Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Top posting users this week

Top posting users this month
Itsuya Boratomo

Nocens

Hanzō Judai

Latest topics
» The Emperor and the Bet (OPEN TO ANYONE)
Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:00 am by Hanzō Judai

» Keiichi Moriya
Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:12 am by Keiichi Moriya

» Itsuya Borataro | Vastine Amorte | (Finished)
Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:07 am by Itsuya Boratomo

» Rusty, but new (Open)
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:21 pm by Sabiruchi Tsuyosa

» Introducing myself
Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:38 pm by Nocens

» The Masked Shinigami (OPEN)
Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:20 pm by Hanzō Judai

»  Hanzō Judai (Shinigami)
Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:03 pm by Hanzō Judai

» The Corroded Heart (Sabiruchi SOLO thread)
Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:34 pm by Sabiruchi Tsuyosa

» War of the Spirits -A What If Scenario- (OPEN)
Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:04 pm by Nocens

Musical Malady (Open)

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Musical Malady (Open)

Post by Kei Kusanagi on Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:21 pm

Kei felt it, the uneasiness in her spirit, once again it was there. She may feel in control, but it was clear that control wasn't perfect. Just as he wasn't always in control of his reiatsu, his spirit, or at least part of it, neither was she. The difference was the form of spirit they both had. While he had the spirit of a human and a shinigami, she was a hollow, at least in part. That fluctuation he could feel, in truth, he felt from everyone. No one could honestly say they were in total control, but the fact that the part she had less control of was a hollow was Kei's concern. This was more than he could put into words though, it wasn't fear, it wasn't even anger or disdain. Kei felt more of a pity, tarnished with the sense of duty. He understood her situation on a rudimentary level, enough to know this was basically a long winded death sentence for her. While Kei couldn't hear that spirit's exact words, he could feel it rising up only to be pushed back down. He knew his spirit would rise up to whisper to him, that's how he learned his truest ally's name, his spirit. What did a hollow whisper when it rose up?

As they reached the gates, Kei instinctively bowed his head respectfully, waiting for her to slowly push them open. As the wood began to creek, it became increasingly apparent how ancient the family was. In such a time they still relied on such an avoidable security, one that wouldn't even stop most who would dare to break in to such a protected area. Kei followed behind Sabre through the gates and along the path, pulling the gate shut behind himself. As Sabre spoke of her path, Kei leaned toward her a bit. She definitely had his focus, even if his head was cast downward as it often was in serious conversations. This helped him block out thoughts so he could focus on the words being said, the intention behind them. There was a definite pain in her words, she was hurt by all that transpired, as anyone should be. How painful it must be to beg for a warrior's death, knowing a warrior being forced to beg was bad enough. Though Kei understood, he too hopes to die as a shinigami, a warrior. He could see why she wouldn't want to be executed like a dog.

Then with both a display of his ability to sense reiatsu, and the grace at which he could do so, Kei reached up with one fluid motion to wipe the tear from her eye. Not only could he sense it but even map it's path with simple fluctuations in reiatsu around it, but this meant he could even tell it was a tear by it's simply movement. What a delicate form of sight he has substituted with. "Do I feel safe? Of course I do. Do I hate what you've become? Of course I do. I suspect there will be a day where I will be the one that has to either subdue or kill you, given my position and rank, but in the meantime, you are working to carry out your mission as a shinigami, something I can respect." He let the weight of his words sink in. The words that went unspoken, such as if she had been slain at that time, the responsibility wouldn't have been Kei's, as he wasn't in the sixth division back then, or even a shinigami. Her diligence as a shinigami became a responsibility of Kei, who now had to monitor that she was obeying the code of shinigami despite the sword of Damocles above her. Though there was more, the tone at which he spoke, the certainty to his words. He wasn't questioning 'if' he would have to or would be able to kill her, he was outright stating he could and will when it's time to. This was further explained though, as Kei added, "Even when you talk to me, I feel it, the hollow. It whispers to you words I can't hear, just as my spirit whispers to me. The only part I'm fully unsure of is what words it whispers, though if I had to venture a guess I'd imagine they were words I wouldn't want to hear. I can feel everyone's fluctuations given a few minutes with them, and I will say this, no one is fully in control, and that includes you. There will be a day you act out of line, but not as yourself, as our most aggressive enemy, a hollow. It will be that person I kill."

Kei Kusanagi

Species : Human
Race : Shinigami

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabiruchi Tsuyosa on Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:23 pm

For a moment, there was a flicker, right when he touched her. Her reiatsu balanced out, just for that duration. The moment of skin to skin contact, Sabre and her Hollow were equalized. But then, that moment ended, and she was overwhelmed by her Hollow nature, his poisonous words.

"We're strong, we take what we want. We kill, we kill, we kill. Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill." The spirit spoke to her, and she resented the creature's strange, fuller vocabulary. How long had it been since he had used true sentences like this?

But, Sabre had other matters than to ponder rather than why the Hollow within suddenly had increased intelligence. She looked at the Captain before her. She let his words sink in.

And then the Sabre, that everyone had grown to know since her Hollowfication, showed herself. "Nobody asked you any favors," she snapped, suddenly angry. How dare he practically state that she's doomed to failure! "I'm most certainly in control of the situation, thank you very much. I know exactly how I'm going to die, actually, and its in battle against a Hollow protecting the Seireitei. Nothing, most definately not you or some stupid Hollow spirit is going to prevent me dying and bringing glory to my fath-," she cut herself off, biting back the word before turning sharply, her hair snapping over her shoulder as she started stopping away. Her feet already began to bleed, but she didn't notice.

She didn't wait for the Captain, nor did she even look at him the rest of the way to the ancient home. The house itself was huge by human standards, quite worthy of the most prestigious Family in Seireitei. She slammed the front door open, as much as one can slam a sliding paper door. The estate looked much like a traditional ancient Japanese home, but many, many times larger. Though it looked ancient, hidden all around were modern technologies, including flood lights, security camera, locks, and all manner of modern comforts made to blend into the house. It even had central heating inside.

Race : Vaizard

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kei Kusanagi on Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:49 pm

The Captain stood motionless, expressionless. She attacked his words, then just as he thought he might be wrong about his words, he measured his thoughts. A few moments were all he needed, his analytical mind forming every possible strategy he could think of in short order. There was no other outcome in his mind, Kei had realized just how right he was. It was more clear to him than he wanted it to be, no matter how he looked at it. Whether or not he was wrong became pointless in his mind, because the answer couldn't be more clear to him. When she finished speaking, Kei suddenly spoke up, "Your reiatsu is flaring much more like a hollow than before. Is it begging to kill me? It got quiet when I touched you though, maybe it felt my spirit, and realized how much more dangerous I am than I seem from a distance. Though I question your notion of glory, do you think glory is won on a battlefield? Peace is won on a battlefield, glory is earned through dedication and hard work, such as earning a high rank like you have."

As she turned to look away, Kei followed right behind her, as he had done on the way to the house, he didn't need to be led, so her sudden disinterest in leading him did not change how well he could maneuver. Kei kept his head low, senses spread wide so he could feel both her spirit and anyone else's that happened to be nearby. Having seen such an old security in the wooden gate, Kei was almost relieved to find the house had much newer security when approaching. That demonstrated that while the family respected tradition, they were also wise enough to advance with the ages. If anything, Kei respected a family that could juggle both tradition and maintain a modern convenience, and not coming from a noble house meant he didn't know what to expect from their lifestyles within.

While Kei had never seen a noble house up close, he did know how big it was. He'd heard from other shinigami who'd seen it. Additionally, he expected it to be huge, but this certainly did not disappoint. His head turned slowly, mapping out not only the outside, but the inside as well. One advantage of relying solely on sensing reiatsu was being able to map out through walls. Kei counted the rooms in his head, though the fact that he was impressed did not seem to show on his face. Instead he was too lost in thought about their discussion, curious how much less in control she was than she thought, if her reiatsu flares were any indication he'd guess she was becoming quite surprised in a way.

Kei Kusanagi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabiruchi Tsuyosa on Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:19 am

Sabiruchi Tsuyosa only stopped long enough to slide a pair of slippers on her feet. Even at her most irate, which she wasn't yet, she respected the rule of wearing slippers inside.

Inside the house, she knew pretty much none of the Family was home, but even she could feel four strong energies coming from the forbidden West Wing. Though each was strong, it was clear none were Shinigami despite the obvious fortitude. She made a mental note as she stormed inside and down the main hall to spend extra time in the West Wing, her private quarters, tonight.

Though she was angry, perhaps unjustly so, she never went too far from the Captain, only several yards in front at most. She was only about forty feet down the hall when she spoke, noticeably strained.

"Ikite iru... He...," she sighed. "I'm not Him. But my father was a good man. The best. Better than me. Better than you. Better than the Commander. He gave everything for his Family. The Tsuyosa were bankrupted after he built my older sister a house fit for a Giant. He left his position as a Captain to spend more time with his Family, his daughter. He took in a dirty, homeless orphan despite the entire Nobility telling him not to, and he raised her like a daughter, loved her, trained her to give everything to the Gotei and the Family, just like him. He named her his heir, not even his own flesh and blood, because he believed in that young girl. What did he get in return?" Sabre's voice cracked, but her posture didn't falter, she didn't cry.

"I killed him. And then, I wasn't punished. And I took the broken Family he left behind, and I was- I am- ruthless. The Tsuyosa had nothing but each other before I came into their lives, then I took that away. And no matter how hard I tried to put things back together, I can't bring my father back. But the least I can do, Captain, is bring his murderer to justice, the way Tsuyosa were meant to."

Sabre didn't cry, she didn't flinch. She didn't move the whole time she spoke. But, then she was walking, more slowly now, steadily down the hallway to the very center-most room of the Estate. But to her, it wasn't just a room. It was the room.

It looked unbecoming from the outside. Just another paper sliding door, but this one was barred and sealed shut. Inside, if she broke the locks, would be a portrait, a folded blanket, seven half-melted candles, four matches, an inkwell, a sealed letter, and a replica sword placed on top of the blanket.

Without talking, Sabiruchi knelt in front of the door, sitting on her heels. Quietly, she leaned forward, her forehead resting on the wooden frame. Her Reiatsu felt distinctly Hollow now, but was calm and quite. Not even Ikite iru sabi no nami dared to speak.

"It's a Thursday, you know. I've never been late on a Thursday. Not in so many decades."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kei Kusanagi on Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:32 am

While cold and unrestrained in the way he spoke, Kei didn't hold back what his thoughts were in their conversation. Only the tactical part of why he said the things he said went unspoken. She was definitely strained, but Kei received the information that was denied to him before. It wasn't taken care of as he was told, though it seems there was more to it than what could have been told to him. Kei understood in that moment why they were hesitant to tell him, murder of a noble family leader was grounds for execution of anyone, bar none. It was Kei's responsibility to arrest anyone who murdered, to bring them in for execution or to do so by his sword. This was a special case however. Murder implies intent, though the way she said it, she wasn't intending to do it. There was a mess on her hands that she couldn't wash away. This wasn't murder.

Kei's powerful ability to sense reiatsu couldn't ignore the four distinct signatures from the west wing, and try as he might to not analyze them too deeply, to him it was like sight. He couldn't just ignore what he felt in the calmness of the house, only in battle could he truly focus enough not to sense out everything around him. Despite this, he remained reverent as he watched her, feeling the calm hollow reminded Kei of his past, he'd calmed a hollow once before, and now the memory of the deceased did once more. Kei would have to note that in his report, he knew that feeling well, more than she'd know in fact. Even other Captains didn't know of Kei's exploit in the living realm. If he had a way to cleanse her of the hollow, he felt now it would be willing to be cleansed, but konso wouldn't work in this case.

As she knelt down and placed her head to the door, she would hear a rustling behind her. Kei too knelt, resting his hands in his lap in respect for the dead. She spoke about being always on time, though Kei still didn't feel her having control. Instead he felt the hollow agreeing to respect the fallen. He remained silent, and though his head was lowered, his body still and resting on his ankles, Kei could sense everything around him. He didn't react to her words, above all else he respected the dead and the grieving left behind. He'd seen many time what it does to people, what it did to him. Kei knew though, that she felt guilt, even if her reiatsu was masked behind the hollow's, her words were enough to know that. There wasn't anything she could do now for the situation, what was done was done.

Kei Kusanagi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabiruchi Tsuyosa on Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:49 am

As she knelt there, head against the door, she reached into her enchanted pocket, giving off a brief flair of Kido as she pulled a small writing desk, one that would just barely cover her knees, an set it in front of herself. She placed a single piece of paper, a quill, and an inkwell on the desk.

She didn't speak as she began to fill out the form, though she did sit upright, shoulders back. When she was halfway down the page, her voice interrupted the scratching of quill on paper.

"I achieved my Bankai around the time my father died. I only did it to impress him, but he never got to see me use it. He died without seeing either of his children achieve a Captaincy. Every Thursday, for the last 162 years, at the same time, I have come here to fill out the application for being considered to take the Captain's Proficiency Test. The Commander's never once actually filed my applications, you know. She keeps them in her desk; I saw them when I was cleaning for her- she can be so disorganized sometimes because she works so hard. I've filed this application almost eight thousand times, and it's never taken seriously. Because of what I am. Because of who I am."

Sabre didn't cry, she didn't even sound as grieving as before, or as angry. She felt hollow, like a pit opened in her stomach. Ironically, her sense of being hollow was accompanied by her reiatsu's Shinigami nature slowly bleeding through and taking over, masking her true Hollow entirely. The Noblewoman was back in control.

In the West Wing, she could feel the four strong powers moving about, engaging in a repetitive series of exercise. She had instructed them very specifically on what to do when she was not around; all their training was meant to increase the size of their spiritual power and greatly increase their stamina. She wondered if the four people in her rooms would have made Seated Officers had she not employed them.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kei Kusanagi on Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:40 pm

The words resonated with Kei, he realized that even as  a shinigami, he hadn't gone back to his mother and shown her his shikai or his bankai. He didn't even know what his shikai or bankai looked like, no one could describe it to him properly. While it was easy to explain for people who had sight, explaining it to a blind man made it very hard to express. He understood failing to show his strength before it was too late, though he also didn't have the same traditional family she had. In a way though, it stung sharply though. There wasn't a deserved respect for his mother, no Kei instead had an earned respect for his mom. She wasn't some well to do name, she was just kind and sweet enough to earn his trust and respect. She was tough for a normal human, willing to fight for her son, Kei. His father, well Kei never met his father. He knew he was a Japanese military man who died in a skirmish with foreigners, but he couldn't even recall which country the foreigners were from. Kei was alone, truly alone. He carried the weight of his problems entirely on his own shoulders, much like Sabre did. However, the difference was, her problems were heavier, and he had no where to carry his problems to, nor anyone to talk with.

"I can't make promises, as a Captain that's generally a rule." He nodded solemnly, knowing that he could not make any statement that would imply actions, though he went on to say, "However, if during training, you used a bankai while sparring with a Captain, it would be a grave error in my paperwork for it not to be described and documented in it's entirety. A Captain's report marked as high priority would definitely be read by the Commander, that's how the system just is. And if by chance, I accidentally attached an application, as I didn't have it read to me, then I would be forgiven for my small paperwork blunder. Though don't get me wrong, it wouldn't be me doing anyone a favor, it would just be an error on my part if that specific incident were to occur." Kei placed a hand on the door respectfully, and added, "But if I were to see such a bankai, while I wouldn't be able to describe it's appearance, I would be happy to tell him about it with you." Kei wasn't sure if she subscribed to the idea of speaking to the deceased as many Japanese did, but since she was from a traditional Japanese family, she'd at least know it was intended as a kind gesture, and not a mocking one.

His hand slid down to his lap as he spoke once more, "My mother never saw my shikai, my bankai, and I never knew my father. These are details only you and I know in the entirety of the Seireitei, probably in the entire Rukongai. My mother doesn't even know I'm a Captain, though my suspicion is she still resides in the Rukongai somewhere. She wanted me to fight, to be the man she knew I would strive to be. So she severed all ties so as not to hold me back. That's the kind of mother I have, one that could not bear to hold someone back to the point of slicing her own heart until it burns. For that I respect her, for that, she is better than anyone in my mind. So I understand how your father was better than anyone in your mind, and I'm not insulted to hear it. What I'm honored to see is how you've not given up, and for that I won't give up on you. My job as a Captain is to push those in my division to grow, but just because you're not in my division doesn't mean I have to sit idle and not be there for you. That's what separates me from the other Captains, I have no bridges to burn, so working with a social pariah doesn't hurt me in the slightest."

Kei Kusanagi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabiruchi Tsuyosa on Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:05 am

Sabre nodded her head solemnly. This young Captain had heard her out, and so she was satisfied. To her, it had been a failing on the Gotei's behalf to leave such a member uninformed, and now she had told him her side of the story. Very few had heard her side first, making it all the harder to get over people's preconceived notions. But, when they were both finished, Sabre took the application, having dusted the ink with sand, then placed all but the paper in her pocket.

"I talk to him still, seeking his guidance. I know that I have failed, miserably, as his daughter. But, I know that that is okay. Lord Shinsetsuna never cared about the Family's image; he cared about his family, despite our flaws. And recently, I've been trying to see from his perspective."

Sabiruchi slowly rose to her feet, holding the application in hand. "While I appreciate the gesture, Captain, I would like to earn my promotion the correct way. I cannot condone a Captain making clerical errors, after all. And I am truly sorry to hear about your mother; perhaps one of the Baozhai can find her one day for you," unusual for her, there was no name calling when she mentioned the rival Family. It seemed even her long-since enemies couldn't stir her somber mood. "I hope you do not mistake my telling you about my personal history as an attempt to sway or curry favors. I simply could not believe someone had never heard the stories, and felt the error must be rectified."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kei Kusanagi on Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:04 am

Lifting to his feet, Kei lightly brushed his uniform to straighten it out. Giving a light bow toward the door once more showing respect for the fallen, he rose and turned to Sabre, "If for a moment I thought you were seeking a favor in telling me your story, I would have lost all faith in you entirely. I understand why you wanted me to know your story, and as the sixth division Captain, it is my duty to always remain completely impartial, to hear both sides clearly. I would be doing my division a grave dishonor if I refused to hear you out /or/ if I thought your story to be the only version. However, I listened to both sides, as much as possible for a Captain to hear, and I have my orders up to this point. As far as I'm concerned, I've completed both my mission as a member of the sixth division, and my due diligence as a man, hearing you out."

Kei turned slowly, facing the direction they had come from earlier as he spoke, He didn't take people at face value which often insulted or offended people, but this scenario was why. If he took her at face value, there would be no reason for him not to arrest her, she was breaking the code of the shinigami to even exist. However, exceptions were made, her story fit into his understanding of why there were exceptions, it seemed resolved in his mind. "For the record though, while I can sense with great precision, I do still make clerical errors", he said with a nod. "My memory is great, but not perfect, so in a way I ask you not to judge me for that too harshly." He couldn't be more right about that, working purely through dictation as one of the only shinigami who read braille, Kei was not regarded as the best at paperwork, but at least he had good reason. Though it was always hard to take serious when there was a glaring error he didn't know about.

"Also, don't assume this to even be a favor or for it to not be the correct way. Understand, as a Captain, part of my job is to scout talent and make recommendations for promotion, even if that means making such clerical errors. No system is perfect, and while that applies to our own, we should embrace that, work to correct it, but utilize it as is in the meanwhile. For me, it is my job to seek talent and embrace it, usually within my own division, but your division is special. The Commander can't be asked to always see the talent available." He nodded slowly as he stood motionless beside her, face lowered and arms hanging loosely at his sides, though it was clear through his posture, through how his reiatsu was flowing, that judgement of talent, that seeking for recommendation, was already being tested. There was more to his offer than just the words being spoken, Kei was demonstrating how cunning he truly was that every word in his sentence was a possible test.

Kei Kusanagi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabiruchi Tsuyosa on Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:44 am

Sabiruchi looked at the Captain for a moment. She wondered what he knew, what he thought, and more importantly, what he believed about her. She wondered if the young man before her had heard all the various rumors.

He knew she was a murderer. He knew she was an illegal hybrid. But what else did he hear? There was no shortage of rumors regarding herself, including that preposterous rumor that her and the Commander where secret lovers. Sabre bristled at the thought; she would throttle whoever started that rumor sixty years ago!

More important to the present, though, she wondered if the Captain had heard of her... ravenous carnal appetite. If so, that'd certainly make things awkward, she thought. Not that the rumors were false; they were entirely correct, she thought, only nobody likes to talk about it.

"Captain Kusanagi," Sabiruchi said, her voice uncharacteristically nervous and awkward. There was something big on her mind. "Would you... mm... Like to come to bed with me?" her voice rushed out, then she turned bright pink at the way that sounded. "I meant, come to the bedroom with me! I want to show you something secret," she choked out, shaking her head furiously. Why in Hell was this so hard to put into words now? She couldn't even correct her awkwardly worded request now, choking on the dread of what she just said to a very young man she barely knew, let alone a man who out-ranked her.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kei Kusanagi on Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:46 pm

Nearly coughing on his own breath, Kei took a moment to realize what she had said, though when she clarified it Kei seemed to pause. His mind went blank as he was unsure what she would want him to know about that was otherwise secret, and as such he spoke out quietly, "If it's to show me something, then I suppose that's OK then." He was careful with his words, as a Captain there were certain expectations with how he acted toward people he outranked in private areas. There was a certain dignity to being a Captain, even being a Lieutenant had certain responsibilities in private places, something he was sure Sabre didn't intend to break, especially with a Captain. Though the more he thought about it, Kei considered, they weren't rules per say, just expectations. For instance, there wasn't technically a rule that all shinigami had to dress identically, though most did. The few that didn't either had special exemptions, or were privileged enough that no one would question it.

A shiver down his spine, Kei took on a somewhat awkward expression, though not a repulsed or upset one. Kei sighed softly, clearly relieved to a small degree. A Captain and a Lieutenant going to bed with one another? How disgraceful would others claim it was, especially with them barely knowing one another. Though Kei mulled the thought over, it wasn't like they were in the same division, so there wasn't a conflict of interest, but not knowing her made it awkward enough. Kei couldn't shake the thought despite having put the idea of it out of reach. Then all the sudden, "Wait, isn't there a conflict of interest with your relationship with the Commander?", without even thinking about how untrue the rumor even was, correcting it by adding, "I mean, since you're in the same division and because she's your direct supervisor, though due to her rank anyone in that kind of relationship would be conflict of interest wouldn't it?" He looked puzzled, it was clear her words spurred the thought on, and more clear he had heard that particular rumor, and not only accepted it as possible, but at least he didn't seem offended by it.

Kei Kusanagi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabiruchi Tsuyosa on Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:13 pm

While Sabre was already pink from stumbling over her own words, she now turned scarlet. "I am not sleeping with that Baozhai bitch! Who the Hell even started that rumor!?" Most days Sabre couldn't stand the sight of the Commander, and even at best they were only friends in the past. Well, then again, Sabre thought, not many friends would have done the political subterfuge that her and the other Noblewoman had done. And that big chested ninny certainly didn't do her part in squashing the rumors!

But, the anger certainly helped clear her head. "My apologies.  I'm not, nor have I ever, slept with the Commander, or any member of the Baozhai Family, nor will I ever," Sabre said more calmly before turning on her heel sharply to towards the West Wing. "Officially, nobody knows the contents of the West Wing, and I'd appreciate subtly on the matters behind my closed doors." Sabre led the Captain onward, down a series of maze-like hallways, even having gone out into the central courtyard twice, both times re-entering the actual home through separate doors. It was clear the house had been redesigned to prevent anyone from accidentally reaching the West Wing.

"As I said, officially nobody knows about what is behind my doors. I'm sure you've guessed that I don't live alone, at least. But, well... You'll find out, I guess. Just... please don't touch things in my bedroom." Sabre said as she stopped outside her doors, identical to all the others.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kei Kusanagi on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:09 am

Kei sensed the flared reiatsu of Sabre, knewing he hit a nerve with his comment, so the shout wasn't much of a surprise to him, though to some degree having her shout in such a place was. When she cleared her head and spoke more respectfully, Kei accepted with a nod, commenting, "A shame, in some way a scandal like that might get people more involved. I'm sure there's some secret men's society that pines over things like that." Kei's casualty in such a comment was somewhat frightening in a way, a dangerous mindset to be willing to accept such things were going on. However, it was also true that the only rumor about Kei was that he was able to calm hollows, though the rumor took many different and extremely vague forms. Some even claimed he played a flute to make hollows follow him, and that his shikai was somehow a pinwheel that hypnotized them. The truth was so hard to ascertain in the Gotei 13 that it was sometimes a laughable concept to listen to rumors. With that said, the very idea that a Captain accepted such a scandalous rumor was rather strange, though there was also a possibility that he didn't, and this was one of his tests of sort.

As Kei followed Sabre through the very intentional pathway, he couldn't help but look to the doors as he passed them, his head drawn toward the reiatsu he felt behind them. Everything, even buildings themselves, gave off a minor feeling of reiatsu, but usually so minor most couldn't feel it much. With the calmness of casual walking though, Kei was hard-pressed to ignore the feeling, he realized just how difficult it would be to 'accidentally' show up in this particular part of the house. Then the warning of touching things came, Kei took a moment before commenting, "I hope you understand with me, if you plan to show me something I will need to touch it to truly know it's appearance. I can detect reiatsu in all things clearly, but shapes are different, and color is beyond my comprehension." This warning came at a price, he wasn't denying her the right to privacy and such, but he was stating clearly that if she were intending him to 'see' something, there was no avoiding him touching it. "Maybe that's why I don't care if you're a pariah though, I don't know what any shinigami truly looks like as I've never needed to know, so I don't know who your accusers really even are in some way."

That last comment held an air of dignity to it in his voice, however the words seemed rather empty. In a way, Kei had just admitted he was completely alone in his world. He knew nothing of shinigami beyond their voice, rank, and reiatsu. He didn't even understand how others used reiatsu to tell shinigami apart from hollow and other souls, as they always comment how it's red. Kei could just feel the subtle differences, like an instinct he could pick up on them, but to Kei they were attached to shapeless, colorless, disembodied voices. He knew his own appearance, but nothing else of the world around him.  It was no surprise he had no reason to socialize with most people, how could he even see them as people? Kei spent most of his time so buried in paperwork that the very idea of people wasn't even considered by him. "I won't touch without permission of course though", he affirmed, making his intentions clear. This promise would almost feel distant, like he wasn't concerned with what he'd be given permission to look at, as he looked at so few things that anything might be foreign to him at this point.

Kei Kusanagi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabiruchi Tsuyosa on Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:47 am

Sabre started to respond, but shook her head. Instead, she slid the door open, though from the way it banged into place, it was clear the door was much heavier than a mere paper door; it was actually heavily reinforced and only "looked" like a paper door.

Instantly, she was accosted by various senses. Firstly, it was absolutely freezing inside her bedrooms, the temperature holding at a mere sixteen degrees Fahrenheit. Then, there was the smell; an almost overwhelming blend of incenses and herbs, as well as the unmistakable smell of bodies after an intense workout, couple with a nearly wet-dog smell. Then there was the noise, as two loud men shouted, "She's back!" and two women yelled out "You're early!"

Before Sabre could truly react, a dark shape came barreling out of one of the various rooms attached to her bedroom, and she was tackled to the ground. The Lieutenant laughed and grumbled, pushing a young, sweaty teenage Werewolf girl off herself. Three other people entered the room as Sabre got back on her feet, repeatedly telling the four who lived with her to calm down.

Back on her feet, Sabre turned to the Captain behind her. "These four are what I wanted you to see, Captain," Sabre said. 'These four' were two Werewolves and two Humans, a man and woman each, all physically young, and all exceptionally built. The males were both over six feet tall, the Werewolf nearly seven feet tall, while both women were rather short, even shorter than Sabre and Kei, which was almost impossible for the Werewolf girl considering her Species' tendency to be much larger than Humans. Also of notice was that they were all very well endowed, a fact made easy to note due to their complete lack of clothing, which Sabre silently told them to all get dressed. But, also, they were all very strong, both physically and spiritually. As the four went to get dressed, Sabre continued, "I desired your opinion on if a career change should be in order; they're all rather strong, and I've been nursing their spiritual energies for quite some time... I wanted to know your opinion."

Sabre was quite thankful the Captain was blind, however, as she lead him into her bedroom. For one, her large bed that took up most of the room was completely disorganized, there were spilled jars on her writing desk, her computer was still on and logged into the website she designed, "ScandalousSeireiteiShinigami.soul"- currently the number one rated adult website of the afterlife-, and one whole wall of her bedroom seemed to hold nothing but lewd toys and equipment. Equally distressing, her wardrobe door was open, and various articles of clothing were on the ground around it, as if somebody had gone through and tried on all of her clothes while she wasn't home.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kei Kusanagi on Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:48 am

While it was true that Kei could not see how distressing the room was, the smell of wet dog did hit him rather hard. With a lack of sight came increased secondary senses, though fortunately also came a lifetime of being used to them. He did not react, though he did quickly identify the four as the reiatsu he'd been detecting for some time. This was the group she'd been mentioning she came to meet perhaps, perhaps not, but more importantly, they did have a distinct strength to their pressure. It wasn't very often ordinary plusses had such a reiatsu, so Kei couldn't just ignore it, these four were definitely capable of learning at the academy, probably quite well if they put their heart into it.

With a calm bow of respect, Kei spoke, "While it isn't my place to accept them into the academy, nor my place to judge if they would want to put in the effort, my report will reflect positively  should any or all of them attempt to join us. It's clear to me already that they are capable, as long as they have the drive." Kei wondered if the four knew how hard it would be to get a positive comment on a report from a Captain, or how lucky it was that Kei's senses were bar none one of the best in the Gotei 13, so his judgement on this matter was highly valued. There was even talk of having Kei spend time as a scout for new members for the academy due to his accuracy. Though even Sabre may not know that part.

There was a certain sense from Sabre that Kei couldn't shake. She seemed somehow relieved in her words, almost nervous but not quite, was she truly this worried that Kei wouldn't accept them? Sure they smelled, but so did anyone who was working out, which he presumed these four did often. "If any or all of you would like to join, send for me and I will escort you to the academy for the acceptance tests, all you would need to do is let Sabre know." Kei expected the academy to judge too harshly if Sabre escorted them, so he made himself available. Their prejudice against Sabre should definitely not extend to these four, as strong shinigami are always in high demand.

There was an uneasiness in Kei, could he tell what he was surrounded by? Just how clear WAS his sense of detection? It would be hard to truly know that in t he back of his mind he kept silently thinking to himself, 'I'm in her bedroom.' Not being the most social person, Kei did not have much experience spending time in women's bedrooms, especially women who slipped up and asked to go to bed with them. Kei couldn't get the blunder out of his head, and as a result he had begun seeming a bit distant, almost on edge. "I'll just need your names if you want to be considered, a note of interest would go a long way though."

Kei Kusanagi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabiruchi Tsuyosa on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:51 am

Sabre allowed the four young adults to introduce themselves. The two Werewolves were distant members of the Shimazu Noble Family, and the other two were from the Koga Noble Family. After the introductions were made, Sabre gestured for the four to go get cleaned up, and as they left, pushing, swearing and joking around- Sabre hanging her head in embarrassment due to their inability to behave themselves in Kei's presence- while Sabre went around and began burning candles, helping to rid the rooms of the scent of four sweaty adults, filling it with a lilac scent.

Sabre had placed the flower given to her on the writing desk.

"Would you... like to sit, Captain Kusanagi? There's a few chairs over here..." Sabre said, a note of self-consciousness in her voice as she quickly moved a brassier of the offered chair, hiding it under the bed with a kick of her foot. "I had hired these four as my servants almost twenty years ago, paying them far more than a Shinigami's salary to coax them into not going into the Academy when they came of age. While they're all Nobles like myself, they're not in the line for inheriting anything. They're mostly distant cousins, closer to their branch Families than the Head of the Families. But, I got to thinking recently, that maybe they'd have been better off becoming Shinigami rather than living here with me all these years; they haven't stepped foot outside the West Wing in all that time. I don't know, I mean, they all seem to like each other and of course they haven't complain about all the-" Sabre cut herself off before she explained exactly why four gorgeous and intelligent young people lived in her rooms as her personal servants.

The Noblewoman was walking around the room, nudging things out of view, hiding the contents of her raided dresser- she was sure the Werewolf girl, Meredia, and the albino human girl, who had introduced herself as Luna, had been the culprits of taking out all of her clothes. Though she knew the Captain couldn't see, she felt as if he knew exactly how messy the bedroom was. Was that why he was so uncomfortable, she asked herself. No, stupid, she thought, he's uncomfortable because you made this sound like a booty call, not a job interview!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kei Kusanagi on Thu Mar 09, 2017 3:45 pm

Moving to take the offered seat, Kei lowered his head some in a casual bow, thanking the host for the seat. He was still distant for a moment, but as he sat he commented, "They are rowdy, but that won't hurt their chances in academy as long as they listen to the instructors." He was making an observation about the worst trait he'd noticed about them, but qualifying it as not being an exceptionally problematic trait, as if to say, if that's the worst thing they have going for them then no big deal. As Sabre moved about the room, Kei could hear things being moved about, "Are you thankful in this moment that I can't see the condition of your room?", he asked, his voice slightly off, as if he was trying to make a joke but just didn't have it in him to sound truly sarcastic. In fact it was hard to tell if he /was/ making a joke, though he knew fairly well her room must be pretty bad if she had that much stuff to move out of sight. Kei could tell there were a lot of things around him, if asked to point at everything he'd have no problem doing so, but if asked what he was surrounded by he'd probably just say clothes and nick-knacks. How blissfully unaware he truly was.

"I have to question why you'd not want them to be shinigami until this point though. Are you worried of the risks they'd face?" This was by far one of the most fair questions Kei asked. There didn't seem any reason they'd fail from his immediate perspective, they were stronger than most plusses, maybe on par with shinigami who were recent graduates even. With proper training and dedication they'd probably end up in seated officer positions in no time depending on how much they wanted it. Though while that didn't seem like much to say for a shinigami, they weren't shinigami. This group was still just qualified as plusses, unless there was more she hadn't told him. This didn't seem like Sabre though, she didn't seem like the kind of person who would willing hold back people she cared about, not after the display she did earlier at the door. This led Kei to think she was afraid of what might happen to them, but that prompted him to say, "People were worried about you when you joined the academy, no one knows how well you'll do until you do it though."

Kei slowly panned his head, pausing when it came in direct path to the candle, it seemed the scent of lilac may have drawn his attention. He definitely had memories tied to that particular flower, as he was the only Captain in the shinigami to have his own personal lilac garden by his barracks. Kei took in a long thoughtful breath and let it out slowly, he was considering all the possibilities of the four joining, but with the exception of them not being truly driven to try hard, they would almost certainly get approved and trained. Kei just couldn't come up with room for them to fail if they were really interested. The longer he was in the room though, smelling the lilac, the more he felt like there was something in the room that would embarrass him and Sabre if he knew about. He wasn't to touch anything, she immediately lit candals, there were four personal servants confined to a single wing of an estate, it all added up to something unusual, and that became apparent in Kei's somewhat stiff movements, trying not to show just how much he'd analyzed of the situation.

