alive as me for those three hours. Heh... I actually took the basis of this technique from studying how Hollows remove souls and displace them, though learning to do it myself was much harder..." Her breathing became labored as the Zanpakuto spirit took corporal form, becoming as real and alive as any human. It was noticable that her spiritual energy was nearly depleted again.

_________________
avatar
The Wandering Scholar

Species : Human
Race : Fullbringer
Age : 22
Posts : 122

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by Shiroki on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:18 am

Inukaze's sudden loss struck like a bolt from the blue, and for a moment it was all he could do to maintain a facade of calm; suppressing all inclinations to react. One moment it had been there and another moment gone from their Inner World entirely. Somehow he suspected that even going into Jinzen wouldn't work for the time being. And what...what was the mortal doing to the carcass? It was warping, lengthening, shifting shape--ears. A snout. A tail.

Realization struck. Was that--? Oh dear Kami, no. Not good. Not good at all.

He could feel reiatsu rising, building to a dangerous point: his own. The only other time something like this had happened was when he had materialized Inu for Bankai training, and since then he hadn't dared take out the little minx anywhere other than the division barracks which were built to withstand her rampages. If she was let loose in the Living World...well, let's say that were such a thing to happen, paperwork would be the least of his problems.

No. Just...no. Already features were forming, becoming sharper: White fur. Bleeding scars. A jaw of bristling razor fangs starting to twist upward into a macabre unsettling grin...

One way or other, he had to stop this before it was too late. Could it even be stopped halfway? Would something terrible happen if the caster were to be distracted or lose control? As a reaper Shiroki could not take the chance. He appreciated the spirit behind his companion's gesture well enough; but she probably didn't know how much danger this might put them both in. Most other Shinigami would have been delighted to meet their sword spirits in corporeal form for a couple hours or so without having to maintain the focus needed for materialization.

He wasn't most Shinigami. Inukaze was a rabid beast that cared only for the spilling of blood. Allies, bystanders, enemies...she did not discriminate. Anyone in her wielder's way she considered a fair target to be cut down with extreme prejudice. That alone spoke volumes about who the Head of the Retrieval Unit really was.

If I'm a monster, Shiro-kun--what does that say about you?

"Dragon-sama," he made a fair attempt at keeping his voice level, barely succeeding. "Oroboros. Thanks for what you're doing, but you have to stop. If you can, you have to stop what you're doing. If it's too late to stop, you need to retreat and go somewhere safe."

Knowing nothing about this particular ability or how it worked, the Lieutenant did not dare touch her for fear of causing a fatal interruption. If he still had his sealed baton on him, he might have risked clubbing the yet-unformed creature before them in the skull, killing it swiftly before it could gain full control of all its limbs. But the lady had his zanpakuto and he didn't dare take it back. What now--kido? He could try forming a pyramid barrier around them again, but that wouldn't be very helpful: Inukaze's slowly growing shell was close enough that she would be well within whatever shield-zone he could erect. Nor could he go into Shikai or Bankai for the next three hours--with his sword spirit evicted and free to spread wanton havoc.

Only one option remained: if the human could not halt her conjuring, she had to get clear immediately. Far, far away. While it was true he wasn't on duty at the moment, Shiroki was still a Reaper and likely the ranking officer in this part of Karakura currently. That made this spiritually aware mortal a civilian under his watch, and he was not about to let anybody be killed if he could help it.

--Least of all him.

"Niiii-chan," a familiar voice spoke out, sounding strange to his ears outside his head. Sightless eyes rolled as the flesh golem rotated its head this way and that, unable to see at present until pupils fully formed. Then it twisted its head to face him directly, cutting off the sigh of relief building in his throat. "Shiiro-Nii-chaaan..."

Crap. Sense of smell, dammit--she didn't need eyes to see him. The creature's tone sounded raspy from an undeveloped throat, but undeniably child-like nonetheless--identical to his own. Her movements were jerky, uncoordinated like a marionette but even more disturbing as a result of that. "Time...to...plaaaaay?"

Being on the receiving end of that slasher smile gave the Lieutenant a better understanding of just how terrifying he really was. He knew he was creepy, of course. That went with the job, part of the Onmitsukido package after all. But this was on a whole other level. No wonder Shinigami from other divisions shifted aside to make way when they saw him in the streets. No wonder he got so many raised eyebrows and funny looks.

"Reverse it if you can, Oroboros-san. Take cover if you can't. Run until you can't hear or feel us; then run some more," Shiroki mentally rehearsed the incantation for Shakkaho in his head. "I wasn't kiddin' earlier when I said Inu-chan bites. Few things can stop her for good, not even me."

"Play," commented the eyeless horror below them, repeating the word over and over in a singsong chant punctuated with girly giggles and repetitions of his name. She was becoming fully formed now--a soulless monster in the guise of a scrawny canine girl, open wounds marring the white fur of her unclothed figure. "Play-play-play..."

