» Character Theme songs
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:17 pm by Azalea

» Racial Techniques (WIP)
Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:41 pm by Azalea

» It's a Party! (Invite only)
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:40 pm by Non-Player Character

» Changing Race on Damnation
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:51 pm by Azalea

» The Power of a Dragon (Open Training Thread)
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:51 am by The Wandering Scholar

Ouroboros Training Montage (Scholar, Solo)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ouroboros Training Montage (Scholar, Solo)

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:34 pm

In the heart of Daedalus' base, deep underground, are the huge sprawling laboratories of Ouroboros. Daedalus' research and development team, these rooms were responsible for the latest revolutions in science, and more importantly, the study of Souls and Spiritual Entities. It was here that the Anti-Garganta Fields were invented, though they weren't ready for use in the field. Instead, Scholar had created four cube prisons off the left side of her main testing room, each meant for housing a single Hollow. Three of the cages were empty.

But, this was Scholar's new 'home'. She so rarely came back, however, that most of the Whelps and Harpies had no idea who she was, despite them all working for her. But that's the price one pays to constantly be in the field. Scholar didn't like the idea of being underground, though this place felt more like a city than an underground complex.

Normally this room, the size of a baseball stadium, housed several large projects, typically constantly improving the jets used by Daedalus when time was of the essence. Unlike the other Dragons, however, Scholar gave her department freedom of creativity, allowing them to do as they pleased, so long as it was deemed relevant. But, all these projects were removed, leaving a massive open space, occupied only by Scholar herself and a handful of spectating Fullbringers. In the occupied cage, a Hollow watched hatefully, bound by chains and the Anti-Garganta Field to prevent its escape.

"Almost everything I do today, you all have the potential to do, but what you lack is the experience and the skill. It takes months, if not years, to achieve these results with Soul Pull. Most of you have chosen to further your Fullbrings, attempting to maximize your unique skills, however in doing so, you have neglected the basics. The ability to Fullbring the souls in all inanimate things is our birthright, your birthright," Scholar was walking in the center of the room, speaking to those watching. Dressed in a black suit, her hair pulled back from her face, letting those watching see the long, crescent scar, she carried an old, leather-bound book in her hand. Her hair was tied in a very tight braid down her back to keep it out of her way. "I'm not going to teach you. I'm not your teacher. I'm going to show you what you can do, what I can do. Anything not derived from my unique Fullbring, you can do in time. My Fullbring, most of you have never seen. Most of you probably don't know what it was that made me, an outsider, become the Ouroboros in a single day. But it's because I'm useful, just like all of you, but unlike you, I'm versatile. You're all here to see what I can do, and you were all selected to watch by your Harpies who find your skills in need of improvement. Nobody can show you how to improve your unique Fullbring, but I can show you how to become better Fullbringers. So, now that the mandatory speech is over, watch."

With snap, Scholar opened her book, letting the sound ring out. When it died, several forklifts came in bearing different tubs. One, full of dirt and earth. Another, with water. A third, full of compost. The fourth was filled with scrap metal, things that had been thrown away by this very team earlier in the week. Once the tubs were deposited, the lifts drove away.

With her notebook open, Scholar walked to the tub of earth, running her fingers through the fine grains. As she raised her hand, the earth in the tub flowed like liquid upwards at her behest, flowing smoothly out, piling itself, shaping itself into bricks of compacted dirt, forming a waist-high wall beside her. As the bricks built themselves up, then the whole wall erupted to the ceiling, creating a huge barrier between Scholar and the others, then it collapsed, shrinking into a tiny sphere the size of a baseball.

Species : Human
Race : Fullbringer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ouroboros Training Montage (Scholar, Solo)

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:53 pm

The orb fell to the ground with a loud thud, nearly a crash. It rolled a few feet before stopping. Scholar looked to the gathered Fullbringers, seeing that most weren't overtly interested, but weren't foolish enough to ignore the examples.

"Basic Fullbringing of the ground has many advantages. You can use it to move faster, for instance, or to swallow your enemies into the earth. I want each of you to, after the lesson, practice making bricks out of ordinary dirt, then create a barrier like my second example. Lastly, condense a tub's worth of soil into an orb of this size. That'll be the hardest task, for the orb will fight being condensed that much, and odds are it will break and burst under pressure. You will clean the mess with only your Fullbrings, as well. It's good practice," Scholar could almost hear their shared mental groaning. She approached the water-filled tub next. "Once you complete these tasks, you will move onto water, which should be simpler for many of you."

Placing a finger into the tub, still holding her notebook in her free hand, Scholar extended her will down into the water, causing the tub to overflow as the water ran up and out the sides, pooling around her. Using a hand gesture, Scholar flung the water as a narrow stream towards the wood-paneled wall nearest the Fullbringers. The sound of water plowing through wood was nearly instant. Scholar's ears rang, but the sound was only temporary, for the water only cut a tiny hole through the wood, stopping a flowing out once it hit the steel behind.

The water flowed back to Scholar, moving around the Fullbringers who were clutching their ears. The water then swelled upwards, stretching and molding itself until it resembled stairs.

"Most of you will simply try to manipulate the air under your feet to walk on the water, but you should be manipulating the water like so," Scholar began, stepping up onto the first step, her foot sinking half an inch before rising back up. She continued up the stairs until she was two feet off the ground.

Her example given, the water flowed down, returning Scholar to solid floor. It then flowed back into the tub, leaving herself, and the floor, dry.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:01 am

Next, Scholar went to the tub of scrap metal. Pulling a long pipe from the tub, Scholar faced the group. "Metal is harder to manipulate than dirt, but that's only due to its rigid structure." The pipe in her hand began to bend and twist, making an awful noise. But, within seconds, the metal pipe had become a sword of similar length, made from the single pipe entirely.

"Anything metallic can become a weapon, or a shield, but remember that the metal you have on hand may be ill suited to one or the other, or both." The iron sword began to shrink, forming a small shield, a buckler actually. "Next, I'll show you more advanced forms of Fullbring and Soul Pulling, using organic matter. Naturally, Fullbringers cannot manipulate the Souls of living beings, but with a sufficient boost to your abilities, it is theoretically possible."

Scholar closed her eyes now, releasing her first stage of her abilities. The book in her hand morphed into an eerie, nearly living thing of fleshy-leather with blood-soaked pages. With her Tome of Truth activated, her spiritual pressure spiked, revealing that she'd been suppressing it.

Scholar pulled a clump of dead plants from the compost, closing her eyes. As she focused, the flowers lost their decayed color, straightening and started to blossom, revealing roses.

"Most of you won't be able to reach this level of Soul Pull without augmenting yourselves with spiritual power boosting medicines or equipment to focus your energies, however, some Fullbringers, like myself, recieve boosts to their Soul Pull abilities by releasing their Fullbrings." Scholar threw the roses back into the tub. "I'm going to show you the ultimate skills of Soul Pulling next, but it's a very lengthy process. Those not interested are free to leave. I will be using Soul Pull on my very own body, turning my powers inward. This is incredibly dangerous, and anyone caught practicing this will recieve punishment from their respectful Harpies or Dragon."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:08 pm

Scholar released her full power, activating her Oracle of Divination. She waited until all but three of the Fullbringers had left, before allowing her ability to be visible.

Her naked body was clothed only in a tight fitting skeleton imposed over her body, as an exoskeleton. The skeleton's bones were connected by glowing energy, pure Reiatsu. Scholar's body was almost obscured by the light and thick bones.

"This is a long process, and I will be unable to speak for its duration. I will be returning to my natural state," Scholar lied easily, "But, to do so, I will be changing the structure of my bones, flesh, organs. It's incredibly painful, and those untrained could die from the stress or the pain caused. Watch closely."

The skeleton around Scholar lost its radiance as she sat, cross-legged, on the floor. She focused on her internal organs, her bones, her very flesh. Before the Fullbringers eyes, her body shrank, losing her human shape as her bones folded inwards, her organs shifting position. Scholar tried to gasp in pain, but there was no air in her shifting lungs.

Her body shrunk lower and lower until it was a mound on the floor, and then it began to stretch, her skin and muscles growing forward and backward,  her skull elongating and flattening. Her eyes burned, her brain felt like liquid fire. Her limbs were gone, the bones shrinking, the muscles shifting to fill new locations. Her body continued to shift slowly, growing longer, serpentine in appearance, but without scales. Her hair, long and white, sunk into her skin, which in turn hardened. In truth, it was the hair in her skin changing shape, growing. The keratin in her hair was mutating, growing scales until she was a thirty foot long snake, but still she grew and stretched. Scholar could feel where her shoulders used to be, and she willed new bones, muscle and tissues to grow, five more heads growing besides her. In truth, her mind was almost lost to the pain of her body's transformation, going more on memory and instinct than conscious desire. In the end of the four hour long process, a sixty foot long hydra coiled in the huge room, its many heads eyeing the Fullbringers.

It took nearly ten minutes before Scholar could speak, using her actual head, the original. "With enough power, skill and determination, and importantly, time, a Fullbringer with the ability to manipulate their own body can become anything they desire, even a person." Her fangs, each head possessing numerous large teeth, dripped with saliva and 'venom' which was actually re-purposed stomach acid.

Spoiler:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by The Wandering Scholar on Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:52 pm

The Fullbringers left quite hastily once she had spoken. Scholar, alone in her huge labs, coiled on the ground, her six heads laying on the cold floor. She was still warm-blooded, but her heart was gigantic in her chest, or rather, what once was her chest. It wasn't her full size; if needed, she could grow larger, but it hurt so much that she never tried. Instead of growing, she fell asleep, letting her twelve eyes close. her body heat alone made the room around her warmer, and she drifted off into a deep sleep to recover physically. The labs would be closed until she went on her next assignment, her people busy training now that she was home. Everyone wanted to impress the boss, after all.

The recovering sleep took eighteen hours. After that, another three hours was used to shrink her body to a measly ten feet, small enough to go anywhere within the base. Recovering from that took her another seven hours, and then she was off.
Scholar slithered around the Ouroboros departments, speaking to Fullbringers who were making advances on their projects but needed her advice on how to bind this, or what formula to use for that, or to show their progress.
But, despite the members of her department being very interesting and bright individuals, the most interesting part of her day was speaking to her fellow Dragons, Nidhogg, Leana and Svara.
They had found and captured what they had thought was an unknown entity, but turned out to be a Fullbringer who found a way to transfer her Soul into artificial bodies made from Hollow parts. The woman by all rights should have been deceased, but managed to escape death by constantly moving to a new body before the old one wore out. But, as far as they could tell, through tests done by Scholar's own teams, she's almost if not more than a thousand years old, and from what Svara's team could tell, had the Fullbring power to heal any injury, no matter how fatal or old, by taking it upon herself, and can later inflict it on others at will.
After hours of discussion about the mysterious Fullbringer, the Dragons agreed to have her imprisoned in an Anti-Garganta Field, as well as inside a maximum security prison cell until Daedalus can be sure about what to do about her.

Coiled in her lab room, Scholar hissed in pleasure. "Maybe I'll actually enjoy my time back here."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top