Kei Kusanagi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabiruchi Tsuyosa on Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:22 pm

Sabre, deciding to give up hiding the various messes her servants had made of her actual bedroom, sat on the bed, facing the Captain. "It's not that I worry for their safety," she started, her voice sounding oddly concerned. "I've done my best to teach them how to become stronger and to increase their own spiritual pressures- don't worry, they have no idea how to actually use it yet- but they were all natural talents before I hired them. It's just... I'm starting to think that maybe I was out of line, hiring them in the first place to attend to my own needs. I chose them because they met my high standards of what I thought a person should be. But, with everything going on outside this household, even inside it, I wonder if perhaps they should be getting on with their lives. If they so choose, I mean."

Sabre tried not to sound like a guilty girlfriend or a possessive housewife, but it was clear that on some level she cared about her four servants, and they for her. But it'd be foolish to call it love or even friendship.

In the distance, for the West Wing was rather large, she could hear the four servants laughing and horsing around over the sound of running water. One of the girls shrieked, followed by a wolfish howl of laughter. Something very large fell in the distance.

Sabiruchi shook her head, speaking to the Captain. "I don't know. I just feel that maybe it's not right, having four young adults like themselves living inside these rooms, never leaving, for years. Not that the West Wing is small or cramped, and they're very well paid and have anything they desire, but... It just doesn't seem to sit right with me anymore. And I most certainly can't just fire them; this is their home now. But if I was to bring them to the Academy, they'd always be haunted by questions of where they came from, what I hired them for, and at worse people will think they're like me."

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kei Kusanagi on Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:27 pm

With a slow nod, Kei listened to her words. With the sudden falling sound, Kei tilted his head and turned to face the direction it came from. With a curious expression on his face, it was pretty clear he was curious of the sounds, and why she hadn't reacted too surprised. "Did I hear a wolf just now?", Kei asked rather bluntly, which raised more curiosity in his ability to sense reiatsu. Or rather, it showed that plusses all had a similar enough reiatsu that despite what species they were, to Kei they were just a plus. That's how it was, people were just amalgamations to him, amorphous voices and reiatsu. Appearance meant absolutely nothing to him in most context, this was how he distanced himself from others. Not often did people figure this out about Kei, but when dealing with people who were clearly not the same in appearance as the norm, it became somewhat more apparent when they made sounds he'd identify as different.

Despite the comments though, he turned his attention back to Sabre, and before she could react too strongly to his revealing observation, he added, "My word isn't changing on the matter. As far as I and the Gotei 13 sees it, they are welcome to try out for the academy. If they bring me letters of interest or join me on my way back, then I will not refuse them their due attempt at trying out. If though, you tell them not and they listen to you, that is also their decision. As I see it, you do want them to succeed or you wouldn't have brought me to see them, and now you're conflicted with how it might turn out." With a long pause to take a breath in thought, Kei added, "I can't promise it will be easy for them, in fact you just commented on the one thing that will make it very difficult on them. Will keeping them here make that any different though? Do you want me to affirm that keeping them here is fair to them? I can't say either way on that one, only they can, but I ask you to look inside yourself to make the right decision, I won't argue with whatever you choose to do." Kei knew well that if she told them to stay they would, it was clear with how he was trying to reason with Sabre, and he saw it was a missed opportunity to not scout new members to the Gotei 13.

Kei Kusanagi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabiruchi Tsuyosa on Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:03 pm

Seeing that the Captain wasn't going to be providing any easy answers to the Noblewoman's conflicted mind, Sabre tried to clear her mind. But, hearing the four adults laughing and playing, with a game system of some kind being turned on, adding to the noise while two of them seemed to be fighting over the controller based on their voices and the way the game continually paused and un-paused, as well as being in her bedroom amid the scented candles made the woman shift uncomfortably for a completely different reason. Shifting uneasily, Sabre crossed her legs, looking at the Captain again.

"Kashikōkami's laugh does sound rather... wild. I've grown used to it over the years that I hardly hear his howling. I'm assuming him and Bertold are wrestling over the armchair right now. The girls are probably still getting cleaned up." It struck Sabre as odd that she referred to them as 'the girls' despite being physically close to the same age. Of course, she had a great number more years on them.

"Perhaps I'm just getting sentimental and making a fuss over nothing. They are all grown adults after all, even if they don't seem to be acting like it right now," Sabre added as there was another loud crash followed be an equally loud yelp.

She thought to herself as she continually crossed and uncrossed her legs. Perhaps I'm spoiling them too much by letting them have so much freedom and paying them so handsomely, she thought. After all, even as a Lieutenant, her four servants had a higher salary than herself, though Sabre had money coming from a great number of projects she had invested or started. After all, they're barely even servants. More like... roommates... who clean, work-out and study whenever I request. And who have tons and tons of- She stopped her train of thought.

Yes, the candles were definitely affecting her with their scent. She'd have to find a new scent to use until her body got over the urge to associate the scent with certain actions. Perhaps sandalwood would be a good option, or black bamboo.

It was clear now that she was completely lost in thought, her attention away from the Captain only a few feet from herself.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kei Kusanagi on Thu Mar 09, 2017 9:48 pm

Sitting in silence, Kei listened to the commotion going on in the other room. He thought to himself about how his description 'rowdy', might be putting it a bit lightly. However, he could hear nothing breaking, no one was truly fighting or hurting one another, so it was fine as long as Sabre accepted the behavior. He didn't know the sounds of a gaming system, to him it was just some form of technology that passed him over. Kei lived and died before that kind of thing existed, then as a plus in the Rukongai he was poor and lived much like he did in the living world. Television, games, the whole thing was all beyond Kei's consideration, he just didn't put much stock into most of it. He did find the invention of digital music to be interesting, though most of the music he listened to was older Japanese music and a few recordings of a Japanese comedy duo known as All-Hanshin Kyojin.

With a long thought, Kei didn't want to make known the thought that went through his head, she'd stopped seeing them as just servants, and either had a big-sister or motherly view of them it seemed. 'The girls' somewhat tipped him off, he knew mothers who referred to their daughters and daughter's friends like that, but never an employer referring to their staff. While Kei didn't know any older sisters who used that term, he could easily see an older sibling referring to their younger as such. Would it offend Sabre to know Kei thought she was acting like one or the other? Kei wasn't about to ask and find out, instead he knew she'd probably not find the topic comforting coming from a both a young man and a Captain. While Kei was often quite direct with saying what he was thinking, there were times where tact had to be used, even if Kei wasn't always the best at guessing when those times were.

"Is everything ok?", he suddenly asked, his head turning a bit toward her legs. In their silence, he could hear them shifting, and without much in the way of visual cues indicating why they were, Kei was left to wonder. His nature was protective though, and with her seeming uncomfortable, there was no way he could ignore it all of the sudden. Kei knew something was bothering her, but he just couldn't put his finger on it. "You've been very antsy all of the sudden, are you not feeling well?" It was no surprise that he would consider health as an option for her unease, and open with that as a possibility. It gave her an excuse if she needed one, a polite way for her to reject the question. It seemed Kei wasn't as dumb to discussing things as he might sometimes seem, even if he didn't always seem to use that sensibility.

Kei Kusanagi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabiruchi Tsuyosa on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:20 pm

Sabre snapped out of her reverie, drawn back into the conversation. She recrossed her legs before giving up and rising to her feet. "No, no, I'm alright. I'm just lost in thought is all. If you wouldn't mind, I'm going to get cleaned up and change while we're here, then we could head out if you'd like. I have to bring the application to the Commander's office tonight, so I wouldn't mind walking you home or wherever. One of the girls could keep you company in here, or you could go join the boys in the next room over; that's our entertainment room. The girls should be coming back here in a moment anyways."

Blushing faintly, Sabre quickly grabbed several garments out of her closet and off the floor, checking them for tears or stains before hurriedly exiting the bedroom to the left, opposite of where the servants had gone. From the right, the sounds of some game about hunting zombies played loudly.

Sabre shut the heavy wooden door behind her, locking herself in and turning on the shower immediately even though she didn't step in. Instead, she leaned against the door, trying to calm herself and clear her mind of impure and generally adult themed thoughts. When she finally had herself relaxed, she stripped off her "uniform" and plunged herself under the steaming hot stream of the shower, gasping loudly as it turned her skin red. She stood under the water, clearing her mind.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kei Kusanagi on Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:45 pm

Sitting in silence, Kei could hear the water rushing in the other room, masking any other sounds of her getting ready. He sighed quietly as he took a small notebook from his sleeve, his report book. Many Captains and Lieutenants carried one just in case they wanted to remember details for a report they were to write later, and as a newer Captain, and as one who's been reprimanded heavily for missing details in reports, it was implied he should always have a notebook on hand. Sliding one hand into his other sleeve, he retrieved a long thin rod with a sharp tip and began lightly pressing it to the paper. His hand moved quick, but if any were to look at the notebook it would simply look blank and somewhat scratched up. An astute person might realize, he was writing in braille.

After a few moments, Kei shifted his foot, water? He felt the coldness of a drop of water on his ankle, then realized there was steam. From the shower no doubt, but he didn't think he was that close to the door. Kei took a moment to re-map out the area, then concluded he was not right by the door to the shower. Ears perked for a moment, Kei could hear the water still running, she hadn't run a bath but there was this much steam? While most might not really pay it much mind, Kei was relying on his sense of touch, feeling the steam meant there was more than what most people would see. She must be red in there.

Sliding to his feet, Kei walked over to the door to where the bath was. He could feel the steam billowing from under the door, just how hot of a shower did she take? Two soft knocks, then Kei would speak, "You know it's bad for you to take that hot of a shower, right? It will dry your skin.", he called in. Having lived with his mother, there was no privacy in his home growing up. And being blind meant his mother didn't often tell him not to bother her while she was bathing, in case he really needed her. As a result, Kei didn't really consider showers a place of privacy so much, he knew people put a lot of concern into it, but Japanese culture didn't put much stock in privacy, so he suspected she wouldn't mind a blind man making such a benign comment through a door. As he spoke though, the knob did clink, did he try to open the door?

Kei Kusanagi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sabiruchi Tsuyosa on Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:01 pm

Sabre had her head directly under the shower, feeling the water burning her scalp as she scrubbed at her skin with a thick sponge. Under the water, she couldn't hear anything, which was precisely why she had it turned up so high. With the streams of water pounding at her head, her ears clogged with soap and water, Sabre wouldn't be able to hear someone unless they were directly outside her shower. Kei's voice, muffled by the thick door, never reached Sabre's ears.

Outside her bathroom, in the room across her bedroom, the two males had began playing a multi-player game, one where the object was to see who could slay the most Hollows with their avatars in a set amount of time. It was supposedly popular among younger Shinigami and Nobles.

The two females were done changing, and one of them waltzed into the bedroom with Kei. It was the petite Albino girl, Luna, holding a ring of keys and a tray of snack foods, which she set down on the table nearest Kei, before asking the Captain if he needed to get into the bathroom. Without waiting for a response, she unlocked the door and danced her way out of the bedroom. The servants, it seemed, had no concept of privacy anymore either.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kei Kusanagi on Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:10 pm

Nodding in thanks, Kei bowed lightly toward the woman who unlocked the door for him. He, like most Japanese, didn't see privacy as a very important fact as long as she still was out of view. Kei opened the door a bit, enough to pop his head in to call out to her, "If you don't turn the temperature down you'll dry your skin out." He didn't seem embarrassed opening a door on a showering woman, though in Japanese culture that wasn't too odd as long as he stayed out of sight. However, shinigami culture wasn't completely Japanese in nature. While a lot of Japanese traditions existed, there was culture mingling from other cultures too.

While Kei was leaning in, he was quite surprised by the amount of steam, did she not know how hot she was taking showers or how much skin damage it caused. He didn't step into the room, despite being blind he knew a lot of women were very self-conscious of having a man in a room with them when showering, despite knowing in his head that clothing meant very little to him, and if someone was naked he wouldn't even know without touch. He could sense clothing, but it was so very faint that he didn't really know what most clothing looked like, besides what parts of the body it covered. With that, he usually ignored clothing often.

Kei Kusanagi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top