There was no hiding from it. This...thing...was who he really was, deep down. A predator who preyed upon the hunted. The bogeyman under the bed. Painting a Hollow in bright colors and pinning a Lieutenant's badge on its arm didn't make it any less of a Hollow. That was what they all were in the end--creatures no worse than the ones they hunted; killers who would have been branded criminals if they hadn't been working under the Gotei's tight leash. And he would have wanted it no other way.

Time to play.
avatar
Shiroki

Species : Werewolf
Race : Shinigami
Posts : 107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:00 am

A vein high up on Scholar's forehead throbbed. Damn this technique was taxing... But she couldn't stop half-way. She didn't care to find out what might happen if a Zanpakuto spirit was left partially in her soul. She had to squeeze the last of it into the new body, and thats what she did whilst ignoring the Shinigami. She was listening, sure, but she wasn't heeding his words at all.

Why should she? She was making life. This strange mixture of the mystical and science was giving corporeal form to a spirit. But, she figured she could placate the Werewolf's worries so he'd stop whining. His unease was threatening her concentration and she wanted to be sure every last bit of his Spirit manifested properly. This was a great gift she was giving him!

But, her power shuddered as she flexed her Soul Pull- Flesh on the still forming girl. With a spasm, Scholar turned the spirit's ligaments to hard keratin, the girl's arms stiffening and becoming unresponsive, her left leg as well. Her nervous system was intact, but she wouldn't be able to move except her right leg.

As if the Werewolf hadn't spoken, Scholar started to speak to the Spirit. "Greetings, spirit. This body of yours will last three hours before you return to your inner world. But you're as alive as myself during that time. You will tire, need to eat, defecate and all the inconvenient things the average person must do. Your body is more fragile than your spiritual self; you can die in this form, but you'll return to your world. And at any time, if you grab the Zanpakuto and hold it in your palm, you will be returned. Do you understand this?"

_________________
avatar
The Wandering Scholar

Species : Human
Race : Fullbringer
Age : 22
Posts : 122

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by Shiroki Yesterday at 11:17 am

Existence sucked--like really, really sucked. No wonder the boss was so uptight all the time. Anybody would get a stick up their tail if they had to put up with being cooped inside useless, pathetic meat shells 24-7.

And speaking of tails--apparently, she couldn't move hers'. Nor could she move much of anything else for that matter. Or see or hear just yet. That was going to put a damper on the usual plan of kicking fuzzy butt. Not that she was the type to let a little inconvenience like that stop her, though.

Touch was still working, apparently. As was smell. She knew where stick-in-the-butt was, and where the human was too. The human didn't interest her for the moment, though. Not when it was time for somebody's overdue drubbing. Everything else was a featureless, silent void except for the vague impressions her nose was giving her about the pair's position. The air did seem to be rippling strangely, sort of as if--

Wait...I can't see or hear anything now. But it seems like somebody's monologing. Was somebody monologing? Was it Shiro-chan? That would be soooooo adorable! Doubly-so if fuzzy-butt actually thought this would be enough to hold her.

Inukaze wriggled her sole remaining foot, apparently testing the limits of its mobility. As far as the other two knew, anyway. What they wouldn't be looking out for was how her claws gouged shallow furrows in the soil in the process, marking a target beneath their very noses.

Did they think they were safe because she couldn't use her sword? Foolish... She didn't need to hold the sword. Not when Inukaze's entire body was the sword.

That wasn't something that fuzzy-butt needed to know for the time being, so she continued to play homicidal-psycho with him--both as a distraction and also because it was so damn fun. Too bad her eyes were taking their sweet time coming in; she would've gotten a kick out of watching his fluffy ears smoke. All the while biding her time, the spirit subtly drew air currents closer to wrap around frozen limbs in the manner its owner had done in their duel not so long ago before. So fuzzy-butt thought himself pretty darn clever? That remained to be seen...

Grinning sightlessly at where she perceived her wielder to be; Inukaze concentrated on the earth she'd marked beforehand and Fetched--commencing an action that would cause gravity around them to shift temporarily and force everyone earthward from the pressure...into a position where they wouldn't be able to defend themselves from the spires of soil drawn towards her general location.

How'dja like that, fuzzy butt?

Her wielder would catch on quick, he always did. But would it be on time? The fun was in finding out.

----------------------

Keep guard up. She's up to something. She's always up to something.

What's she doing--oh crap! The ground!

Shiroki threw himself forward, lunging over the awakening carcass like somebody trying to contain a land mine with his own inadequate bulk. A fitting analogy, if a bit inaccurate--truly, a land mine would be less destructive to his person if what he planned went awry.

On the bright side, there was a way to prevent the 'explosion'. All he had to do was touch her somewhere; have something come into contact with her body to be marked as a Target and clear her current hit-list. Something less of a threat, if possible. And he could think of nothing that fit that description better besides himself.

So he moved, hoping against hope to get there in time.
avatar
Shiroki

Species : Werewolf
Race : Shinigami
Posts : 107

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum